• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,411
  • Total Topics: 5,704
  • Online today: 137
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 140
  • Total: 140
bhphotovideo
Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning ResourcesPhotography and Time of D...

Bonfire Night in Covid Times - CHAT 1-8th Nov 2020

Started by jinky, November 01, 2020, 10:30:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jinky

Chat Thread

It has to be - Bonfire Night in Covid Times
Not sure what you`ll be doing / able to do but let`s see how Bonfire Night 2020 is being celebrated down your way. In this case a past bonfire night photo is not appropriate so for this one it`s just this years bonfire night shots - even if you`re just at home enjoying a whisky!Maybe you`re wishing a Guy Fawkes would come and sort out the current crop of politicians!
Interpret and edit how you wish.

Pictures to be taken between now and Sunday 8th November 2020
Pictures to be posted in the entries thread no later than 23:59 Monday 9th November 2020.
Poll will be up Tuesday 10th November 2020.

Winner to be announced Saturday 14th November 2020.
The Rules for the weekly competition are...

By entering you agree to take responsibility to

Post a topic on the Sunday (or sooner) following your declared win
Create an entries thread
Create a chat thread
Create a poll for that weeks comp and declare the winner on the Saturday
(if for any reason there is a problem and no subject is posted by the winner by Monday night admin will advise second place winner to post the topic asap, do the poll etc)

In case of a tie, the first entry posted wins.

Jediboy

I'll be spending Bonfire night in hospital after surgery.
I'll try and get a photo before if I can. Depends if people are having early displays.
May the Force be with you.

Chris

jinky

Quote from: Jediboy on November 02, 2020, 04:51:30 PM
I'll be spending Bonfire night in hospital after surgery.
I'll try and get a photo before if I can. Depends if people are having early displays.

Well a shot of you in hospital is probably more apt of Bonfire Night in Covid times than most! Hope all goes smoothly and you`re out asap

Jediboy

Thanks Jinky. I should be in for just one night. All being well. Just about yo have my Covid test.
May take my camera and see if I can get a photo. Good idea.

Chris

Oldboy

Quote from: Jediboy on November 03, 2020, 02:49:25 PM
Thanks Jinky. I should be in for just one night. All being well. Just about yo have my Covid test.
May take my camera and see if I can get a photo. Good idea.

Who wants to see you having a Covid test :doh:

Now, if they were inserting a thermometer up your bum then, that might be interesting!  :o :legit:

Hope everything goes well.  :tup:

Jediboy

Oh dear. Luckily it was nowhere near that!

Thanks though Oldboy. Appreciate it.

Chris

jinky

The 6th not the 5th but it was our Bonfire Night. Lucky enough to be in a childcare bubble with our grandchildren and look after them on a Friday whilst their parents work. Managed to get a bonfire night tea of sausage , beans and mash followed by a few fireworks and sparklers which Jessica`s mum and dad saw when they picked them up. No breach, no covid disappointment! I`d have liked a sharper image but it was handheld for 2 seconds!

Jediboy

I'm afraid I be entering this week. My op seems to have gone well but no chance of my doing anything with my camera at the moment. The morphine is keeping me in a little happy place but the result is that I'm no good for anything.
Hopefully I will be able to play again soon.

Chris

jinky

Just the 2 to choose from again this week. Not sure how as it really could have been any shot of what you were doing this year on Bonfire night or thereabouts due to being in covid times - even a quiet night in. i know Oldboy said displays were cancelled this year but that meant if anything even more fireworks around us as every other garden seemed to be having a display for home use!

Hinfrance

Sorry Paul, but we only have fireworks on 14 July hereabouts, and I had a lot on my mind this week.

I'll try to get something medical done for the next one.
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.