• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,411
  • Total Topics: 5,704
  • Online today: 297
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 246
  • Total: 246
  • Google
If you would like to make a donation to help with the running costs of the site, then a donation button has been added to the bottom of the page.  Thanks.
Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning ResourcesPhotography and Time of D...

What made you feel good today

Started by greypoint, August 13, 2009, 10:26:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jinky

Quote from: ABERS on August 07, 2016, 12:02:01 PM
Yesterday actually.  A belated father's day present. Went to Wembley with all of family to see Liverpool thrash Barcelona  4-0.

Tremendous  atmosphere, Liverpool  supporters must be the best, nigh on 80,000 singing full throated YNWA  brings a lump to the throat, especially it was my wife's favourite anthem. Sung at her funeral last year with the congregation joining in wholeheartedly, reducing the most stony hearted to tears.
Lovely treat and always nice when a congregation sings up at the funeral of a dear one. ;)

anglefire

Yesterday, to be fair - bought a new car - a 1977 Triumph Spitfire. Pictures will follow when I've got it off the trailer!
----------------------------------
Mark
* A HISTORY OF THE UNIVERSE - THE SHORT STORY* 'Hydrogen is a light, odourless gas, which, given enough time, turns into people.'

CPS Gold Member
My Website

Current Bodies:
Canon 1Dx
Canon R3
Canon R5

Sold Bodies:
Canon 350D
Canon 1DMk3
Canon 5D
Canon 1Dx Mk3

Hinfrance

Quote from: anglefire on August 14, 2016, 05:55:33 AM
Yesterday, to be fair - bought a new car - a 1977 Triumph Spitfire. Pictures will follow when I've got it off the trailer!

I hope your vintage one is better than the two I had in the late 70s (I must have been a glutton for punishment). After two days of cursing the last and final one I ever owned finally started and kept running just long enough to get it to the scrap yard . . The carbs were a nightmare, the roofs leaked, the gearboxes broke with alarming regularity and no journey could be undertaken without a toolkit that had a set of feeler gauges for resetting the points. But they were good fun to drive with the roof off and the heaters were good :)

WMMFGT? Yesterday evening we had a meal and gathering for all the residents, and some holiday home owners, in our little hamlet. Sylvan and I played guitar for a couple of hours while our little party (19 strong) sang along. And I hardly got bitten by mosquitoes at all. Fun.
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

Hinfrance

Discovering luminosity masks and getting my head half around how to use them :) Waiting until we are guest free to try with some monochromes.
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

Simple

Howard, Steve Arnold (Google) does a free Luminosity mask introduction in pdf form. If you cannot find it I will e-mail it to you. I am not too impressed with the method, because LR is doing the same thing with sliders. I also find that a quicker way to do a very similar thing is to press Ctrl-Alt-2 or Ctrl-Alt-tilde (wavy line) depending on type of keyboard. This select the highlights. Smooth edge by a couple of pixels and copy selection on a new layer. Now with curves darken highlights.  Once you are used to this it only takes a couple of keyboard strokes and you are done.

Alfonso_Frisk

Quote from: Simple on August 15, 2016, 06:39:16 PM
Howard, Steve Arnold (Google) does a free Luminosity mask introduction in pdf form. If you cannot find it I will e-mail it to you. I am not too impressed with the method, because LR is doing the same thing with sliders. I also find that a quicker way to do a very similar thing is to press Ctrl-Alt-2 or Ctrl-Alt-tilde (wavy line) depending on type of keyboard. This select the highlights. Smooth edge by a couple of pixels and copy selection on a new layer. Now with curves darken highlights.  Once you are used to this it only takes a couple of keyboard strokes and you are done.
With which version of LR do these shortcuts work?
Just tried on my ver 4.4 and they dont do anything at all.
Could be my lack of knowledge though
http://www.fluidr.com/photos/nosmo_king2007
http://www.seateamimages.com/search.php
Wine improves with age, The older I get the more I like it.

Hinfrance

Thanks for the tip. ;) I'll have a look at that tomorrow. I have written an action in PS to create a suite of masks with one click. I'm finding it so far significantly more effective than LR sliders, but early days yet. I re edited my eagle 2 shot and it looks loads better to me :)
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr

anglefire

Quote from: Hinfrance on August 14, 2016, 09:49:12 AM
Quote from: anglefire on August 14, 2016, 05:55:33 AM

I hope your vintage one is better than the two I had in the late 70s (I must have been a glutton for punishment). After two days of cursing the last and final one I ever owned finally started and kept running just long enough to get it to the scrap yard . . The carbs were a nightmare, the roofs leaked, the gearboxes broke with alarming regularity and no journey could be undertaken without a toolkit that had a set of feeler gauges for resetting the points. But they were good fun to drive with the roof off and the heaters were good :)

WMMFGT? Yesterday evening we had a meal and gathering for all the residents, and some holiday home owners, in our little hamlet. Sylvan and I played guitar for a couple of hours while our little party (19 strong) sang along. And I hardly got bitten by mosquitoes at all. Fun.

So do I! Started on the key yesterday when I went out - but the carbs do need setting up! As do the brakes (Want refurbing!)

Mark
* A HISTORY OF THE UNIVERSE - THE SHORT STORY* 'Hydrogen is a light, odourless gas, which, given enough time, turns into people.'

CPS Gold Member
My Website

Current Bodies:
Canon 1Dx
Canon R3
Canon R5

Sold Bodies:
Canon 350D
Canon 1DMk3
Canon 5D
Canon 1Dx Mk3

Simple

Quote from: Alfonso_Frisk on August 15, 2016, 08:58:56 PM
I am so sorry Alf, I should have been much clearer, these are shortcuts in PS.

Hinfrance

Mark, good luck with the Spitty - I recall that a Gunson's Carbalancer was never to far from reach :)

Simple. For me, so far, then thing about luminosity masks is they huge range of tonal areas that can be selected for not just exposure editing, but any adjustment or enhancement.  The sliders in LR are broad range and only cover darks and lights, so they are a bit crude - albeit usually more than good enough for most pictures.

I downloaded the pdf, haven't read it yet, but my word if it is as dull as the linked video presentation I think I'll have to chew my leg off.
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr

ABERS

Visited the RHS Garden at Wisley today, it is the best I have ever seen it. If you are a flower/plant photographer (I'm  not), you would be in your element.

Some interesting garden furniture on the other hand. ;)

Alfonso_Frisk

Quote from: Simple on August 15, 2016, 11:20:47 PM
Quote from: Alfonso_Frisk on August 15, 2016, 08:58:56 PM
I am so sorry Alf, I should have been much clearer, these are shortcuts in PS.

No mate, my fault.  :uglystupid2: I misread the topic completely.  :doh: :doh:
http://www.fluidr.com/photos/nosmo_king2007
http://www.seateamimages.com/search.php
Wine improves with age, The older I get the more I like it.

spinner

Quote from: ABERS on August 16, 2016, 03:18:52 PM
Visited the RHS Garden at Wisley today, it is the best I have ever seen it. If you are a flower/plant photographer (I'm  not), you would be in your element.

Wish I had the funds to fly over and take those shots. We've been in a drought situation since mid May according to our local Weather forecasters My garden's pretty much dead.  :'(

The nearby Botanical Grdn of which I am a member, has been focusing on their 'music' events and said very little about the blooms.
And more, much more than this, I did it my way
Ol' blue eyes

http://ddsdigita4.wix.com/ddsdigital
https://www.flickr.com/photos/spin498/

Reinardina

Quote from: spinner on August 16, 2016, 11:30:06 PM
Quote from: ABERS on August 16, 2016, 03:18:52 PM

Wish I had the funds to fly over and take those shots. We've been in a drought situation since mid May according to our local Weather forecasters My garden's pretty much dead.  :'(

The nearby Botanical Grdn of which I am a member, has been focusing on their 'music' events and said very little about the blooms.

G F Haendel's Water Music?

Beauty is bought by judgment of the eye.
Shakespeare. (Love's Labours Lost.)

anglefire

Got the roof off the Spit last night - looks much better!

Mark

CPS Gold Member
My Website

Current Bodies:
Canon 1Dx
Canon R3
Canon R5

Sold Bodies:
Canon 350D
Canon 1DMk3
Canon 5D
Canon 1Dx Mk3

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.