• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,412
  • Total Topics: 5,705
  • Online today: 59
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 55
  • Total: 55
photobox
Temu £100 Coupon bundle o...Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning Resources

Not a photography question... a gardening question...

Started by happypaddler, May 16, 2010, 06:29:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

happypaddler

Hi all,

As said, not a photography question, but I thought a number of you may well have greener fingers than I. Oh and the photo shown is not a greatly composed one, just a quick snap.

I have a Kilmarnock Willow in a very large pot on the flag stones outside my front door. I noticed about 15 clusters of small bright, vivid orange small growths across the wooden part of the willow - there seems not to be any on the leaves. When I initially saw them I also saw a number of ladybirds sheltering from the sun on the underside of the leaves. I have since looked a number of times and can not see any ladybirds. I initially thought the orange things were ladybird eggs, but having not seen any since Thursday, I am not so sure. I took a picture   to show you all a small section. Any advice as to what they are, if I should leave them alone or remove them (if so how) would be gratefully received.

Many Thanks

Tim

Zenmer

They look very like ladybird eggs to me, so leave them they will get rid of pests

http://www.turning-earth.co.uk/ladybirds.htm
Two things are infinite : the universe and human stupidity; I'm not sure about the universe

happypaddler

Ah, thanks, I tried to find a pic of ladybird eggs, but all I could find were articles relating to the invasion of Harlequin ladybirds. Looking at the pic on the site you linked to, I agree they are ladybird eggs - I hope not these new vicious verity.

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.