• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,411
  • Total Topics: 5,704
  • Online today: 136
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 137
  • Total: 137
  • Google
parkcameras
Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning ResourcesPhotography and Time of D...

House Martins series

Started by Oldboy, June 14, 2011, 10:23:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oldboy

Here is the series of shots of the House Martins invloved in the Kiss. All were taken using the Nikon 300mm F4 handheld.  :)

The first shot shows the youngster calling to be fed.

This is the shot I used for the Kiss.

In this shot the adult passes the food to the youngster.

This shot shows the adult leaving as the youngster flies off.

This is the last shot showing the distance increasing.

Click each image for bigger size.  :tup:

krennon

Great sequence OB as usual and nice to see the whole story behind the shot, thanks for sharing  :tup:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/keithfransella/

"Everything in moderation including moderation" Oscar Wilde

Oldboy

Thanks krennon, just wanted to show it wasn't a lucky shot, but standing around waiting for something to happen.  :tup:

No House Martins today and I waited around three hours.  :'(

jinky

Nice set oldboy. I wouldn`t have the patience or know where to stand and wait ;)

greypoint

Well caught - proves that observation and patience is the key when it comes to capturing something a little different. And amazing luck to actually have a blue sky and good light - the rule with bird photography is usually the better the light the less likely to see any birds and anything worth capturing usually takes place when it's grey and dull!

Hinfrance

I am full of admiration for the patience of wildlife photographers.

What a cracking set of shots OB, patience rewarded.
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

Oldboy

Quote from: greypoint on June 15, 2011, 06:45:55 AM
Well caught - proves that observation and patience is the key when it comes to capturing something a little different. And amazing luck to actually have a blue sky and good light - the rule with bird photography is usually the better the light the less likely to see any birds and anything worth capturing usually takes place when it's grey and dull!

Tell me about it! Yesterday was nice and sunny but only saw two Swifts and no House Martins.  :'(

michaelb104

Brilliant set of shots OB, your patience was well rewarded  :tup:
Mike

My Flickr   .   My Fluidr

Graham

Why is it that when I look at the first pic, I get that Bolero music in my head?

Dum, di di di dum, di di di dum dum. Dum di di di etc.

Graham. :tup:
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. 

My Gallery
My Flickr Pics

Beaux Reflets

:beer: Andy

"Light anchors things in place and gives perspective meaning."

The choices we make are rooted in reflection.

http://beauxreflets.blogspot.com/

Just Dave

Fabulous set of house martin shots,  :tup: :tup: :tup:

Ive tried many times to get shots of swallows, all I end up with is sky with the odd tail/wing or a blur  :2funny:
Visit Our Website Clicky Linky My Flickr Clicky Linky Scrap Cars Buyer scrapcarsbuyer.co.uk

mondmagu

Super sequence of shots Oldboy,great clarity and a nice story. :tup:

Des
Des
www.flickr.com/photos/mondmagu

Oldboy

Quote from: Graham on June 15, 2011, 04:50:00 PM
  Why is it that when I look at the first pic, I get that Bolero music in my head?

Dum, di di di dum, di di di dum dum. Dum di di di etc.

Graham. :tup:

:2funny: :2funny: :tup:

Oldboy

Quote from: Just Dave on June 15, 2011, 05:30:43 PM
Fabulous set of house martin shots,  :tup: :tup: :tup:

Ive tried many times to get shots of swallows, all I end up with is sky with the odd tail/wing or a blur  :2funny:

Thanks Dave.  :tup:

With Swallows and Swifts you need to watch them for a bit, so you can judge what paths they are following before thinking of taking a shot. Then follow them with your camera trying to keep your focus point on them as they fly around. When you can manage that then, try taking a few shots. Keep trying and you will get the shots you want. The biggest problem is keeping them in the focus point as they are so small they fit inside the box, so when you press the shutter the camera locks onto something in the distance, so giving a blurred shot.  8)

Oldboy

Thanks for all the comments people.  :tup:

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.