• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,414
  • Total Topics: 5,707
  • Online today: 85
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 74
  • Total: 74
wex
Microphone Arm,Aokeo AK-4...Sennheiser Profile USB Mi...Temu £100 Coupon bundle o...Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...

Bathroom Art Advice

Started by DigiDiva, February 28, 2015, 10:14:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DigiDiva

Those are really great Old boy!
Please visit my website @ www.sunderlandwallart.com

Oldboy

Quote from: DigiDiva on March 01, 2015, 10:20:43 PM
Those are really great Old boy!

I thought you might like them.  :tup:

They used to appear in the old Punch magazines so that's how I know about them.  ;D

DigiDiva

I still like my sepia victorian erotica..........might have to alternate!

Oldboy

Quote from: DigiDiva on March 01, 2015, 11:05:47 PM
I still like my sepia victorian erotica..........might have to alternate!

Yes, you can still have your erotica but with a soap theme.  8)

Beaux Reflets

Quote from: Oldboy on March 01, 2015, 08:48:46 PM
Quote from: Beaux Reflets on March 01, 2015, 04:11:42 PM
Nothing ventured....as they say.... and more exciting than a photograph of a bar of Soap from that era  ;D

The Pear's soap adverts of the time are wonderful and full of humour. http://search.aol.co.uk/aol/image?page=4&v_t=na&q=pears+soap+old+adverts&oreq=843cc5d537e6425c9406c9d43a5da266   ;D

DD must be fully armed now with ideas buzzing around - Packaging and adverts for soap in those days were delightful - Are those Golden translucent Amber bars of soap still in the shops?

When the jobs done, you will have to upload a shot of your bathroom Chris  :tup: 
:beer: Andy

"Light anchors things in place and gives perspective meaning."

The choices we make are rooted in reflection.

http://beauxreflets.blogspot.com/

oggalily

Hey DD, here's my view.  You're a great photographer with a fun idea and you have a wall art website.  You'd be selling yourself short if you deny yourself the opportunity of making a project of it.  You don't really need a studio - I'm sure you can mock something up at home, particularly if you are taking tightly cropped shots - and you can find a model on Model Mayhem, Purple Port or other social media sites (or even in the mirror if you dare, will make for interesting dinner party conversation when your guests use the loo).  You might even get a model to work for free in exchange for edited shots.  I have done this several times and can give you tips if you need.  And assuming it all works out, you can sell the prints on your site.    Everybody wins.

Reinardina

If you sell the pictures, you'd better get a model release form, I think. Just in case.

Beauty is bought by judgment of the eye.
Shakespeare. (Love's Labours Lost.)

Oldboy

Quote from: Beaux Reflets on March 02, 2015, 09:52:29 AM
Are those Golden translucent Amber bars of soap still in the shops?

Here you go.  :D  http://www.pearsinternational.com/   :tup:

jinky

Quote from: oggalily on March 02, 2015, 04:05:19 PM
Hey DD, here's my view.  You're a great photographer with a fun idea and you have a wall art website.  You'd be selling yourself short if you deny yourself the opportunity of making a project of it.  You don't really need a studio - I'm sure you can mock something up at home, particularly if you are taking tightly cropped shots - and you can find a model on Model Mayhem, Purple Port or other social media sites (or even in the mirror if you dare, will make for interesting dinner party conversation when your guests use the loo).  You might even get a model to work for free in exchange for edited shots.  I have done this several times and can give you tips if you need.  And assuming it all works out, you can sell the prints on your site.    Everybody wins.

Bang on Ogga. As R says too - I`m sure any model would ask anyway - get a release form signed too. I`ve managed to get free models and even free studio / space by just talking to the right people / using the right sites. Go wit what you wanted to do. You can join MM - do a casting call stating what you are after having first sussed out how / where you want to do it. Any bathroom stores locally - small independents? They might give you space in return for a few product shots for them. I got free use of a favourite venue in Leeds just asking for a trade and they didn`t even ask for a lot of shots in return.

oggalily

As for the release, I use an app called EasyRelease (I have an iPhone, not sure about Android).  It really is easy, just fill in a few fields and they can sign with their finger.

DigiDiva

I don't trust my photo skills enough in a studio environment.......... Hmmmmmmm lots to think about

Oldboy

Quote from: DigiDiva on March 02, 2015, 06:50:26 PM
I don't trust my photo skills enough in a studio environment.......... Hmmmmmmm lots to think about

Be brave and just go for it! It's only by trying that we learn. You have the eye and the rest is easier that you think.  :tup:

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.