• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,411
  • Total Topics: 5,704
  • Online today: 297
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 155
  • Total: 155
If you would like to make a donation to help with the running costs of the site, then a donation button has been added to the bottom of the page.  Thanks.
Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning ResourcesPhotography and Time of D...

What have I done!!!

Started by michaelb104, October 26, 2011, 06:19:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jinky

Enjoy it Michael - of course your shots will be even better  ;)

ABERS

Not being much of an equipment buff, like Krennon I popped into the local Jacobs (the same one) to have a gander and a play, and came away somewhat envious of anyone that has one. The salesman was very impressive, keen and well trained on the features and benefits front, the halitosis was bit off-putting, but he didn't go for the jugular and actually ask for the order. If he had and added a couple of incentives, a spare battery or the like I might have succumbed. I mumbled something like my missus will be wondering where I was and legged it.

In the Starbucks next door I found all sorts of reasons why I didn't need one. All those fps's, I don't do action/sports. my current camera seems to be working allright, so perhaps when and if any sale or money back offer comes along I might just wander back in. ;)

picsfor

Alan,

my 5D2 is overkill for you - really. <4fps, ISO 6400 exp to 25600, 21mp FF sensor. What would you need all that for?

Stick to your current kit, seems to be serving you well - though we haven't heard of any exhibitions lately.

ABERS

Just had a look my current gear achieves 5fps apparently, must try it sometime.

No exhibitions on the horizon Andrew other than those where prints are accepted, saves all the hassle, and expense and that tedious stewarding. ;)

picsfor

you mean you want us to come and make the tea for the visitors?

I'd expect free entry  :tup: :2funny:

Jonathan

Quote from: ABERS on November 16, 2011, 08:50:05 AM
In the Starbucks next door I found all sorts of reasons why I didn't need one.

Really?  You've never struck me as a Starbucks type of person.
It's Guest's round

ABERS

Quote from: Jonathan on November 17, 2011, 07:59:32 AM

Mmmmm..a bit pricey but I'll use anywhere, but I didn't know that you had to be of a certain type to use Starbucks! Mind you come to think of it there were a goodly number of customers talking loudly on phones and flashing those iPad things, so perhaps I was a little conspicuous!

I'm rather partial to those places where you can get away without paying as Graham will confirm. :tup:

Graham

Quote from: ABERS on November 17, 2011, 11:02:12 AM
Quote from: Jonathan on November 17, 2011, 07:59:32 AM

Mmmmm..a bit pricey but I'll use anywhere, but I didn't know that you had to be of a certain type to use Starbucks! Mind you come to think of it there were a goodly number of customers talking loudly on phones and flashing those iPad things, so perhaps I was a little conspicuous!

I'm rather partial to those places where you can get away without paying as Graham will confirm. :tup:
Confirmed!  :tup: :dance: :knuppel2: :legit:
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. 

My Gallery
My Flickr Pics

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.