• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,411
  • Total Topics: 5,704
  • Online today: 297
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 285
  • Total: 285
  • Google
  • Bingbot
millets
Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning ResourcesPhotography and Time of D...

Post your best shots here

Started by oRGie, October 11, 2009, 03:07:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Markulous

Thought we'd have a go at powerboats on Sunday - well, it got us out of the house! Only 6 boats took part but we had a pretty good time - think we'll be back! :)

Whatever and ever. Amen
http://smg.photobucket.com/home/Markulous/index
Mark @ Photobucket

Beaux Reflets

Super shots Dave and Markulous  :tup:
:beer: Andy

"Light anchors things in place and gives perspective meaning."

The choices we make are rooted in reflection.

http://beauxreflets.blogspot.com/

Reinardina

Markulous, I especially love the first one!

Beauty is bought by judgment of the eye.
Shakespeare. (Love's Labours Lost.)

skellum

Quote from: Markulous on May 17, 2012, 09:23:22 AM
Quote from: Dave on May 17, 2012, 01:02:57 AM
Took myself of to Lytham Jetty . I had this idea of creating an album cover ( Delamanda's idea for the comp a week or so ago ) Anyway it was a Manfred Manns Earth Band Album cover I was thinking of ( 70's stuff ) which had a figure running down a runway to take off.

Were you Blinded by the Light?  :2funny:

;D :2funny:  I have forgotten the album title now, but it had ' Davey's on the road again ' on it

skellum

Quote from: Dave on May 17, 2012, 03:30:43 PM
Quote from: Markulous on May 17, 2012, 09:23:22 AM
Quote from: Dave on May 17, 2012, 01:02:57 AM
Took myself of to Lytham Jetty . I had this idea of creating an album cover ( Delamanda's idea for the comp a week or so ago ) Anyway it was a Manfred Manns Earth Band Album cover I was thinking of ( 70's stuff ) which had a figure running down a runway to take off.

Were you Blinded by the Light?  :2funny:

;D :2funny:  I have forgotten the album title now, but it had ' Davey's on the road again ' on it.   Just did a google search the album was called ' Watch '

Markulous

Yup! Watch http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Watch_(Manfred_Mann's_Earth_Band_album)

The Roaring Silence was the first album for which I actually splashed the cash - had recorded loads onto tape before!  ;)
Whatever and ever. Amen
http://smg.photobucket.com/home/Markulous/index
Mark @ Photobucket

eysha

I like this shot and intend to paint it when i get time,lol.
Used my Panny fz38 on macro.
Please visit my site at
www.ThekavanaghCollection.co.uk

Reinardina

An Oldie, but still a favourite. In memory of Sjaantje, a recently deceased Friesian,  owned by a friend.

Geoff

I think as a result of members on the forum giving good advice I have managed to get a good image over the weekend one that
I am very pleased with.
As a result I am always open to comments good or bad,  as some members know I find it hard at times to get to were I need to be
to get a shot, if I can not get my wheel chair to the right spot or if I can not set up my tripod as in the shot below having only one
hand does not help (more so on long exposures),    this shot below I took balanced on a rock in the middle of a river.
Thanks again
Geoff       

Jediboy

'Balanced on a rock in the middle of a river' - that's dedication for you!!

I really like this photo Geoff, and it's clear you have listened to the advice and got the result you deserved.
For me, the composition works and the photo has a nice balanced feel to it.
And I think you've done really well with the exposure on what can be a difficult one to get right. I can't help but feel that a tripod may have helped here, getting a sharper image, but I appreciate the difficulties you have. 
The effect on the water is great (I think this is what you were after?!?)
Now I'm going to be really picky, ridiculously so. The green sight in the top right corner - it's a little (very little) bit distracting, but I did go looking for something.

You should be really pleases with this Geoff.

These are just my thoughts. I'm sure others will have a different view point, but that's the beauty of photography.

Good work.  :tup:
May the Force be with you.

Chris

Geoff

Thanks Chris,  I can see exactly what you are saying, I think I spent that much  time cloneing out
a group of people  and red fire boxes from that part of the  image so I think I just got  carried away a little.
I would have used a tripod however I would not  have been able to get it set were I was,     I had a  friend with
me whom was holding what is left  of my left arm, also not  being steady  on my legs I  was winging  it a little 
I took notes with  me that I got of you guys a great help when you have a mind like mine,  they were a great help.

Thanks again Chris and  all  :)

Reinardina

I've never photographed a tennis match before, as I do not see many games. But, when I was in Holland, my friends' three very talented kids had to play and I happily tagged along.
This is nine year old Lieke who made quite an impression. And won.

An attempt to get an old thread going again.

Who follows?

jinky

I`ll try and get around to one R. I`ve decided to try and do more comments on images posted too and aiming to look / comment on at least 5 images when I get time. Today - done 6 now!

Jediboy

I think that this is my first post in this thread.
Anyway, I took this a few weeks ago.

A beautiful evening.

May the Force be with you.

Chris

Reinardina

Very impressive Jediboy. Great colours.

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.