• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,411
  • Total Topics: 5,704
  • Online today: 297
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 89
  • Total: 89
millets
Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning ResourcesPhotography and Time of D...

CHAT - COLLECTIBLES - Weekly Comp 17-23 December 2012

Started by Hinfrance, December 16, 2012, 10:22:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hinfrance

CHAT IN THIS THREAD           CHAT IN THIS THREAD          CHAT IN THIS THREAD            CHAT IN THIS THREAD           CHAT IN THIS THREAD
Entries thread is HERE

This week's challenge is to show us an interesting photograph that represents collecting and collectibles. Everybody has a collection of something*, whether deliberately or not. But if you can't think of something you have collected, then feel free to photograph someone else's. Photograph a whole bunch of things or some representative detail - it's up to you.

*I bet most of you have a collection of Christmas decorations, for example  :tup:

No restrictions on editing.

Pictures to be taken between 00.01am Monday 17th December 2012 to 23:59 Sunday 23rd December 2012 .
Pictures to be posted in the entries thread no later than 23.59pm Monday 24th December 2012.
Poll will be up on Christmas Day, as soon as I have unwrapped  my pressies and put the duck in the oven.
Winner to be announced Saturday 29th December 2012.

The Rules for the weekly competition are...

By entering you agree to take responsibility to
Post a topic on the Sunday following your declared win
Create an entries thread
Create a chat thread
Create a poll for that weeks comp and declare the winner on the Saturday
(if for any reason there is a problem and no subject is posted by the winner by Monday night admin will advise second place winner to post the topic asap, do the poll etc)

In case of a tie, the first entry posted wins.

Photos to be taken during the specified dates, ie Monday xx to Sunday xx
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

jinky

Hinfrance

Quote from: jinky on December 16, 2012, 10:41:32 AM
I`ve got a rubbish collection of photos  :D

Probably be better off photographing a collection of rubbish  :legit:
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

Reinardina

Quote from: Hinfrance on December 16, 2012, 10:46:19 AM
Quote from: jinky on December 16, 2012, 10:41:32 AM
I`ve got a rubbish collection of photos  :D

Probably be better off photographing a collection of rubbish  :legit:

Not sure I agree H. A picture of a load of rubbish pictures (where did you get those Jinky? They can't be your own surely?), can be very eyecatching!

I'm now off, to try and shoot the sort of picture I had in mind, when I set this weeks comp!

Beauty is bought by judgment of the eye.
Shakespeare. (Love's Labours Lost.)

Hinfrance

I've been racking my brains on this one - I am beginning to realise what a stiff challenge this one is.

Still, jinky art least can always take a picture of his increasing pile of photography prizes ;)
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr

Reinardina

Quote from: Hinfrance on December 20, 2012, 10:13:02 AM
I've been racking my brains on this one - I am beginning to realise what a stiff challenge this one is.

Still, jinky art least can always take a picture of his increasing pile of photography prizes ;)

What about your collection of torture tools?

I am collecting so much, most of it unwillingly, that I don't know what to go for.

Hinfrance

Quote from: Reinardina on December 20, 2012, 10:34:26 AM

I admit there is a DVD of Mama Mia! in the house, which has never needed to be used, but that's not really a collection, is it?
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr

Reinardina

Quote from: Hinfrance on December 20, 2012, 12:34:18 PM
Quote from: Reinardina on December 20, 2012, 10:34:26 AM

I admit there is a DVD of Mama Mia! in the house, which has never needed to be used, but that's not really a collection, is it?

I was thinking of your dark pictures of the axeman and knifeman and upside down Barbie.

Hinfrance

I know Re, but I can't think of anything more horrifying than Mama Mia! :)

Got an idea now, so will have a bash at it later.
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr

Reinardina

Quote from: Hinfrance on December 21, 2012, 08:18:01 AM
I know Re, but I can't think of anything more horrifying than Mama Mia! :)

Got an idea now, so will have a bash at it later.

Is that the musical or the ABBA hit? I know the second, but not the first.

In spite of my rather large collection of assorted 'props' I regularly pick up in charity shops, I have problems finding a way of photographing any of them. Had a go yesterday, but the light was bad and the result so-so. See if I can do better, otherwise it has to be the tarted up version of a small collection of 'tat.'

SimonW

My mum died just over a year ago after suffering with gradually worstening dementia for several years. During that time she often talked very fondly of the only car she ever had - which she loved. To keep her reminded of it I modified a "collectible" Matchbox toy car - painted it the correct colour, added the woodwork and spotlights - to make it more like hers. Early this week I photographed it and also a possible scene to put it in, as a backup entry.

So since we're now well into the third day of continuous heavy rain with lots more forcast and our garden beginning to flood I've no chance of photographing the other idea I've had.

A Matchbox Car
Simon Warren
(in Dunning, Scotland)

Reinardina

What a lovely idea Simon. I bet she was thrilled to bits, to have that very recognisable reminder of her car.

It's very wet here too, though yesterday it was brilliant.
My 'collectibles' are typical 'indoor' things, and I was too busy yesterday to shoot them in good light. I fear I'm stuck with the one I've got, which, after tarting up, may be acceptable.

Beaux Reflets

I'm in with a small part of one of my Grandfather's post card collections - Shots of The Viceroy and I assume her interior?

:beer: Andy

"Light anchors things in place and gives perspective meaning."

The choices we make are rooted in reflection.

http://beauxreflets.blogspot.com/

Reinardina

Oh boy, what a ship! I'd sign up straight away, if she were still sailing.

Beaux Reflets

Quote from: Reinardina on December 22, 2012, 08:18:29 PM
Oh boy, what a ship! I'd sign up straight away, if she were still sailing.

Everything is so much faster today - I bet the experience of travel in those days had a real romantic air - I can see well shod gents in their silk smoking jackets puffing on large cigars turning the sitting room air quite a cloudy blue  ;)
:beer: Andy

"Light anchors things in place and gives perspective meaning."

The choices we make are rooted in reflection.

http://beauxreflets.blogspot.com/

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.