• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,412
  • Total Topics: 5,705
  • Online today: 249
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 142
  • Total: 142
wex
Temu £100 Coupon bundle o...Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning Resources

Northumberland- advice please

Started by DigiDiva, September 25, 2013, 10:55:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DigiDiva

Well, I'm back - had a lovely time. Stayed on Holy Island until sunset then was back over again for sunrise. I was so lucky with the tides. My little B&B was lovely, however I did spill red wine on the carpet and I apologised most sincerely and offered to clean it but the hostess was ok about it. I took a very posh pewter goblet to drink it out of, after my scolding over the plastic cup!!! Just downloading my RAW files, then will convert to DNG ( a pain but I have no choice) and pick the best to PP. They looked great in camera however, on screen may be a different matter!
Please visit my website @ www.sunderlandwallart.com

Reinardina

Quote from: DigiDiva on September 29, 2013, 12:05:17 PM
Well, I'm back - had a lovely time. Stayed on Holy Island until sunset then was back over again for sunrise. I was so lucky with the tides. My little B&B was lovely, however I did spill red wine on the carpet and I apologised most sincerely and offered to clean it but the hostess was ok about it. I took a very posh pewter goblet to drink it out of, after my scolding over the plastic cup!!! Just downloading my RAW files, then will convert to DNG ( a pain but I have no choice) and pick the best to PP. They looked great in camera however, on screen may be a different matter!

It'll be a total contrast to my entry!

Beauty is bought by judgment of the eye.
Shakespeare. (Love's Labours Lost.)

DigiDiva

not sure i can enter as it wasnt down my way......it was down my weekend retreat way.......
Please visit my website @ www.sunderlandwallart.com

Reinardina

Jinky, who set the theme, was considering an exotic down his way shot from his holiday, and South Africa is a bit further from his home than Northumberland is from yours.
Go for it, I say.

Beaux Reflets

Quote from: DigiDiva on September 29, 2013, 04:25:25 PM
not sure i can enter as it wasnt down my way......it was down my weekend retreat way.......

Finding anything where ever you are or happen to go, is surely down your way  :tup:
:beer: Andy

"Light anchors things in place and gives perspective meaning."

The choices we make are rooted in reflection.

http://beauxreflets.blogspot.com/

jinky

That`s right folks - anything in the area you are in during the week of the comp. I will indeed be using one of my safari shots. Given that I took over 1700 pictures + a bit of video I`m not sure what I`ll be able to process by the deadline time. Thinking it `s between the black rhino on the hill that I was told I probably wouldn`t see but observed for 15 minutes or the rampant young bull elephant that we could have touched from the truck which the ranger refused to back off from as it would have challenged ever subsequent truck. We were actually too close for the 70-300 lens I had on! Neededmy wide angle but we were not allowed to move or make a sound. What a great trip!

Reinardina

Paul, will you have time to set the poll with all those photos to sort out?

Glad you had a good trip.

Going to post my 'down my way' shot now. I bet it's familiar to a lot of you!

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.