• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,411
  • Total Topics: 5,704
  • Online today: 254
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 258
  • Total: 258
7ds
Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning ResourcesPhotography and Time of D...

Are we in the wrong job?

Started by Oldboy, July 23, 2015, 12:16:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oldboy

The BBC hired one of the world's most expensive photographers to take portraits of its staff - even as bosses were complaining to MPs that it could not face any more cuts.
Rankin, who charges upwards of £20,000 a day, was booked for a photo-shoot with Yalda Hakim, a presenter on BBC World News, as part of a marketing campaign designed to boost the BBC brand overseas.   :o

Graham

They really don't help themselves do they!   :uglystupid2:
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. 

My Gallery
My Flickr Pics

jinky

They should have called me and I`d have knocked 10% off that daily rate and brought my own sandwiches for lunch  ;)

Reinardina

Right job, just a lack of PR skills.

Beauty is bought by judgment of the eye.
Shakespeare. (Love's Labours Lost.)

StephenBatey

I'm sure that the BBC are perfectly correct. This sort of thing is absolutely essential to the BBC's very existence. They are there to market their brand and adequately service their staff. Production of TV programs (or even ones for the wireless) isn't their main raison d'etre, it comes in at number three behind their web site designed and intended to be the first port of call of anyone wanting to see the news.

If cuts are made, the first to go will be the minority interest programs ("minority" carrying its usual meaning of "not lowest common denominator mass market").
Both income tax and lockdowns were introduced as temporary measures by the government.

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.