• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,411
  • Total Topics: 5,704
  • Online today: 297
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 246
  • Total: 246
  • Google
  • Bingbot
parkcameras
Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning ResourcesPhotography and Time of D...

Chat Thread - 'STRUCTURES' - Weekly Competition 4 - 10 November 2013

Started by DigiDiva, November 04, 2013, 08:47:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DigiDiva

This week's theme is 'Structures'

Any interpretation of the theme will be accepted.To help, dictionary definition is:

1.mode of building, construction, or organization; arrangement of parts, elements, or constituents: a pyramidal structure.
2.something built or constructed, as a building, bridge, or dam.
3.a complex system considered from the point of view of the whole rather than of any single part: the structure of modern science.
4.anything composed of parts arranged together in some way; an organization.
5.the relationship or organization of the component parts of a work of art or literature: the structure of a poem.

No restrictions on Post Processing.

Pictures to be taken between 00.01am Monday 04 November 2013 to 23:59 Sunday 10 November 2013.
Pictures to be posted in the entries thread no later than 23.59pm Monday 11 November 2013.
Poll will be up Tuesday 12 November 2013.
Winner to be announced Saturday 16 November 2013.

The Rules for the weekly competition are...

By entering you agree to take responsibility to
Post a topic on the Sunday following your declared win
Create an entries thread
Create a chat thread
Create a poll for that weeks comp and declare the winner on the Saturday
(if for any reason there is a problem and no subject is posted by the winner by Monday night admin will advise second place winner to post the topic asap, do the poll etc.)

In case of a tie, the first entry posted wins.

Photos to be taken during the specified dates, ie Monday xx to Sunday xx

Pictures to be posted in the entries thread no later than 23.59 Monday night.
Please visit my website @ www.sunderlandwallart.com

Jediboy

Good theme. Plenty of scope. Will try to get an entry in this week.
May the Force be with you.

Chris

Hinfrance

Lots of scope there DD, should attract a fair number of entries.
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

DigiDiva

' my hope. I have a couple of ideas, there's 2 particular structures in my vicinity that I love but other than today and Saturday, I will be pushed with the dark nights (like most others who work I suspect) to get there.Good luck everyone.

Oldboy

Quote from: DigiDiva on November 04, 2013, 10:07:25 AM
' my hope. I have a couple of ideas, there's 2 particular structures in my vicinity that I love but other than today and Saturday, I will be pushed with the dark nights (like most others who work I suspect) to get there.Good luck everyone.

A night time shot may be magic.  8)

jinky

Getting in early this week and probably will stick with this unless I go to plan b. I was visiting my mum up in Newcastle yesterday and she is generally housebound and can see very little. Decided to lift her into the car and take her to the Hilton for lunch to see what she could of the bridges. I hadn`t even bothered taking a camera up as I thought we`d be indoors and it was so dull and then we got a bit of light and I was looking out of the window regretting it. As we got to reception I saw this reflection in their indoor water feature looking through their doors out to the balcony. Needs must and I actually took a picture with my phone - I know, I always slag off phone pics and do so few. They thought I was daft kneeling on the floor but I liked the structures of the door frames and the bridge beyond - wasn`t even thinking of the comp.

2 Structures for the Price of 1

spikeyjen

this is a great catch Jinky, I can see how frustrated you must be not having your camera. God bless mobile phones!

DigiDiva

You have the structure, the reflection and the overlay of the window. Well done.

Karen

OMG you must have been well p***** off not having your camera but none the less its a cracker :'(

jimthetrain

Quote from: spikeyjen on November 06, 2013, 09:23:39 PM
this is a great catch Jinky, I can see how frustrated you must be not having your camera. God bless mobile phones!

+1 from me, but I must admit my iPhone impresses me sometimes. You forget how cameras on phones have progressed.
BOOZE!!! Helping ugly people have sex.

kerbside

Always have my iphone with me as a standby, with a resolution of  8 MP, 3264 x 2448 pixels what more do you need as a standby? ;D

You have to be in to win but winning is not everything, it's participating that counts.
http://www.fluidr.com/photos/kerbside

Hinfrance

Quote from: kerbside on November 06, 2013, 10:41:57 PM
Always have my iphone with me as a standby, with a resolution of  8 MP, 3264 x 2448 pixels what more do you need as a standby? ;D

A Nokia  :legit:
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

Reinardina

I have a mobile PHONE, for making and receiving calls/texts in emergencies. Works a treat, but useless as stand by camera!

Not sure I'll get an entry in this week; Monday was great, weatherwise, but I didn't see the theme till I got home.
Had my camera with me yesterday, but was too busy trying to fit all the necessities in, to look round for possibles. And it was very dull at that.

Great capture Paul!

Beauty is bought by judgment of the eye.
Shakespeare. (Love's Labours Lost.)

Oldboy

Quote from: Hinfrance on November 07, 2013, 06:52:47 AM
Quote from: kerbside on November 06, 2013, 10:41:57 PM

A Nokia  :legit:

:2funny: :2funny:

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.