• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,412
  • Total Topics: 5,705
  • Online today: 64
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 33
  • Total: 33
aliexpress
Temu £100 Coupon bundle o...Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning Resources

What made you feel good today

Started by greypoint, August 13, 2009, 10:26:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eileen

I think you may be the first person on this site to own one Spin if you get it in the next few months. I'm fairly sure I read recently that launch in Europe has been delayed a few months, and will now be around July. I may have misremembered of course. I'd like one but can't afford it just now - I'm thinking about maybe a combined Christmas and birthday present next year. Would be really interested to know how you find it.

Eileen

Forgot to add - these pictures really made me smile. Worth a look (I keep expecting to see someone I know in them but no definite sightings so far, though there is one where the wedding TOG bears a passing resemblance to Jonathan  ;) ).
http://acidcow.com/pics/3808-photographers_are_funny_52_pics.html

Malcolm1938

I'm just getting back towards full mobility after what the medics refer to as a TKR (total knee replacement) and today I found myself about 100 yards away from my elbow crutch so I wont be needing that much longer - I'd rather carry a camera than a crutch anyway....

FKA CannOffice
Too old to die young
Every day is a good day - if you wake up....

My Gallery

Just Dave

Good to hear your mobile again after your knee op,  :)
Visit Our Website Clicky Linky My Flickr Clicky Linky Scrap Cars Buyer scrapcarsbuyer.co.uk

Jonathan

Quote from: Eileen on May 08, 2010, 08:40:35 AM
Forgot to add - these pictures really made me smile. Worth a look (I keep expecting to see someone I know in them but no definite sightings so far, though there is one where the wedding TOG bears a passing resemblance to Jonathan  ;) ).
http://acidcow.com/pics/3808-photographers_are_funny_52_pics.html

:) nice.  Though several could also appear on Photoshop disasters...

WMMFGT? Yesterday actually.  All day fashion shoot for Pretty Magazine.

Flickr says I have to link to them too.... http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4039/4588830916_d6d517a8d2.jpg
It's Guest's round

CML-1591

Quote from: Graham on May 08, 2010, 08:00:47 AM
Quote from: CML-1591 on May 07, 2010, 08:28:29 PM

Thanks, I'm now the owner of an orange apron, hmm...

A B&Q one by any chance?.... A trip there is guaranteed to take my grey morning and fill it with shafts of sunlight! :D
                                                    Graham. :tup:

Haha yes... They haven't mentioned my 20% discount crew card!
Landscape photography is the supreme test of the photographer - and often the supreme disappointment. - Ansel Adams,

Graham

Quote from: CML-1591 on May 08, 2010, 02:01:57 PM

A B&Q one by any chance?.... A trip there is guaranteed to take my grey morning and fill it with shafts of sunlight! :D

You get discount AS WELL as an orange apron! Jeez....You youngsters don't know your born!
                          Graham.
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. 

My Gallery
My Flickr Pics

CML-1591

Quote from: Graham on May 08, 2010, 04:38:51 PM
Quote from: CML-1591 on May 08, 2010, 02:01:57 PM

You get discount AS WELL as an orange apron! Jeez....You youngsters don't know your born!
                         Graham.

And a Jacket with all adverts/sponsors on it. Its pretty good quality too, safety shoes to come.

WMFG Thursday and the Monday coming:

5D Mark II, D700, PW Max, 750W portable studio and an actual studio.

Arhhh student life ain't too shabby...
Landscape photography is the supreme test of the photographer - and often the supreme disappointment. - Ansel Adams,

picsfor

You young 'uns have never had it so easy!  :legit: :2funny:

Eileen

Great to hear that you are recovering well Cannoffice. Hope you get out there with your camera soon.

Glad things are going well for you too CML. I can think of many worse places to work while you study.

Nice to see that you're getting VFM from the new toy Jonathan!

I've posted some of my pictures from the Nick Clegg visit on flickr. Didn't post here as it would have spammed the recent uploads section. But thought you might be amused by this, which shows what the press pack look like when you're just over 5 feet tall. I call it the Worm's Eye View.  ;)

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4017/4590905869_360f2b5bc1.jpg

ABERS

You should have taken your aluminium steps Eileen. Perhaps Craig can do you a deal. :tup:

Eileen

ABERS

Got notification of an acceptance for The London Salon. :tup:

Just Dave

WMMFGT

Knowing I did the right thing

Yesterday whilst out walking I found a lamb that had put his head through the 5" square mesh hole in the fence and couldnt get its head our and it was writhing around very panicked, without thinking I went over, and got it free, then I thought to myself should I have taken a photo first, What Would You Have Done ?

Dave
______
Visit Our Website Clicky Linky My Flickr Clicky Linky Scrap Cars Buyer scrapcarsbuyer.co.uk

jinky

Same as you dave. I can see (partly) the dilemna if you are getting paid to get shots in a war zone etc and capture suffering on the job but not in a situation like this. Easing of suffering before hobby I think.

WMMFGT - having had my D700 all of 6 days I`ve just received my free grip from Nikon. I`ve now got a great camera the size of a small TV and I love it. I don`t even care that the grip deal no doubt means the final arrival of a D700s or the like. ;)

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.