• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,411
  • Total Topics: 5,704
  • Online today: 297
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 59
  • Total: 59
Wish
Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning ResourcesPhotography and Time of D...

Galleries and images.

Started by ABERS, August 25, 2009, 02:24:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ABERS

Help please.
I'm getting a little befuddled when I look at the Gallery section. I seem to be seeing repeat images all over the place. At present there's a load of pictures of a Bee and then Beach huts keep popping up as you scan down. Why is this?

As an add on, I've posted three pics and can't seem to find them in my gallery, where would they have gone? ???

irv_b

Hi Alan
The galleries seem to be okay, only one pic of a bee by konia09 and one picture of the set of beach huts.
I had trouble yesterday in posting images but it all seems okay today. Where did you post your images to the B& w folder or your personal gallery?
My Gallery

Don't count the days "Guest," make the days count!.

greypoint

You'll see repeat images if you're looking at the last comments option.

ABERS

Thanks Sue. So everytime a comment is made the picture is repeated. I thought I'd pressed a button somewhere.

ABERS

Quote from: irv_b on August 25, 2009, 02:36:08 PM
Hi Alan
The galleries seem to be okay, only one pic of a bee by konia09 and one picture of the set of beach huts.
I had trouble yesterday in posting images but it all seems okay today. Where did you post your images to the B& w folder or your personal gallery?
Thanks Irve,
I found them in the B+W folder, can I move them into a Personal Gallery?

Mick

Quote from: ABERS on August 25, 2009, 04:22:30 PM
Thanks Irve,

Yes Alan, you can move them to your own gallery.  You'll have to create one first though.  ;)

The gallery front page is set out as follows,

1: First thing you see scrolling along the top of the page is a few of the latest images.
2: A category with a link to all the user's galleries.
3: The public albums.
4: Latest uploads again. This time showing how many views / comments, and who posted it.
5: Last Comments.  This is where you'll be seeing loads of the same images as people leave comments on them.
6: Top rated pics. just a small number of these.
7: Random files.  Again just a small number of these.
Thank You, "Guest" For Reading This Post.

My Gallery
Tinyportal.net Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0
Guitarist Guild Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0
The Garden Machinery Forum Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0

OpenSea

Mick

Quote from: ABERS on August 25, 2009, 04:22:30 PM

Oh, and forgot to say about how to move a pic to your own album.  Mark kindly wrote how to do this Here

My Gallery

OpenSea

ABERS

Got the hang of it now, thanks chaps.

jinky

Forgive me but having a bit of trouble getting around the site and understanding all. I managed to create my own gallery and upload 2 pictures (hope I remember how next time  :D ) but wondered about the public galleries when I saw Abers comment. What is the protocol here - on what basis do you put pictures in thepublic gallery. Are they selected? Do you just do it if you want? How do you do it?
Cheers
Paul

Darren1978

When I uploaded a few when I first signed up, I managed to upload them to the public gallery straightaway, purely by mistake  :D

jimthetrain

You will find they automatically go on the front page no matter what album you put them in. That is the problem. You can't upload a picture just for your album only. Therefore an image can be displayed on the front page that you are quite proud of and someone uploads a load of holiday snaps to there album and it obliterates the pictures on the front page. :D
BOOZE!!! Helping ugly people have sex.

jinky

Yes I could see that jimthetrain but when you look at the galleries there are about 8 galleries with broad topics like landscapes etc with files included from a range of users. Just wondered what the story was behind them and how they get in there. Darren had said he accidentally loaded into them rather than his personal gallery.

greypoint

When you upload a photo you can click on one of the general galleries rather than your own gallery so it just goes in there.

Mick

Quote from: jinky on August 26, 2009, 09:17:26 AM
Forgive me but having a bit of trouble getting around the site and understanding all. I managed to create my own gallery and upload 2 pictures (hope I remember how next time  :D ) but wondered about the public galleries when I saw Abers comment. What is the protocol here - on what basis do you put pictures in thepublic gallery. Are they selected? Do you just do it if you want? How do you do it?
Cheers
Paul

Hi Paul

The public albums you mentioned were only added a few weeks back, as some of the members asked for them.  It's entirely up to you whether you upload to one of these, or upload to your own gallery.  There's no rules regarding this.  :tup:

If you do upload to one of these by accident you should still have control of the pics, and be able to move them to your own albums if desired. ;)

My Gallery

OpenSea

Darren1978

Silly question, but how do you move them?  When I accidentally uploaded to the Public Gallery I couldn't work out how to move the images to my personal gallery

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.