• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,411
  • Total Topics: 5,704
  • Online today: 297
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 1
  • Guests: 96
  • Total: 97
  • Mick
photobox
Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning ResourcesPhotography and Time of D...

CHAT- 'SCAPE-Weekly Comp 19-26 April

Started by Hinfrance, April 19, 2015, 11:14:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hinfrance

'SCAPE

CHAT THREAD:

ENTRIES THREAD IS HERE

This week's challenge has been set by DD, now either in mid air or already at a local bar on her holidays.

Setting a broad theme so that everyone can join in, this week's theme is 'SCAPE. That's a land/sea/city scape of any kind from any time of the day, and using whatever techniques you care to. The idea is that your image would be an ideal choice to hang on your wall. Good luck everyone, happy snapping.

Obviously, no restrictions on PP (or using drones for that matter :) )

Weekly competition - Sunday19th April - Sunday 26th April 2015

Pictures to be taken between the times above,
Pictures to be posted in the entries thread no later than 23.59pm Monday 27th April 2015.
Poll will be up Tuesday 28th April 2015
Winner to be announced Saturday 2nd May 2015

The Rules for the weekly competition are...

By entering you agree to take responsibility to
Post a topic on, or before the Sunday following your declared win
Create an entries thread
Create a chat thread
Create a poll for that weeks comp and declare the winner on the Saturday
(if for any reason there is a problem and no subject is posted by the winner by Monday night admin will advise second place winner to post the topic asap, do the poll etc.)
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

Reinardina

Beauty is bought by judgment of the eye.
Shakespeare. (Love's Labours Lost.)

Hinfrance

Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

Reinardina

Oldboy

I wish you would stop droning on about it!  :P

spikeyjen

OK so I'm on the way to Yosemite, If I can't find a picture there I may as well give my camera away

DigiDiva

Not wall art in MY sense of wall art. Just a nice scenic shot that would look great hung in an office, a house, on a restaurant wall, doctors surgery, a gallery even. Views from my little canarian house are lovely but there's stuff like walls and trees to stop me getting a shot. But I have trips planned. And WiFi!
Please visit my website @ www.sunderlandwallart.com

Hinfrance

Quote from: spikeyjen on April 19, 2015, 11:44:30 PM
OK so I'm on the way to Yosemite, If I can't find a picture there I may as well give my camera away

Can I have it, if it comes to that?  :legit:
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr

Jediboy

I'd love to go there. Looks amazing.
Have a great time.
May the Force be with you.

Chris

jinky

I`m in (for now) with Deconstructed Landscape.

Having gone out with my big stopper the clouds were nowhere just blue skies so i thought I`d try a deconstructed landscape pulling out the elements that make up the whole. better than the run of the mill first effort I did - maybe ;)

Reinardina

Good idea! It sure is different.

I wonder if Chris has managed to get some spectacular Lanzarote landscapes, and Jen some Yosemite ones.

DigiDiva

I have one up my sleeve and 2 pending.
Please visit my website @ www.sunderlandwallart.com

spikeyjen

Quote from: Hinfrance on April 20, 2015, 12:51:11 PM

Can I have it, if it comes to that?  :legit:

Fortunately I don't have to give it away. Have had an amazing 3 days in Yosemite, beautiful mornings and rainy afternoons. Just have to plough through 2,500 images to choose 1 to submit :2funny:

Hinfrance

Dang!

It looks like there won't be an entry from me this week. Rain, fog, mist and more rain. I don't have a town or city on hand, so it would have to have been a landscape. But I can't see the gates at the end of the drive at the moment.
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr

Hinfrance

There was a break in the frain this afternoon, so I went for it:

The first is a 3 stop HDR, hand held, created inside the new Lightroom, and the second is a 4 shot hand held panorama assembly, also done with the new version of Lightroom. The processes are fast and look pretty effective to me.

I won't be entering either of them, posted so you can look at the new LR features in action.
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.