• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,412
  • Total Topics: 5,705
  • Online today: 67
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 52
  • Total: 52
Wish
Temu £100 Coupon bundle o...Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning Resources

A new challenge

Started by spikeyjen, April 16, 2015, 12:23:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DigiDiva

Abers, it's derogatory comments like the one above that cause problems like this. Don't place everyone in the same brackets - we do what we do cos we like doing it. You do what you do cos you like doing it. Its wrong to belittle people in this way. If it makes someone feel uncomfortable don't say it.

I think it's time a mod brought this thread to a close.
Please visit my website @ www.sunderlandwallart.com

Jediboy

I had typed a long reply but when I tried post it the tread was locked.

So in summary;

We all share a common passion - photography.

Everyone is at different levels of skill and expertise, and people have different expectations and interests.
Some like comps, others don't.
Personally I like the comps, when I have time, I think it's commendable that Spikeyjen wants to start a new comp to generate internet and participation.

Some comments here are antagonistic and not really necessary. It's this sort of photography snobbery that can turn people away.
Let everyone enjoy their hobby in peace.
May the Force be with you.

Chris

DigiDiva

Please visit my website @ www.sunderlandwallart.com

Beaux Reflets

Following spikeyjen's personal request I have deleted the new challenge thread she started.

Perhaps more examples of Forced Perspective images may appear within the forum; As it is quite difficult to achieve really good results (in camera) without post processing and or combining two shots with the lens equipment I currently use.
:beer: Andy

"Light anchors things in place and gives perspective meaning."

The choices we make are rooted in reflection.

http://beauxreflets.blogspot.com/

Mick

Quote from: ABERS on May 13, 2015, 02:51:47 PM
Perhaps six years is long enough and it's time to join the ranks of those other photographers that have tried to find some interest, and perhaps attempted to contribute to the overall scheme of things on here, but have finally realised that there is such an antipathy to any discussion or opinions expressed in good faith, and have gone their separate ways.

One only has to look at the originators of various popular threads to see who they were. Anyway perhaps the half dozen or so who migrated to CC from other sites that have closed will manage to keep this one alive realising why the other ones closed.

Thank you Mick for your tenacity in keeping CC alive and kicking, I'm not resigning but will pop in from time to time just to check if CC has not been finally smothered by photographers whose horizons never spread beyond the bounds of the Forum.

Cheers!

ABERS, I'm really not sure why you have such a downer on this place lately. Surely you can see that the majority of the members here like the challenges and competitions.  They might not be to your taste, but you don't need to get involved with them whatsoever.  Your negative comments are unnecessary and are doing more harm than good, I won't put up with having what few members we have left being driven away and or feeling uncomfortable, just because you don't have any interest on what they do.  Please give it a rest, or I'll have no option other than impose a ban.
Thank You, "Guest" For Reading This Post.

My Gallery
Tinyportal.net Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0
Guitarist Guild Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0
The Garden Machinery Forum Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0

OpenSea

ABERS

I do not have a "downer" on this place as you put it. The problem is that one of two members seem to feel they have the right to question in an offensive manner any opinion expressed that does not fall in with their way of seeing things. This latest spat arose because I suggested a way to keep competition posts apart from other posts, so that those members not interested in the competitions could avoid trawling through those posts to see what interested them, without the need to log on every time.

I like your phrase , the majority of members here like the competitions and challenges, do you mean the 5 or so that enter every week? That's a bit like the tail wagging the dog.

I've enjoyed the time that I have spent on CC, the banter, the nuggets of wisdom and the tips, the things that annoyed, bemused and delighted members and those people that have contributed in a positive and informed way. What is annoying is the contribution made by some that amounts to posting for the sake of it, with no obvious intent other than to  draw attention to themselves.

To save you the trouble of imposing a ban Mick, please remove me from the list, and delete all my images from the galleries.

Good luck to all at CC and and may you all succeed in your endeavours. :tup:

kerbside

I know where ABers is coming from with this line from his closing thread.

"What is annoying is the contribution made by some that amounts to posting for the sake of it, with no obvious intent other than to  draw attention to themselves."

This was said when a certain other forum closed and I think it migrated to here.

On the other hand congratulations to ABers for his cups, medals and 7 acceptances in international and national competitions but should this type of thing be used to point out how good you are on a forum that has many amatures, perhaps he is above what this forum can offer him as I would rarely see a competition entry from him but he always had lots to say about the said entries.

Oh well with ABers resigning and Chris going having had enough it looks like the competitions will be low on numbers, well by one anyway.

Let's hope that this is the end of the latest spat and we can all get on with taking images, no matter how good or bad and if we get a critique that we don't like lets just suck it up and move on.

That's me done now the sun is out so pass me another can. :beer:

You have to be in to win but winning is not everything, it's participating that counts.
http://www.fluidr.com/photos/kerbside

Reinardina

Sorry to see you leave Alan.

Beauty is bought by judgment of the eye.
Shakespeare. (Love's Labours Lost.)

Oldboy

Sorry to see anyone leave. Need to develop a thick skin and roll with the punches. Any forum worth it's salt will have people with different views, but in the end we are all photographers and we should respect each other for that. I wish Abers and DD would reconsider as they both contribute to this site and would be missed. We all need a big group hug.  8)

WillyP

I enjoy the competition thread even though I don't participate.

Reinardina

Quote from: WillyP on May 18, 2015, 12:41:18 PM
I enjoy the competition thread even though I don't participate.

Why don't you give it a go?

WillyP

I don't have any pictures that fit the theme and were taken in the correct time frame.  :legit:

Reinardina

Quote from: WillyP on May 19, 2015, 04:06:31 PM
I don't have any pictures that fit the theme and were taken in the correct time frame.  :legit:

None of us have pictures that fit the theme, and are shot within the time frame, unless by coincidence. The whole point of the competition is, to get you out there, and see what you can come up with, and how you interpret the theme.

Most people enjoy it, because it regularly forces them to photograph things, they would normally not even look at.

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.