• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,415
  • Total Topics: 5,708
  • Online today: 64
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 32
  • Total: 32
bhphotovideo
RØDE NT1 Signature Series...Microphone Arm,Aokeo AK-4...Sennheiser Profile USB Mi...Temu £100 Coupon bundle o...Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....

Home Town

Started by skellum, January 14, 2012, 08:46:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

skellum

Nice shot Simom. I have to say I am attracted to the snow caped mountains in the distance.
Any history or interesting information about your village ?

Markulous

Quote from: Dave on January 15, 2012, 01:20:26 PM
Yes nice pictures but I was hoping for more descriptive shots of the area and a bit of history. That Lighthouse looks like the one at New Brighton.

Apologies for delay in responding: yes it is New Brighton
Whatever and ever. Amen
http://smg.photobucket.com/home/Markulous/index
Mark @ Photobucket

Markulous

Continuing on the theme, some factoids

We have a lead mine in our garden, dating back to Roman times - would've been worked by 2 or 3 people, the shaft's been capped but a gallery goes over 100m under the neighbouring field. This is the largest space (larger than it looks - you can easily stand) with a fantastic stone water trough which measures about 5 x 2 x 2 feet and is carved in a single piece of stone (probably off-site and brought in - weighs an absolute ton!)

The village was recognised by a fellow 'tog from this pic, despite him living in Kent  :o (they've been coming here every year for the last 15 years)

The river dried up so badly, for months, we had meetings to determine a course of action - not the biggest river but it supports a good deal of wildlife

But it's now largely recovered

Whatever and ever. Amen
Mark @ Photobucket

SimonW

I do like the river waterfall shot. The exposure gives a lovely contrast between the top waterfall and the lower one.
Simon Warren
(in Dunning, Scotland)

Graham

I thought I recognised My Mole, but mine has different coloured string!

And was taken at Brassington Moor.
                  Graham. :)
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. 

My Gallery
My Flickr Pics

Markulous

Quote from: SimonW on February 17, 2012, 09:06:40 AM
I do like the river waterfall shot. The exposure gives a lovely contrast between the top waterfall and the lower one.

Thanks!  :)

Quote from: Graham on February 17, 2012, 09:22:37 AM
  I thought I recognised My Mole, but my has different coloured string!
      And was taken at Brassington Moor.
                  Graham. :)

Yours has reproduced (and moved to Ible!)  ;)
Whatever and ever. Amen
Mark @ Photobucket

tony

My turn, I guess.
I am from A Coruna, Spain

but I moved to the UK 28 years ago, to a little place called Burgess Hill, West Sussex

Near Brighton

and close enough to London, to go to the carnival

skellum

Quote from: Dave on January 14, 2012, 08:46:50 PM
Following on from Micks ' Any new ideas ' I came up with this idea which should get you out and about taking a few shots as apposed to just looking for one for the comp.

Your home Town / Village :  Post a few shots here with a description of the area and perhaps a bit of local history. And maybe why you love or hate the place.

Thought I would give this a bump... So why not get out there, take a few shots and tell us about the place....... :legit:

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.