• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,414
  • Total Topics: 5,707
  • Online today: 98
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 58
  • Total: 58
  • Baidu
bhphotovideo
Microphone Arm,Aokeo AK-4...Sennheiser Profile USB Mi...Temu £100 Coupon bundle o...Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...

What made you feel good today

Started by greypoint, August 13, 2009, 10:26:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Beryl

What made me feel good wa a Goldfinch posing for me and sining away happily :)

Thank you all for reading my post
A true friend is the best possession

My Web site
http://berylladd.com/
Oh . And thanks for looking in

skellum

WMMFGT    Well it was a e.mail.    A few weeks ago I was asked to photography a supprise leaving party for a University Lecturer . The party was to be loosely based on " This is your Life " after his initial supprise on entering the function room. The pictures of the event to be printed in a photo album book to be presented to him on his leaving day.

Not a problem you might think but nearly all the guests were deaf students he had taught over the years and the organisers who were also deaf, wanted group pictures of each year or group plus candid pictures covering the event.

There was a BSL interpeter there but she kept getting involved elsewhere which made my job a nightmare. Try signalling to someone deaf to move slightly forwards or sideways in a group and they all move. I know zero BSL ( British Sign Language ) which to be honest made me feel quite embarrassed. My wife arrived on the scene after about an hour to help me organise people into the groups which was a great help.

Anyway  WMMFGT  was the e.mail sent out by the organiser which i have attached below.  Here is a link to the book    https://as.photoprintit.de/web/84012611/showPublishedPhotoBook.do?ehash=bc27f02d27b344386ae0dbdb39074ef2&skipSessionTimeout

Just glad everyone was pleased with the end result.

Hello Dave,

Thank you, Dave for setting up this link and opportunity for everyone to see where their contribution has gone toward Mark's Photo Book. Which I will send email launch to everyone and colleagues and friends will forward to others too.

I would like to thank you to everyone for making this possible to give Mark's Leaving Party Memorable Photo Book to treasure it.  Believe me, everyone, when Mark open the photo book, was very touch by it and was well worth it, the money spent!   As for invoice's evidence, for where your contribution went to,  please see attached  (with respect, I have not included Mark's name in this email), please keep between ourselves, thank you.

You will love it, everyone, when you see the virtual photo book, as if actually flicking through the actual book Mark's photo memorable album.  So please, click on to the website, you can see at the bottom centre of Dave's website:  ' Mark Heaton's Leaving Party ' and if you wish to purchase any photo's, please contact directly to Dave, contact details is below.

So have memorable trip down the lane, looking in this virtual book and remember only open for a month!

So click on, everyone and enjoy looking through it!

Best Regards

Nicola

=============================================

Nicola Nunn
Senior Lecturer in Deaf Studies
Course Leader: Graduate Diploma in BSL and Communication
University of Central Lancashire
School of  Education & Social Science
Livesey House
Preston
PR1 2HE

>>> Lanc's photography <bonearo@skellum.fsnet.co.uk> 11/04/2011 17:37 >>>
Hello Nicola,

I have set up a link to Marks book on the front page of my website www.lancashirephotography.com look under the Easter Special Offer. I will leave it there for about a month.

Regards, Dave

www.lancashirephotography.com

Tel : 07887 883123 mobile
   or 01772 435262

e.mail : dave@lancashirephotography.com

Oldboy

Well done Dave. It looks like all had a great time, and I'm sure will bring a lump to his throat as he looks at it in later years.  :tup:

Jonathan

I kind of knew this but it was nice to get it confirmed.....

Needed some nice prints fast yesterday to I went into Bayeux, begged a favour and paid them a barrel load of money.  We put 1 of my snaps up on a 30 inch screen under controlled light for one of their highly trained techs to edit for me.  "Do we need to worry about that noise in the background?"  Nah, it will print fine.  D3 (not S) ISO 3,200 FTW. 30 mins later their CSI Lightjet (really, it's called that) confirmed we were right :)
It's Guest's round

hevans

Quote from: Jonathan on April 14, 2011, 07:51:53 AM

Needed some nice prints fast yesterday to I went into Bayeux, begged a favour and paid them a barrel load of money.  We put 1 of my snaps up on a 30 inch screen under controlled light for one of their highly trained techs to edit for me.  "Do we need to worry about that noise in the background?"  Nah, it will print fine.  D3 (not S) ISO 3,200 FTW. 30 mins later their CSI Lightjet (really, it's called that) confirmed we were right :)

I'm reading between the lines that this was a moderately better level of service than you enjoyed with a high street camera shop the other day?  ;)

H.

Jonathan

Quote from: hevans on April 14, 2011, 08:38:51 AM
Quote from: Jonathan on April 14, 2011, 07:51:53 AM

I'm reading between the lines that this was a moderately better level of service than you enjoyed with a high street camera shop the other day?  ;)

H.

Somewhat ;)

To be fair, they are eye wateringly expensive.
It's Guest's round

Oldboy

Quote from: Jonathan on April 14, 2011, 09:47:30 AM

At least they checked the image before printing, not just printed and hoped for the best.  :tup:

Jonathan

Quote from: Oldboy on April 14, 2011, 09:55:37 AM
At least they checked the image before printing, not just printed and hoped for the best.  :tup:

Yes and no.  I paid the extra to sit with a tech and have everything done perfectly.  His 30 inch cinema display is calibrated exactly to the machine.

Otherwise, they would have printed whatever I gave them.
It's Guest's round

Oldboy

Quote from: Jonathan on April 14, 2011, 12:05:20 PM
Quote from: Oldboy on April 14, 2011, 09:55:37 AM

Yes and no.  I paid the extra to sit with a tech and have everything done perfectly.  His 30 inch cinema display is calibrated exactly to the machine.

Otherwise, they would have printed whatever I gave them.

That doesn't sound good.  ???

When I worked for a bank, we did inhouse printing on a commerical colour laser printer, any problems with the images, then we would phone the client before printing and inform them, and/or send them a proof print to show what we meant. We only did the full print after they cleared it.  ;D

Jonathan

Um OK.  That's not how high end labs work.  How do they know what's "right"?  It's what I give them.

I'd rather pay for processing when I need it rather than all the time.
It's Guest's round

hevans

Quote from: Jonathan on April 14, 2011, 09:47:30 AM

I think you mean "reassuringly" expensive.  ;)

Just Dave

WMMFGT

Alex from another forum gave me a set of Courtnay 2500, 2 head studio lighting kit, well chuffed with them  :dance: :dance: :dance:

Courtnay 2 Head Studio Lighting Kit by Just Daves Photos, on Flickr

Dave
Visit Our Website Clicky Linky My Flickr Clicky Linky Scrap Cars Buyer scrapcarsbuyer.co.uk

skellum

Nice day here in the North West. I have a Family Portrait to shoot in their garden then I am of to Wast Water for sunset and dawn shots..  Might find a road shot up there for the comp.  :legit:

Graham

Just had a great day out in Birmingham. (Yes it can be done.)
    There's quite a lot of building development going on, but it all seems to be being done tastfully and with a bit of foward thinking.
    Walked 6 and a bit miles along the canal, which in it's self is a fantastic development.
    Also, the locals don't seem to mind when you laugh out loud at their frankly bizzar accents! (Sorry Oldboy).
    My judgment may be impared my the fact that it was a glorious day. (I went once when it was wet and miserable and thought it was a dump!)
    I sugest that if you get the chance, go and have a look around. It's really not as some would have you believe.
                        Graham. :tup:

Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. 

My Gallery
My Flickr Pics

Jonathan

Quote from: Just Dave on April 17, 2011, 07:48:21 AM
WMMFGT

Alex from another forum gave me a set of Courtnay 2500, 2 head studio lighting kit, well chuffed with them  :dance: :dance: :dance:

Ooo nice.  My first lights were Courtnays :)

WMMFGT?  Yesterday but I've been recovering.  Fantastic shoot among the bluebells.  I really love bluebell woods.  Ideally I'd hit them at dawn for the smell.  But the rest of the team were all asleep then :(

http://peoplebyryan.com/photoblog/among-the-bluebells - check out the video at the bottom to see how many bluebells there were....
It's Guest's round

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.