• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,411
  • Total Topics: 5,704
  • Online today: 297
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 246
  • Total: 246
  • Google
  • Bingbot
bhphotovideo
Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning ResourcesPhotography and Time of D...

CHAT - 'STILL LIFE - SOMETHING TO EAT' - Competition 31 July - 7 August 2016

Started by DigiDiva, July 31, 2016, 07:32:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DigiDiva

This is the CHAT thread

The ENTRY thread is here: http://cameracraniums.com/forum/index.php?topic=4663.0
This week's theme is 'Still Life - Something To Eat'  - the still life can be of anything as long as it includes at least one thing you can eat.

Pictures to be taken preferably between now and Sunday 7 August 2016, 23:59, or enter one from your Personal / Camera Cranium Archives if you prefer.
Pictures to be posted in the entries thread no later than 23:59pm Monday 8 August 2016.
Poll will be up Tuesday 9 August 2016.
Winner to be announced Saturday 13 August 2016.

The Rules for the weekly competition are...

By entering you agree to take responsibility to

Post a topic on the Sunday (or sooner) following your declared win
Create an entries thread
Create a chat thread
Create a poll for that weeks comp and declare the winner on the Saturday
(if for any reason there is a problem and no subject is posted by the winner by Monday night admin will advise second place winner to post the topic asap, do the poll etc)

In case of a tie, the first entry posted (or earliest archive shot if applicable) wins.
Please visit my website @ www.sunderlandwallart.com

Reinardina

I am no fan of still life, but as there is no restriction on dead animals this time, I may throw something together. Without grapes!

Beauty is bought by judgment of the eye.
Shakespeare. (Love's Labours Lost.)

Hinfrance

Still life in French is 'Nature Morte' - dead nature, so you can bring on the corpses and no-one will mind!
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

DigiDiva

Hope for more adventurous than the normal bowl of fruit and grapes!

Reinardina

DigiDiva

It's appealing more and more lol....dead animals and juicy fruit....can't wait to see the composition Reinardina. Go girl

Reinardina

DigiDiva

Remember the entry I did years ago of my hubby on his cycle trainer. There was a drop of sweat hanging off the end of his nose. People were disgusted by that.  Is rotten dead corpses not worse than that? Remember it needs to contain something you can eat.

jinky

Wasn`t going to bother again this week as I`m just not doing much photography just now then noticed my wife had laid out last night`s left over fruit in exactly this order on some kitchen roll and thought "There`s an idea". Been done I know but why not... Moved it onto black background and constructed a crap frame  :)

DigiDiva

A fun entry Jinky. Great stuff. I managed to avoid fruit, though I have a lovely Pear (oooerr missus) photo which I was tempted to enter.

Hinfrance

I didn't want to do a (terribly) clichéd shot, and had a couple of bits of fruit left in the bowl. I also wanted to try out the automatic focus stacking on the TG-4, and to much delight it works really well.

Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

ABERS

DigiDiva

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.