• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,411
  • Total Topics: 5,704
  • Online today: 297
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 46
  • Total: 46
Wish
Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning ResourcesPhotography and Time of D...

POLL Eye catching images. Everyone can vote.

Started by Reinardina, February 09, 2015, 10:50:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which image would make you pay attention, or look twice?

Image 1

4 (33.3%)
Image 2

1 (8.3%)
Image 3

2 (16.7%)
Image 4

0 (0%)
Image 5

0 (0%)
Image 6

0 (0%)
Image 7

0 (0%)
Image 8

0 (0%)
Image 9

2 (16.7%)
Image 10

3 (25%)

Total Members Voted: 12

Voting closed: February 14, 2015, 10:50:57 AM

Reinardina

In the 'Is it catching' thread, I suggested a more eye catching IOTW might attract more visitors. I don't know if it would, but it gave me an idea to find out what 'eye catching' means for you.

I culled ten images from the gallery, nine of them very old and one more recent one. I chose images that jumped out at me from the thumbnail; as good a way to choose as any, I suppose.

This is not a competition, there are no prizes, it is just a bit of fun. I hope it will revive interest a bit.
The poll is open to everyone, visitors and members.

And maybe the winner could become IOTW? I don't know, I leave that to Mick and the moderators.
As most of the photographers, are not active members any more, the previous IOTW winner's choice, could be put up the week after.

Beauty is bought by judgment of the eye.
Shakespeare. (Love's Labours Lost.)

Beaux Reflets

Out of your selection No1 got my vote - not that I think it is a perfect shot  but simply as the general composition has more appeal than the others.

Photography is so subjective - And the joy is in its diversity  :tup:
:beer: Andy

"Light anchors things in place and gives perspective meaning."

The choices we make are rooted in reflection.

http://beauxreflets.blogspot.com/

Reinardina

Number one was also the image that immediately caught my eye. More so than any of the others.

I did not look for perfection, as I am not able to judge that, just for the 'grab factor.' And that is, of course, a very personal thing.

Ken.

Yes, I would agree that it is subjective  and personal. For me it was number 10 because it is of a human face and because it looks somewhat like a finely drawn pen and ink drawing. My mother was an artist and one of her favorite mediums was pen & ink, so that likely influenced my choice.

Reinardina

Glad you're joining in Ken. The more the merrier.

Hinfrance

Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

Oldboy

I was going to duck the question but choose No. 9 as it's bright, colourful with humour included.  :tup:

Reinardina

DigiDiva

Image 3 for me - the shine, the repetition and the quirkiness
Please visit my website @ www.sunderlandwallart.com

ABERS

The repetition and gleaming smoothness of the tubas  (3) does it for me. Might have been better with the LH instrument cropped out, but that's carping.

Reinardina

It's good to see people's opinions on the different images.

I found all of them, bar number ten, in the archives; among the very early photos to be posted on this forum. I think most were competition entries.

Reinardina

Voting is closed now, and funnily enough, two black and white images took first and second place!

Don't know what this 'teaches' us; apart from the fact, that good images in monochrome are still as eye catching, or even more so, than vividly coloured ones.

Oldboy

Quote from: Reinardina on February 14, 2015, 11:51:55 AM
Don't know what this 'teaches' us; apart from the fact, that good images in monochrome are still as eye catching, or even more so, than vividly coloured ones.

The first one only won because it looked like a poo!  :P :-\ ???

jinky

Late to the party again! I would have gone for 10 as it is the only one that really interested me at all. I didn`t find any truly eye catching  bar that one - then again I am still jet lagged I think and struggling to like any of my own photos from my trip just now!  :(

DigiDiva

This was a great idea Reinardina and maybe worth doing again but with a theme. Maybe pick 10 portraits or 10 landscapes, images with a link rather than totally random. Make choosing easier.
Please visit my website @ www.sunderlandwallart.com

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.