• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,414
  • Total Topics: 5,707
  • Online today: 98
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 74
  • Total: 74
millets
Microphone Arm,Aokeo AK-4...Sennheiser Profile USB Mi...Temu £100 Coupon bundle o...Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...

What made you feel good today

Started by greypoint, August 13, 2009, 10:26:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oldboy

Quote from: ABERS on September 09, 2012, 02:50:57 PM
On the tube home a French couple asked if I was British, and then congratulated GB on the wonderful Olympic and Paralympic events over the past three weeks.  :tup:

French! Aren't they the ones who accused us of cheating in both events!  :o

ABERS

Not feel good really but pleasantly at one with the world.

I read the obituary of an old photographic friend that fitted him perfectly. Roy King was a great influence on my photographic early years. He could find a meaningful picture where many would struggle to see anything.

Most of all his modesty and generous helpfulness epitomised a kind and gentle man.

You can see his work by going to

http://www.arenaphotographers.com/viewMemberProfile.php?memberID=37

Thanks Roy.

Karen

:) Hiya. I love being back here thats what made me feel good today

Karen

eing out with my lovely daughter and grandson and camera

jinky

Got a chance to shoot some of the Leeds based Paralympians returning home today. Did it for an advertising magazine I shoot for in return for free advertising - give them the odd filed shot and occasionally do a one hour shoot if I fancy it. Press pass back stage today allowed me to meet these guys and it was brilliant. Such a modest group of superstars who could not believe all the hype and fuss. Really interesting talking to them about the team spirit and their fear of everything going flast now. There was Hannah Cockcroft who won a sprint double in the 100 and 200 meters - winning by miles. Claire Cashmore who got 2silvers and a bronze in 6 swimming events and David Stone MBE who won a gold and bronze in cycling. The other poor guy didn`t win a medal but was robbed of silver in the weightlifting. Judges diallowed 2 lifts that the appeal jury said were good and had him lift again - when he did he did not quite make it third time so lost his silver medal to come 4th. You can see some of the pics here on my blog if interested:

http://photographybypauldishman.blogspot.co.uk/

Graham

Quote from: jinky on September 13, 2012, 05:59:03 PM
Got a chance to shoot some of the Leeds based Paralympians returning home today. Did it for an advertising magazine I shoot for in return for free advertising - give them the odd filed shot and occasionally do a one hour shoot if I fancy it. Press pass back stage today allowed me to meet these guys and it was brilliant. Such a modest group of superstars who could not believe all the hype and fuss. Really interesting talking to them about the team spirit and their fear of everything going flast now. There was Hannah Cockcroft who won a sprint double in the 100 and 200 meters - winning by miles. Claire Cashmore who got 2silvers and a bronze in 6 swimming events and David Stone MBE who won a gold and bronze in cycling. The other poor guy didn`t win a medal but was robbed of silver in the weightlifting. Judges diallowed 2 lifts that the appeal jury said were good and had him lift again - when he did he did not quite make it third time so lost his silver medal to come 4th. You can see some of the pics here on my blog if interested:

http://photographybypauldishman.blogspot.co.uk/

You see, you pick up a camera, you never know where it's going to take you. Great set of pics and well done.
                      Graham.  :tup:
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. 

My Gallery
My Flickr Pics

Karen

Coffee and a natter with a good friend...can't beat it

jinky

Cheers Graham. Yes I love it when I get the chance to do something different. Got a load more of the event to drop off to the magazine tomorrow so should be good for another few months free advertising. :)

Oldboy

Quote from: jinky on September 13, 2012, 10:21:10 PM
Cheers Graham. Yes I love it when I get the chance to do something different. Got a load more of the event to drop off to the magazine tomorrow so should be good for another few months free advertising. :)

Well done jinky. They made us all feel proud.  :tup:

ABERS

Nice set of pics Paul. These guys and gals are, winners or non winners, are to be greatly admired.

Matthew

Logged into my email account to view/save the monthly rota my boss sends me to see what I am going to be doing for the next 4 weeks and saw that during "week 2" I am off for that whole week........I forgot I'd booked that off....so that's what made me feel good, the fact I didn't realise I was off, but I am.....happy days!  :dance: :beer:
Never argue with a stupid person, they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Reinardina

Forgetting something like that! I find that a bit worrying, Matthew!

Beauty is bought by judgment of the eye.
Shakespeare. (Love's Labours Lost.)

Oldboy

Quote from: highlandscenics on September 14, 2012, 11:20:50 PM
Logged into my email account to view/save the monthly rota my boss sends me to see what I am going to be doing for the next 4 weeks and saw that during "week 2" I am off for that whole week........I forgot I'd booked that off....so that's what made me feel good, the fact I didn't realise I was off, but I am.....happy days!  :dance: :beer:

How can you have holidays when the country is in a mess?  :P :2funny: :2funny:

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.