• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,414
  • Total Topics: 5,707
  • Online today: 98
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 66
  • Total: 66
If you would like to make a donation to help with the running costs of the site, then a donation button has been added to the bottom of the page.  Thanks.
Microphone Arm,Aokeo AK-4...Sennheiser Profile USB Mi...Temu £100 Coupon bundle o...Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...

What made you feel good today

Started by greypoint, August 13, 2009, 10:26:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

krennon

thanks all really hope it works out
http://www.flickr.com/photos/keithfransella/

"Everything in moderation including moderation" Oscar Wilde

Oldboy

jinky

Yes good luck Krennon - hope it goes well for you  ;)

Cathus

Hot on the heels of a recent payment, I went out & bought a - sharp intake of breath - Compact.

I thought it might be handy to keep with me all the times to cover all those moments when I wish I had my camera with me, such as sunrises coming off a night shift on the way home.

Ended up with a Panasonic Lumix DMC-TZ18. Battery is charging as i type.

Hinfrance

Good for you - I'm thinking about acquiring a replacement for my antique Fuji E900. I'm humming and arhing about going for something with a bit of quality and sturdiness or a G12 . .

Seriously, either a 'travel zoom' or a Lumix LX5 or Olympus XZ-1. Just can't decide, so I'm paralysed into inaction. I've saved up and everything :)
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

Graham

Must be somthing in the air!
  I just decided that the good lady wife needs a new camera.
  I'm rather smitten with that Olympus XZ1 as well, had a quick play in the local Jacobs, very tempted. And, as you know, I can resist anything except temptation.
                         Graham. ::)
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. 

My Gallery
My Flickr Pics

bones615

Quote from: Cathus on June 23, 2011, 01:33:32 PM
Hot on the heels of a recent payment, I went out & bought a - sharp intake of breath - Compact.

I thought it might be handy to keep with me all the times to cover all those moments when I wish I had my camera with me, such as sunrises coming off a night shift on the way home.

Ended up with a Panasonic Lumix DMC-TZ18. Battery is charging as i type.

Not long got one of these myself with my long service award mainly to take abroad soon, zoom is impressive but my worries about it taking over from from the dslr are totally unfounded. I am sure it will be great for holiday snaps though.

Simon

Graham

I appear to have accidently bought an Olympus xz-1!
                    Graham. :dance: :legit:
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. 

My Gallery
My Flickr Pics

Hinfrance

I look forward to seeing your accidental impressions of said device in the near future - might help me to make my mind up one way or the other.
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

Oldboy

I did look at some compacts in Jessops on Thursday, but after using a D3 even a D200 feels too small in my hands.  :P

Hinfrance

Quote from: Oldboy on June 25, 2011, 09:41:05 AM
I did look at some compacts in Jessops on Thursday, but after using a D3 even a D200 feels too small in my hands.  :P

Now you're getting the idea - small, that's the ticket ;)
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr

jinky

I cannot remember the last I used my compact. I keep charging it up to use for that balloon flight I am still waiting for! 6th attempt to fly next week over York.

WMMFGT - just had delivered a copy of North Leeds Life - a glossy advertising mag that goes to 30,000 homes in Leeds. 4 of my shots were used in it with full crdit and links to my website and they looked pretty good and nicely printed.
It`s that deal I agreed with the advertisers to supply a few of my library pictures and shoot the odd event for them with a fee if needbe. Hoping to get a free advert run when I have proved my value a little more with them.

Beaux Reflets

Quote from: jinky on June 25, 2011, 01:16:53 PM
I cannot remember the last I used my compact. I keep charging it up to use for that balloon flight I am still waiting for! 6th attempt to fly next week over York.

WMMFGT - just had delivered a copy of North Leeds Life - a glossy advertising mag that goes to 30,000 homes in Leeds. 4 of my shots were used in it with full crdit and links to my website and they looked pretty good and nicely printed.
It`s that deal I agreed with the advertisers to supply a few of my library pictures and shoot the odd event for them with a fee if needbe. Hoping to get a free advert run when I have proved my value a little more with them.

Now that sounds as though it will be fruitful, better than facebook I well imagine - congrats-  :beer:
:beer: Andy

"Light anchors things in place and gives perspective meaning."

The choices we make are rooted in reflection.

http://beauxreflets.blogspot.com/

Oldboy

ABERS

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.