• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,411
  • Total Topics: 5,704
  • Online today: 297
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 62
  • Total: 62
Wish
Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning ResourcesPhotography and Time of D...

7dayshop sale

Started by Mick, January 04, 2012, 09:26:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mick

Quote from: Alfonso_Frisk on March 26, 2012, 01:43:55 PM

No reason at all Mick. In fact I never considered comparing the 2. I just seen the offer and sent for them.
Will look and compare next time I need some. The grandkids gadgets and them daft air fresheners seem to eat them up.

Yeah, been there and done that.  At a guess I'd say you'd save a shed load of money buying rechargeable, especially the 2900ma ones, they should last for ages with each charge.  They should pay for themselves in no time.

Quote from: ABERS on March 26, 2012, 03:46:44 PM
Remember Mr Osbourne in his infinite wisdom is about to shut the door on the VAT concession on items costing less than £15 that the Channel Islands presently enjoy. >:(

Can't do anything without paying them for it nowadays.  ::)  What next, a breathing tax perhaps.  :idea:
Thank You, "Guest" For Reading This Post.

My Gallery
Tinyportal.net Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0
Guitarist Guild Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0
The Garden Machinery Forum Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0

OpenSea

Alfonso_Frisk

Quote from: admin on March 26, 2012, 11:40:50 PM
Quote from: Alfonso_Frisk on March 26, 2012, 01:43:55 PM

No reason at all Mick. In fact I never considered comparing the 2. I just seen the offer and sent for them.
Will look and compare next time I need some. The grandkids gadgets and them daft air fresheners seem to eat them up.

Yeah, been there and done that.  At a guess I'd say you'd save a shed load of money buying rechargeable, especially the 2900ma ones, they should last for ages with each charge.  They should pay for themselves in no time.

Quote from: ABERS on March 26, 2012, 03:46:44 PM
Remember Mr Osbourne in his infinite wisdom is about to shut the door on the VAT concession on items costing less than £15 that the Channel Islands presently enjoy. >:(

Can't do anything without paying them for it nowadays.  ::)  What next, a breathing tax perhaps.  :idea:

Mick I still have a dozen rechargables for my hand held scanner and my point and squirts (also from 7day) but I found that letting the young uns put them into their odds and sods meant they would chuck em when flat rather than put them on charge, or they would "loose" them somehow in their bags, bedrooms or garden
http://www.fluidr.com/photos/nosmo_king2007
http://www.seateamimages.com/search.php
Wine improves with age, The older I get the more I like it.

Mick

Quote from: Alfonso_Frisk on March 27, 2012, 09:25:37 AM

Mick I still have a dozen rechargables for my hand held scanner and my point and squirts (also from 7day) but I found that letting the young uns put them into their odds and sods meant they would chuck em when flat rather than put them on charge, or they would "loose" them somehow in their bags, bedrooms or garden

Actually, that's a good point. I can understand why those become more attractive in those circumstances.  ;)

One thing I've also noticed is a lot of toys / games etc seem to use three batteries instead of 2 or 4, that makes charging them, and keeping them in sets very difficult.  My charger will only charge them in pairs, or fours.  I'm sure they do this on purpose to keep you buying batteries.  :knuppel2:

My Gallery

OpenSea

Graham

Quote from: admin on March 27, 2012, 09:38:24 AM

Actually, that's a good point. I can understand why those become more attractive in those circumstances.  ;)

One thing I've also noticed is a lot of toys / games etc seem to use three batteries instead of 2 or 4, that makes charging them, and keeping them in sets very difficult.  My charger will only charge them in pairs, or fours.  I'm sure they do this on purpose to keep you buying batteries.  :knuppel2:

I had a bike light which took 3 batteries and a charger that would only charge in 2's or 4's.  I bought another light so I could charge 3x2!
               Graham.   >:( :knuppel2:
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. 

My Gallery
My Flickr Pics

Mick

Oops, forgot to say, those batteries arrived in sunny ESSEX this morning.  Ordered Friday night, arrived Tuesday morning.  Not bad IMO.  :tup:

My Gallery

OpenSea

Carlj

Quote from: Graham on March 27, 2012, 12:02:29 PM
Quote from: admin on March 27, 2012, 09:38:24 AM

I had a bike light which took 3 batteries and a charger that would only charge in 2's or 4's.  I bought another light so I could charge 3x2!
               Graham.   >:( :knuppel2:

Curiously, I've just received a battery charger from them, that not only charges all variants 1 to 4, but has a "refresh" button that discharges the batteries before refills!

Mick

Quote from: Carlj on March 27, 2012, 09:32:42 PM

Curiously, I've just received a battery charger from them, that not only charges all variants 1 to 4, but has a "refresh" button that discharges the batteries before refills!

Hi Carl.  Are you saying it will charge any number of batteries up to a total of four?  one or three for example.  If so, have you a link to it please, that might be just what I need.  ;)

My Gallery

OpenSea

Graham

Quote from: admin on March 27, 2012, 09:49:41 PM
Quote from: Carlj on March 27, 2012, 09:32:42 PM

Hi Carl.  Are you saying it will charge any number of batteries up to a total of four?  one or three for example.  If so, have you a link to it please, that might be just what I need.  ;)

And me! :tup: The charger I have for my bike lights dos'nt even tell you when the batteries are charged. (I keep it at work for emergancies.)

My Gallery
My Flickr Pics

Carlj

Mick

Thanks Carl.  That might just be the answer to my situation.  Not a bad price either @ under £8.00  :tup:

My Gallery

OpenSea

Graham

My Gallery
My Flickr Pics

Mick

Quote from: Graham on March 28, 2012, 10:20:25 AM
   Orderd!  :tup:

Blimey that was quick Graham.  :o  Might have to do the same later.  ;)

My Gallery

OpenSea

Cathus

Mick, you mean you got something from 7-day shop within a week?

I get fed up with the kids nicking my rechargeables. I found two in the kitchen this morning which seem to have appeared on a no  names no pack drill basis. Every few months I buy abt 48 Panasonic normal batteries from 7-Day and the kids still use my rechargeables.

Graham

Quote from: Cathus on March 28, 2012, 11:11:44 AM

I get fed up with the kids nicking my rechargeables. I found two in the kitchen this morning which seem to have appeared on a no  names no pack drill basis. Every few months I buy abt 48 Panasonic normal batteries from 7-Day and the kids still use my rechargeables.

I would suggest cartoon levels of violence be visited about their persons....Baseball bat diplomacy, as I believe it's known.
                    Graham. :knuppel2:

My Gallery
My Flickr Pics

Mick

Quote from: Cathus on March 28, 2012, 11:11:44 AM

Garry, yes, three working days if you include Saturday, and with the standard postage.  I'm happy with that.  :tup:

My Gallery

OpenSea

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.