• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,412
  • Total Topics: 5,705
  • Online today: 249
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 63
  • Total: 63
millets
Temu £100 Coupon bundle o...Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning Resources

What made you feel good today

Started by greypoint, August 13, 2009, 10:26:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

anglefire

You are knocking great British Engineering - how very dare you ;)

Yes it runs - quite well, though was a little bit missy yesterday - probably because of the cold ambient.

This shot was taken in Feb 2019 (How time flies!) near a friend of mine who last year bought an 80's Merc 560SEC

----------------------------------
Mark
* A HISTORY OF THE UNIVERSE - THE SHORT STORY* 'Hydrogen is a light, odourless gas, which, given enough time, turns into people.'

CPS Gold Member
My Website

Current Bodies:
Canon 1Dx
Canon R3
Canon R5

Sold Bodies:
Canon 350D
Canon 1DMk3
Canon 5D
Canon 1Dx Mk3

Hinfrance

Looks good Mark. The first one was great fun. I used to commute from Bristol to Cirencester every working day. It was lovely to have the roof off on a cold crisp morning.

There was a long gap between the first and second one. The second one would barely make it to the shops without breaking down. I got a Fiat X19 afterwards which blew a head gasket after a few months. So I swapped that for a Kawasaki GPZ 550.
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

anglefire

Start of 4 days with the Canon 600mm f4 - its massive!
Mark
* A HISTORY OF THE UNIVERSE - THE SHORT STORY* 'Hydrogen is a light, odourless gas, which, given enough time, turns into people.'

CPS Gold Member
My Website

Current Bodies:
Canon 1Dx
Canon R3
Canon R5

Sold Bodies:
Canon 350D
Canon 1DMk3
Canon 5D
Canon 1Dx Mk3

StephenBatey

Have fun. My longest lens is 620mm, but f/16 and for large format cameras (covers 10x8). There's something really special with a long lens (even if mine is only 100mm equivalent focal length :D)
Both income tax and lockdowns were introduced as temporary measures by the government.

jinky

anglefire

Mostly in the garden at the moment - though did go to the park this evening.

It is definitely sharper and quicker focusing - but that is no great surprise. Is it £10k better? If you make money from photography, probably.

And just for fun added the 2x converter.

And then went to the park

Mark

CPS Gold Member
My Website

Current Bodies:
Canon 1Dx
Canon R3
Canon R5

Sold Bodies:
Canon 350D
Canon 1DMk3
Canon 5D
Canon 1Dx Mk3

jinky

Great shots but maybe a bit costly for me!

Oldboy

anglefire

Quote from: jinky on April 04, 2021, 07:14:29 AM
Great shots but maybe a bit costly for me!

And me! TBH if I needed one in the future for something specific, I'd just hire one in. No point having that sort of cash loosing money sat in the cupboard for a lot of the time.
Mark

CPS Gold Member
My Website

Current Bodies:
Canon 1Dx
Canon R3
Canon R5

Sold Bodies:
Canon 350D
Canon 1DMk3
Canon 5D
Canon 1Dx Mk3

anglefire

I decided to get a gimbal head for my tripod - nearly all my shots are hand held - and it arrived today (From Bristol Cameras - ordered yesterday arrived today :) and was cheaper than WEX - not by much but it was!)

I have got the Benro GH2 - and it is fabulous - first impressions are very favourable - setup the camera on the bracket and it balances lovely - I have to adjust the plate onto the foot slightly so the 0 point is on the mark but other than that jobs a good un!
Mark

CPS Gold Member
My Website

Current Bodies:
Canon 1Dx
Canon R3
Canon R5

Sold Bodies:
Canon 350D
Canon 1DMk3
Canon 5D
Canon 1Dx Mk3

anglefire

Still not adjusted the foot - but it is fabulous! Bit late for the comp last week!

Mark

CPS Gold Member
My Website

Current Bodies:
Canon 1Dx
Canon R3
Canon R5

Sold Bodies:
Canon 350D
Canon 1DMk3
Canon 5D
Canon 1Dx Mk3

Jediboy

Good work Mark. Yes, shame it's a week too late.

WMMFGT?

I won a photo competition  to have a photo hung in the local library. Nothing major as a small town but it cheered me up to find out. :)
May the Force be with you.

Chris

jinky

StephenBatey

Congratulations. Well done Chris.
Both income tax and lockdowns were introduced as temporary measures by the government.

Hinfrance

Brilliant - it's quite a lovely feeling to see you stuff on display to the public.

Our little photo club has 6 pictures going up in the grounds of the chateau for 4 months - huge waterproof prints (1200 x900mm) the council paid for. One of them is mine :) To be honest it's not one of my best, but the theme was narrow and at least it got voted for. When they are put up next month I'll take a picture of the display and post it here.
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.