• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,414
  • Total Topics: 5,707
  • Online today: 98
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 72
  • Total: 72
  • Google
bhphotovideo
Microphone Arm,Aokeo AK-4...Sennheiser Profile USB Mi...Temu £100 Coupon bundle o...Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...

What made you feel good today

Started by greypoint, August 13, 2009, 10:26:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

picsfor

Congrats Jinky. The confidence gained by a win always powers you on to the next challenge. Look forward to your next win.

hevans

Well done Jinky! Was the B&W on the page http://inframe.nikoncompetition.co.uk/images/enthusiast.jpg yours? Excellent shot, well deserving of the 100 quid.

H.

jinky

Thanks all. Yes that`s the one hevans. One of a series I took in our local park on a magical day of mist, snow and sledge action. I actually preferred another one but as this months theme is winter scenes maybe I`ll try my luck again with that one and a couple of others I`ve got. I cannot actually find a link to the newsletter and don`t get it. Somehow I had found the competition and entered it for first time. Strange thing is I only found out by looking at the page for next theme thinking I`d not got anywhere. No email or anything and something within the terms about paying within 28 days of claim so a prompt letter sent off this morning - no drinks yet then H ;)

I miss that snow! So grey and damp and lifeless again here in Leeds :(

Oldboy

Quote from: jinky on January 27, 2010, 10:51:13 AM

I miss that snow! So grey and damp and lifeless again here in Leeds :(

Don't worry, it's on it's way again!  :tup:

Forseti

WMMFGT. At 12:08 on the 27th I ordered a new lens from WEX cameras (Germany) although all stock is delivered from their mother company warehouseexpress (England). At 12:54 I received an email advising that the lens was now in the GLS (delivery service) system and gave me a tracking number. At 23:59 the lens left the GLS UK depot arriving at the north German depot at 19:16 the following day (28th). On the 29th (today) at 06:19 it subsequently arrived at the GLS depot covering southern Germany and was delivered to me at 16:15 - some 20 minutes ago. Now that is what I call service. What's more it was only standard delivery with a charge of €4.74 (£4.10 approx). Now to unpack it.  :tup:
Canon 7D,  Canon SX1 IS, EF100 f/2.8 USM Macro, EF70-200 f/4 L IS USM, EF17-40 f/4 L USM, Sigma 50mm f/1.4 EX DG HSM, Canon Speedlite 580EX MkII

"Everyone can take a great picture with digital, the knack is to take two" - David Bailey

picsfor

Blimey - that's some what impressive.
If only Eurocracts would work that quickly!  :tup:

It's good to hear of good service. I have used WEX and received similar service. Ordered my 100mm f2.8 macro from tem when every one else was out of stock.
A quick phone - yes in stock, payment given and at 13:00 the next day it was at my door.
Oh - and i should say the phone call took place around 16:15! :tup:

anglefire

I now have a 37" photoframe!!

I've finally got my Qnap NAS server setup with suitably sized photos served via DNLA and Twonkymedia to my new Tv over 200Mbs homeplugs!

Now that's Cool!
----------------------------------
Mark
* A HISTORY OF THE UNIVERSE - THE SHORT STORY* 'Hydrogen is a light, odourless gas, which, given enough time, turns into people.'

CPS Gold Member
My Website

Current Bodies:
Canon 1Dx
Canon R3
Canon R5

Sold Bodies:
Canon 350D
Canon 1DMk3
Canon 5D
Canon 1Dx Mk3

spinner

It took me about 5 hrs. but I finally got my wireless card running in UBUNTU 9.10 ;D
And more, much more than this, I did it my way
Ol' blue eyes

http://ddsdigita4.wix.com/ddsdigital
https://www.flickr.com/photos/spin498/

Hinfrance

I'm sticking with 9.04 for the time being. That seems to work everso well.
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

spinner

Quote from: Tringle WP on February 01, 2010, 09:41:37 AM
I'm sticking with 9.04 for the time being. That seems to work everso well.

From what I was reading I gather the wireless card issue goes back to at least 8.04. In my case it had to do with my card being a Belkin, but of course it's actually a rebranded Realtek. Once I found and installed the Realtek drivers it worked. This was one instance when being old was a plus, insofar as I had to play around in Terminal with command lines. I was amazed stuff came back to me as easy as it did.
Ol' blue eyes

Hinfrance

Since no one seems to have felt good about anything for a while, I thought I would.

In the post today was a small package from China. eBay, obviously. It was one of THESE.

I'd been looking the Katz Eye product list for a split focusing screen as well as Pentax, but they all seemed a bit dear. Being used to split focusing screens from film days I feel more comfortable with one than with these new fangled clear except for composition marker screens. For less than £15 I thought I'd take a punt.

What the postman brought me today is amazing value for money, works perfectly, and installing it in the K10D gave me the excuse to clear out the inside of the viewfinder which was pretty grim. The kit has metal and plastic tweezers, latex finger bobs and of course the screen itself.

I'm just ordering another one for my K20D.  :)
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

Jonathan

Just thawing out from a very tough shoot.

Couple of models, another photographer (who had set it all up - not entirely sure how I got invited) and a make up artist.

Yesterday would have been absolutely perfect for it - beautiful skies, fluffy cloud, lots of directional light, cold but gorgeous.  Right now would also have been pretty good.  It's really nice here ATM.  With so many people involved there was a shooting schedule and we just had to go for it.  At 11:30 we were shooting even though it was chucking it down, bitterly cold and people were dealing drugs (yes, really) 20 yards away.

Which all sounds like a "what annoyed me today".  So what made me feel good?

The pictures.... :)

Some days everything is worth it.

Flickr says go here.

Oh and got home to see the final PDF of next month's AKW featuring Tania, Phil and a car called Delilah.... :)

It's Guest's round

spinner

Found a place, in Utah of all places, that converts old KM 5d's and 7d's to I.R. I emailed them about what I'd done to mine and they say that it can still be converted.  ;)
Ol' blue eyes

Oldboy

Quote from: Jonathan on February 16, 2010, 05:07:24 PM

At 11:30 we were shooting even though it was chucking it down, bitterly cold and people were dealing drugs (yes, really) 20 yards away.

At least the shoot didn't go to pot!  :2funny:

Cracking shot and great use of the reflections. Well done on the wedding cover as well.  ;D

Simple

Nice one Jonathan.
It has IMO a lot of a Joe McNally style to it.
Love the balance of the veil with the bridge in the reflection.

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.