• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,412
  • Total Topics: 5,705
  • Online today: 193
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 107
  • Total: 107
  • Google
7ds
Temu £100 Coupon bundle o...Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning Resources

Chat for International weekly competition - CIRCLES - 23rd to 29th March

Started by irv_b, March 22, 2009, 11:14:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

irv_b

The subject for this weeks comp is ............ CIRCLES/CIRCULAR

The main subject of your picture should be a circle/ circular or contain something circular
best of luck everyone

THE RULES
                                             1.  All entries to be taken between 00.01 Monday 23rd to 23.59 Sunday 29th March. ( Local UK time )
                                             2.  One entry per per person.
                                             3.  Posting of entries deadline midnight Monday 30th March.
                                             4.  A voting poll will be available from Tuesday to Friday
                                             5.  The winner to choose the topic / theme for the following week and post it on the site no later than midnight Sunday. ( the sooner the better )
                                             6.  Winners to be known as   Cranium International Photo Competition Winner  CIPCW
My Gallery

Don't count the days "Guest," make the days count!.

Hinfrance

Another good idea Irv. I vote that you get the job of setting all of them . .  ;)
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

irv_b

Thanks Howard but I sure don't mind letting other people have the angst of wondering whether its an interesting enough idea  :-\
My Gallery

oRGie

Well decided on my subject for the comp this week and took some shots during the day, but quite a messy background, so got my poop together, tripod, stool so i could see through viewfinder at height, flashgun, off camera cable so I could place the flash and went out at 1am so there wasnt any traffic cos the statue is on a roundabout lol.. this was the scene with no flash..

You can see my entered shot in teh comp thread, but got a couple of others that I liked

and

Got a few funny looks and was beeped a few times at 1.30am on a roundabout with tripod, flash gun in the air stood on a stool lol..  A policeman wandered around too, but he was just being nosy, didnt say anything, can imagine what he was thinking...

irv_b

my entry this week entail a visit to local sweet shop I was gonna shoot those bubbles that you blow into the air or one of my kids blowing a big bubble gum bubble but decided on the polos

Loving the nun shot  what a great statue to have in your town!
Irv
My Gallery

Hinfrance

I've finally decided. I had a few other ideas but lacked the time and props to implement any of them. Very impressed by the highly strung nun image.

I see that Irv is taking a leaf out of jinky's book and is using edible props.

Here's mine. Definitely a cliché, but amazingly I had never ever taken a shot like this before.

Straws Cliché Number Three:

Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

irv_b

My kids were grateful for the sweets, H, as soon as I had finished they devoured them (and they're teenagers not little kids!). Thought you may have gone with number 1 I liked it the most
Irv
My Gallery

Hinfrance

Irv, I've always been indecisive . . thanks for the comment but on balance I prefer the one I've entered because the colours are richer.

Anyway, we'll see how it goes.  :D
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr

guy1970

Decided to enter again this week. Macro of the circular grips on a gardening glove.

Grips

Unfortunately the image does not seem to appear but is clickable.

Guy

Guy

Mick

Guy, that's strange, I can't get it to post either using the bbcode from the gallery.  Maybe it's a one off issue with this image. 

Edit: Looking again in the gallery, this image might be a bit small in dimensions, and it hasn't created a full size image, and the bbcode looks for this.  ???

For now I have used a different code to display your pic.  as below ;)

[url=http://cameracraniums.com/gallery/displayimage.php?pos=-1343][img]http://cameracraniums.com/gallery/albums/userpics/Grips.jpg[/img][/url]

Anyone else having problems posting images?
Thank You, "Guest" For Reading This Post.

My Gallery
Tinyportal.net Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0
Guitarist Guild Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0
The Garden Machinery Forum Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0

OpenSea

guy1970

Quote from: admin on March 29, 2009, 11:10:14 AM
Guy, that's strange, I can't get it to post either using the bbcode from the gallery.  Maybe it's a one off issue with this image. 

Edit: Looking again in the gallery, this image might be a bit small in dimensions, and it hasn't created a full size image, and the bbcode looks for this.  ???

For now I have used a different code to display your pic.  as below ;)

[url=http://cameracraniums.com/gallery/displayimage.php?pos=-1343][img]http://cameracraniums.com/gallery/albums/userpics/Grips.jpg[/img][/url]

Anyone else having problems posting images?

Thanks, may have reduced the image size too much before uploading. Will bear this in mind next week.
Guy

jimthetrain

Nearly forgot to post my entry this week  ::) Done now though.  :tup:  Ended up with the lenses shot as there are certainly plenty of circles in them.

Jim

PS...  Belated congrats to you Northbeach and a big thanks to oRGie for his review of all the shots  :tup: :tup:
BOOZE!!! Helping ugly people have sex.

irv_b

poll is up but locked till the morning hopefully there isn't gonna be any more entries I will unlock it when I get up for work -Irv
My Gallery

alan1572

i was going to make the P alot bigger but didn't have enough polo's :(
Who wanted dry roasted with their pint?

oRGie

I tend to use ACR to adjust the blacks, but there are lots of ways. I find it quite nice being able to also open jpegs in cs3 ACR (Adobe camer raw). I like it because I can use fill light to rescue the shadow areas a little if needed.

Well tough call to critique the shots this week, oldboys is a lovely photo, nature is amazing isnt it :) My vote went to Jims lens and lenscaps shot, just caught my eye as all the entries were techinically what was gone for :)

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.