• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,412
  • Total Topics: 5,705
  • Online today: 158
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 49
  • Total: 49
photobox
Temu £100 Coupon bundle o...Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning Resources

So,anyone else using a Quad Copter?

Started by Mick, April 18, 2015, 06:09:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mick

After seeing Tripod's (John's) image in the gallery, shot using a DJI Phantom Plus Quad Copter,

This image.

I was wondering if anyone else here has tried it.  These things are amazing nowadays, what with all the new technology that goes into them.  I know a couple of you have experimented with aerial photography using Kite's but the Quad copter just seems more up my street.

And,  just to test my freshly installed Youtube mod. And to see what they're getting up to with these quad copter thingy's.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w2itwFJCgFQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FY6AbEc9sF4
Thank You, "Guest" For Reading This Post.

My Gallery
Tinyportal.net Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0
Guitarist Guild Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0
The Garden Machinery Forum Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0

OpenSea

ABERS

A couple of lads in our club have spent a day with a 'copter photographer and were amazed at both the performance of the gizmo and the quality of the images. The stabilising mechanics of the equipment seemed to ensure sharp images at all times.

Not too sure my flying ability would allow me to use such a thing with any confidence. I remember way back building a model glider over many weeks and taking it out for a maiden flight only to crash it at the first attempt ending up with a crumpled heap of balsa and paper which only got worse as I stamped on it with frustration and anger. So an expensive bit of gear with an equally expensive camera attached wouldn't let me enjoy the experience. :doh:

Mind you such a thing would give the equipment fans plenty to talk about. ::)

Simple

Yes, Rick had one for a year and a half now. A six bladed affair. Being photographers, the Go-pro did not have the image quality we were looking for. Mounting a DSLR under the beast reduced the flying time too much and best results were with the Sony NEX system.  Had some amazing shots of all the wedding guests on the lawn in front of a manor. (that lead to inquiry about  hotel group wanting aerial pics in the lake district) Was great to use for architectural shots of factories and businesses. Fun as a hobby, but for commercial work it is now too regulated. I believe the thing is up for sale. Easy to fly but need some practice!!, broken at least 10 props and 3 arms to get used to it.

Hinfrance

Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

Graham

There are some VERY strict laws about the use of such devices and gaining the required licenses/qualifications is almost as difficult as those required to fly a real helicopter.
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. 

My Gallery
My Flickr Pics

Reinardina

Just read in the paper, about some dangerous near-misses with passenger aircraft.

Beauty is bought by judgment of the eye.
Shakespeare. (Love's Labours Lost.)

spinner

No doubt. I can't imagine using one at home as I'm under a flight Path Canada's busiest airport. But I'd love to try one out up in cottage country wilderness. I wonder if they can be rented.
And more, much more than this, I did it my way
Ol' blue eyes

http://ddsdigita4.wix.com/ddsdigital
https://www.flickr.com/photos/spin498/

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.