• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,414
  • Total Topics: 5,707
  • Online today: 90
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 71
  • Total: 71
wex
Microphone Arm,Aokeo AK-4...Sennheiser Profile USB Mi...Temu £100 Coupon bundle o...Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...

What annoyed you today?

Started by greypoint, August 13, 2009, 07:52:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alfonso_Frisk

WAMT?
My venture into film photography ( as I said it would in an earlier post)
My first film came back from processing and the shots were either under/over exposed or just plain rubbish. OK not an issue as its part of the learning and adjustments can be made.
Shot my second roll at 2 lovely locations and took lots of time with composition, metering etc. Was looking forward to these results and had some digi shots to use as comparisons.
Just had a telephone call from the processing lab and they tell me there is no film in the cartridge I sent them. It looks like I have overwound the film at some point and its snapped off and is still on the roller inside the camera body. :'( :'( :'(
Gutted does not describe how I feel at the moment. Maybe film and I are not suited. :(
http://www.fluidr.com/photos/nosmo_king2007
http://www.seateamimages.com/search.php
Wine improves with age, The older I get the more I like it.

spinner

Quote from: Alfonso_Frisk on October 14, 2013, 11:07:23 AM
WAMT?
My first film came back from processing and the shots were either under/over exposed or just plain rubbish. OK not an issue as its part of the learning and adjustments can be made.
Shot my second roll at 2 lovely locations and took lots of time with composition, metering etc. Was looking forward to these results and had some digi shots to use as comparisons.
Just had a telephone call from the processing lab and they tell me there is no film in the cartridge I sent them. It looks like I have overwound the film at some point and its snapped off and is still on the roller inside the camera body. :'( :'( :'(
Gutted does not describe how I feel at the moment. Maybe film and I are not suited. :(

Know the feeling Alf, picked up an old Nikon FE a couple of years ago and grabbed some rolls of Ilford  B&W to try. Somehow the film advance locked on me and I had to open the camera to release it. I tried to carefully rewind the film but wasn't careful enough. I even ordered this exractor thingie from B&H Photo in NYC never was able to snag the film. But it put me off and haven't picked up the camera since.  :(
And more, much more than this, I did it my way
Ol' blue eyes

http://ddsdigita4.wix.com/ddsdigital
https://www.flickr.com/photos/spin498/

spinner

WAMT?

Oh, did the processing place offer the photos as jpg's? The last couple of films I got processed I had them do both. You might be able to save some of the shots from the jpgs.
And more, much more than this, I did it my way
Ol' blue eyes

http://ddsdigita4.wix.com/ddsdigital
https://www.flickr.com/photos/spin498/

Alfonso_Frisk

Quote from: spinner on October 14, 2013, 04:11:28 PM
WAMT?

Oh, did the processing place offer the photos as jpg's? The last couple of films I got processed I had them do both. You might be able to save some of the shots from the jpgs.

No mate. The film was still in my my cam not in the cartridge spool I sent them. I think I snapped the film due to excessive winding on at the end of the roll.

Oldboy

Quote from: Alfonso_Frisk on October 14, 2013, 05:47:19 PM
The film was still in my my cam not in the cartridge spool I sent them. I think I snapped the film due to excessive winding on at the end of the roll.

You mean you didn't open the cartridge spool to check it was there!!!  :P

Don't give up trying the film camera, but you might need a exposure metre if you haven't got one. That's the trouble with digital, as we can check out the picture seconds after taking it and adjust the setting as required.  ???

ABERS

Quote from: spinner on October 09, 2013, 02:49:20 AM
Today, yesterday, everyday for the last little while. Insomnia. I wake every morning between 2:20 am and 4:30 am and can't get back to sleep. Then about 10 Just as I'm making plans for the day, I fade out. Sometimes I'll sleep well into the afternoon. It's ruined a lot of plans.  :'(

Found the cure ! Thanks to Howard's brief for 'Water Drops' and his steer to a You Tube video on the subject. If you can't sleep just watch this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AEc4rubMPv0.

It's apparently 5-6 minutes long, I've never got to the end of it yet. 

Can you imagine bumping into this bloke down the pub and letting slip you're interested in photography.  :uglystupid2: :legit:

Hinfrance

I got to 2:40 and began to lose the will to carry on. I admit, I didn't watch more than 20 seconds of it before I added the link,

Still, glad to be able to help with the sleeping problems :tup:
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

jinky

I`d like to have watched a full hour long water drop session he talks of doing  ;) - see I lasted 4 minutes!

ABERS

The shortest hotel break ever, about 15 minutes.

Arrived at the hotel, and whilst registering at reception I said I'd like to book a table at 7.30 for dinner, only to be told that they wouldn't be serving dinner this week and we'd have to go out to local restaurants to eat as the kitchen had some plumbing problems. Breakfast would be of the Continental kind.

Only yesterday I had received an email saying how they were looking forward to seeing us at their wonderful newly refurbished boutique hotel, and enjoy their fine dining experience and sample their delicious hearty English breakfast sourced from local suppliers. I must admit at the time I was somewhat impressed with this.

After I'd dragged my wife off the miserable hand wringing Uriah Heep type manager, and we had declined his offer of a cup of tea to 'talk things over', we pointed out that he was going to be some £650 pounds plus a drinks bill that always makes me blink, out of pocket, and that he would be getting a bill for 300 miles of petrol money for a wasted round trip.

Trip Advisor here we come!  >:(

Oldboy

Quote from: ABERS on October 22, 2013, 10:45:44 PM
After I'd dragged my wife off the miserable hand wringing Uriah Heep type manager, and we had declined his offer of a cup of tea to 'talk things over', we pointed out that he was going to be some £650 pounds plus a drinks bill that always makes me blink, out of pocket, and that he would be getting a bill for 300 miles of petrol money for a wasted round trip.

Doesn't sound good.  :'(

Hinfrance

That's dreadful Alan. If they couldn't provide their service they should have cancelled your reservation.

On the other hand, maybe you could have managed the situation in the direction of  a free meal at a local bistro with taxi there and back, and settled for a croissant for breakfast?

But it sounds like (Uriah Heap) it wouldn't have quite worked out like that.
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

ABERS

Our idea of a holiday is to rise just in time for breakfast which consists of something that we usually don't have at home. Spend the day out and about returning late afternoon, a quick nap, going down for dinner with plenty of time for a few drinks beforehand and then a leisurely meal. This muppet didn't seem to realise that upping sticks to eat out in the locality reduced his 'wonderful boutique' hotel to a highly priced B&B, which he took umbrage at when I suggested it. :uglystupid2:

Jediboy

I'm very annoyed by all the errors with my new kitchen;

Wrong doors,
Doors too small,
Wrong handles,
No plinth,
No lights.
Wrong splash back,
Wrong extractor.

How can they get so much so wrong??

>:(
May the Force be with you.

Chris

jinky

Quote from: ABERS on October 22, 2013, 10:45:44 PM
The shortest hotel break ever, about 15 minutes.

Arrived at the hotel, and whilst registering at reception I said I'd like to book a table at 7.30 for dinner, only to be told that they wouldn't be serving dinner this week and we'd have to go out to local restaurants to eat as the kitchen had some plumbing problems. Breakfast would be of the Continental kind.

Only yesterday I had received an email saying how they were looking forward to seeing us at their wonderful newly refurbished boutique hotel, and enjoy their fine dining experience and sample their delicious hearty English breakfast sourced from local suppliers. I must admit at the time I was somewhat impressed with this.

Give em both barrels Alan. Shocking treatment. Not sure you`ll get the petrol reimbursed though. At times like that I resort to Trip Advisor and their facebook business page. It`s amazing how quickly they respond when you tell them ( and everyone else) how it is from the customer perspective.

Alfonso_Frisk

Quote from: ABERS on October 23, 2013, 09:03:21 AM
Our idea of a holiday is to rise just in time for breakfast which consists of something that we usually don't have at home. Spend the day out and about returning late afternoon, a quick nap, going down for dinner with plenty of time for a few drinks beforehand and then a leisurely meal. This muppet didn't seem to realise that upping sticks to eat out in the locality reduced his 'wonderful boutique' hotel to a highly priced B&B, which he took umbrage at when I suggested it. :uglystupid2:
Name and shame time please.

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.