• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,411
  • Total Topics: 5,704
  • Online today: 297
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 48
  • Total: 48
bhphotovideo
Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning ResourcesPhotography and Time of D...

Whats this about ?

Started by skellum, November 08, 2010, 12:50:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

skellum

Someone has posted a comment here. It will be visible after admin approval.  

This appeared in the comments on my recent Preston Phones picture.... whats it all about... :legit:

Mick

Dave, Sorry, I've no idea why this happened.  The setting should allow for only logged people to post, and they should all be approved.

Found a couple more pics from other members also with comment awaiting approval.  Trouble is, as admin I see the comments regardless of being approved or not.  

I'm Going to check all settings now.  ::)

Has anyone seen a message saying along the lines of,  Your message will have to be approved before it will be displayed. ?  when leaving a comment.  If so could you let me know here in this thread.  That might give me some clues.
Thank You, "Guest" For Reading This Post.

My Gallery
Tinyportal.net Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0
Guitarist Guild Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0
The Garden Machinery Forum Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0

OpenSea

Mick

Dave sorry this new software has some glitches for sure.  I've adjusted some settings now.  So could you please try leaving some comments on those same pics / albums again, even if just for testing purposes.

If this doesn't work then I'll need to get support for this problem.  ::)

To all the other members having similar problems, all I can do is apologise, and tell you I've approved all the comments awaiting approval.   The system needs testing again, so see if it's now working for you.

My Gallery

OpenSea

picsfor

I'm the one with the comment waiting for approval on the swan picture.

If it helps, i'd made a comment, on re-reading the comment later i thought it needed to be tweaked a little.
It was after i hit submit for the edited or tweaked comment it received the awaiting approval status.

Mick

Quote from: picsfor on November 14, 2010, 01:13:58 PM

It was after i hit submit for the edited or tweaked comment it received the awaiting approval status.

Thanks for that info Andrew.  It will help to narrow down the problem.   Your comment should be approved now.  ;)

Now, I would like to know if this is relevant to other members having the comment approval problem.

My Gallery

OpenSea

Oldboy

Yes, noticed one yesterday but it appears to have been solved now.  :tup:

Mick

If it helps, i'd made a comment, on re-reading the comment later i thought it needed to be tweaked a little.

Andrew, and anyone else who would be kind enough to test this.  Would you please try editing one of your comments, and see if this happens again please.  I'm going to have to give as much info to the coppermine support team as possible to get this resolved.

Cheers.

My Gallery

OpenSea

picsfor

Hyde Park Gazebo picture comment edited...

Graham

Same as Andrew. I commented on the IOTW, hadto edit a spelling mistake and when re submited got the pending approval message with two little speech bubbles.
                         Graham.
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. 

My Gallery
My Flickr Pics

Mick

OK, I think Andrew has hit the nail on the head.  Another bug to report.  ::)

Quote from: Graham on November 14, 2010, 03:10:55 PM
 Same as Andrew. I commented on the IOTW, hadto edit a spelling mistake and when re submited got the pending approval message with two little speech bubbles.
                        Graham.

Graham, did you delete the comment?  can't see it waiting for approval.

Edit:  Forget that last question Graham, I guess it was the comment I already approved earlier.  :-[

My Gallery

OpenSea

Mick

OK guys, could you try it again.  Fingers crossed.  ;)

My Gallery

OpenSea

Skhilled

I've used Coppermine for quite a few years. I got rid of it because of the bugs in the SMF bridge. The regular software has a bug or 2 as well.
Nikon D3000
AF-S DX NIKKOR 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6.G VR
Nikkor 70-210mm f4-f5.6 AF Macro Zoom
AF-S DX Nikkor 55-300mm f/4.5-5.6.G ED VR

picsfor

ok Swan image re-edited (the source of my original error) but when i clicked ok it showed ok to me...

Mick

Andrew, this issue should be fixed now. Thanks for the heads up.  ;)

Quote from: Skhilled on November 14, 2010, 04:25:34 PM
I've used Coppermine for quite a few years. I got rid of it because of the bugs in the SMF bridge. The regular software has a bug or 2 as well.

The bugs in version 1.4.xx were just about sorted, even when bridging.  But this new version 1.5.8 is a nightmare when it comes to bridging.  I've never had to edit so many php files to get something working, lol..

Still got to sort the member list bug.  That said I do like some of the new features in Coppermine 1.5.8

My Gallery

OpenSea

Skhilled

I am looking for a new gallery since I haven't used one in awhile. I'll have to create a test site and play around with it. The software itself isn't much of a problem, it's just the bridge that's always given me fits.
Nikon D3000
AF-S DX NIKKOR 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6.G VR
Nikkor 70-210mm f4-f5.6 AF Macro Zoom
AF-S DX Nikkor 55-300mm f/4.5-5.6.G ED VR

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.