• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,412
  • Total Topics: 5,705
  • Online today: 158
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 108
  • Total: 108
  • Baidu
aliexpress
Temu £100 Coupon bundle o...Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning Resources

Chat – MISSING - Weekly Comp 11th Feb 2013 to 17th Feb 2013

Started by Beaux Reflets, February 10, 2013, 01:46:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Beaux Reflets

Chat –  MISSING  Weekly Comp 11th  Feb 2013 to 17th Feb 2013

This weeks topic for the competition is...

MISSING

As the title implies, the task is to provide a shot where something is missing or being missed.

How you interpret the challenge is totally up to you. The "missing" aspect should be as obvious as possible, and the title of the image should include, indicate or name the "missing" aspect or item .

The composition is totally up to you, by way of a single shot or a composite composition.

No restrictions on Post Processing

Pictures to be taken between 00.01am Monday 11th Feb 2013 to 23:59 Sunday 17th Feb 2013.
Pictures to be posted in the entries thread no later than 23.59pm Monday 18th Feb 2013.
Poll will be up Tuesday 19th Feb 2013.
Winner to be announced Saturday 23rd  Feb  2013.

The Rules for the weekly competition are...

By entering you agree to take responsibility to
Post a topic on the Sunday following your declared win
Create an entries thread
Create a chat thread
Create a poll for that weeks comp and declare the winner on the Saturday
(if for any reason there is a problem and no subject is posted by the winner by Monday night admin will advise second place winner to post the topic asap, do the poll etc.)

In case of a tie, the first entry posted wins.

Photos to be taken during the specified dates, ie Monday xx to Sunday xx

Pictures to be posted in the entries thread no later than 23.59 Monday night

Above all have fun.
:beer: Andy

"Light anchors things in place and gives perspective meaning."

The choices we make are rooted in reflection.

http://beauxreflets.blogspot.com/

Matthew

I'll have to take my camera on this Fridays' impending Stag Do to Amsterdam, no doubt a few of the fellow Stags under my watch will go walk abouts.....or my camera....hmmm on reflection, I best try and get something in before then.......
Never argue with a stupid person, they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

DigiDiva

I have an idea for this one, but I'm finding time a massive issue!
Please visit my website @ www.sunderlandwallart.com

Hinfrance

Well, not the idea I had orginally - some selfish beggar kept on parking his car right in front of what I wanted, so I had to go for plan B; Old Windmill:

I think it is pretty obvious what is missing from this windmill, so I'll not elaborate ;)
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

Beaux Reflets

I'm still looking for something to shoot - but it's missing  :D

Reinardina

When I flew into Holland, the weather was beautiful and the sights from the window breath taking. On the return flight, the weather was good again, so I kept my camera handy. Sadly, we were delayed by an hour, and by the time we were at the right height, it was too dark. I did take a few shots, which I could enter with a title like 'missing light,' or 'missing view.'
Better not though, as the quality is not very good.

Still not quite back into the swing of things, as the visit drained me, and I still feel tired.

I'll do my best though to get something.

Beauty is bought by judgment of the eye.
Shakespeare. (Love's Labours Lost.)

michaelb104

Thought I'd knock up a quick entry whilst the OH is watching some stupid dance program (it is for a good cause though), hopefully I'll find something better tomorrow.

Mike

My Flickr   .   My Fluidr

Reinardina

Didn't get round to do more than a 'just in case' shot, which I'll upload later today.

I'l also put up the new challenge then.

Still coming round from my trip to Holland.

Reinardina

Having been bombarded with security announcements about unattended baggage, on my recent trip to Holland, I decided to make this my entry.

Unattended Luggage.

Kerry Holt

Beaux Reflets

Kerry Holt

Reinardina

Quote from: kerry holt on February 17, 2013, 06:33:00 PM
i know i had to blow the dust off my camera bag!   :-[

A self portrait would have done nicely too, as you've been missing for some time!

DigiDiva

I tried something a little unusual here. It's....different.....

I took one image of the fork with the MISSING tooth, set up a new layer and using the wand and move tool, copied and pasted the fork to a new layer. I repeated the wand/move and by using freeform, I placed and turned the forks, overlapping etc. I then managed to change the outline to look like a pencil drawing but not sure how! I then made a bottom layer, coloured it in that aqua blue/green colour, then using the eraser tool on the top layer, revealed the colour underneath.

Hope you like it.

DigiDiva

This is the original image BTW.....

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.