• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,414
  • Total Topics: 5,707
  • Online today: 104
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 101
  • Total: 101
bhphotovideo
Microphone Arm,Aokeo AK-4...Sennheiser Profile USB Mi...Temu £100 Coupon bundle o...Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...

camera bags, "whats on your shoulder"?

Started by Trickee, August 22, 2009, 11:05:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spiritflier

I've used half a dozen different bags over the past couple of years but I've recently changed to a LowePro Flipside 300... it's big enough for me to put the 40D in with the Sigma 150-500 on it and still have room for four other lenses and a flash (as well as other bits).

I keep everything at home in a Tamrac Pro 12 'cos it's huge and all of my flashguns, lightmeter etc go in one of those padded aluminium cases.

stevebedder

I got a new camera bag about a 18 months ago from Jessops (i'd done quite a bit of research on thew web too). I went to get a LowePro but ended up coming out with a Centon:

http://cameras.pricegrabber.co.uk/bags-cases/Centon-Trek-Backpack-2/m701191509.html/search=centon/st=product/sv=title

I'd never heard of them before, but as it was only £35 I thought I'd give it ago rather than spend the £120 on the LowePro I was going for as the Centon was actually little bigger.

Although the Centon was low cost I must say that I have been mightly impressed with it. It is very configurable internally with strong padding (and plenty of moveable bits) and velcro and has loads of space to fit all of my camera gear. Theres padded belt and chest straps to help distribute the weight, and various smaller pockets to keep things like batteries, CF card etc.

The downside is that there isn't anywhere to fix a tripod or monopod, also it's waterproof to a degree and although I've never had any problems with it whilst out in the rain I have bought an extra rain cover which was about £5 which I put over the rucksack in heavy rain.

As mentioned, I've had it for about 18 months and it has been everywhere with me and it still looks in great condition and hasn't lost any of it's strength\structure.

Best £35 I've spent in a long while....

Steve

minky_monkey

My last bag was courtesy of the lovely Zenmer!

Lowepro Trekker 100 AW.

Brilliant bag, although it weighs a ton when loaded up!

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.