• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,412
  • Total Topics: 5,705
  • Online today: 249
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 100
  • Total: 100
If you would like to make a donation to help with the running costs of the site, then a donation button has been added to the bottom of the page.  Thanks.
Temu £100 Coupon bundle o...Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning Resources

ARTIFICIAL-CHAT-Weekly Comp 13-20/03 2016

Started by Hinfrance, March 13, 2016, 09:48:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hinfrance

CHAT - ARTIFICIAL - Weekly Challenge 13th to 20th March 2016

The entries thread is HERE

This week's theme is ARTIFICIAL. Artificial anything: flowers, intelligence, food, or . . . . ? Anything fake or pretending to be something it is not.

No restrictions on PP.

Pictures to be taken between now and Sunday 20th March 2016, 23:59.
Pictures to be posted in the entries thread no later than 23:59pm Monday 21st March 2016.
Poll will be up Tuesday 22nd March 2016.
Winner to be announced Saturday 19th March 2016.

The Rules for the weekly competition are...

By entering you agree to take responsibility to

Post a topic on the Sunday (or sooner) following your declared win
Create an entries thread
Create a chat thread
Create a poll for that weeks comp and declare the winner on the Saturday
(if for any reason there is a problem and no subject is posted by the winner by Monday night admin will advise second place winner to post the topic asap, do the poll etc)

In case of a tie, the first entry posted wins.
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

Reinardina

This should not be difficult. The world is full of artifice and fake.

Beauty is bought by judgment of the eye.
Shakespeare. (Love's Labours Lost.)

michaelb104

Hi, after saying hello a few weeks ago I seem to have been absent.  So I've made an effort and posted an image for the comp, but the trouble it has been that long that I have forgotten  how to do stuff.  I think I have managed to get the image in the entry thread ok but it seems tiny, so just off to make tea for the other half and then come back and try and get a proper image size.

I am still amazed how quickly how to do stuff falls out of my head as I age, at this rate by the time I get to the top of the stairs I'll have forgotten how to walk down!
Mike

My Flickr   .   My Fluidr

Hinfrance

Just fixed it for you Michael. You simply need to copy and paste the BBCode Full Size from the image page. :tup:
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

michaelb104

Brilliant, thanks Howard.  I'm sure I'll get the hang of it again - eventually  :)
Mike

My Flickr   .   My Fluidr

jinky

Finally got an entry together. Took a few liberties with a Hotel Chocolat product but as said elsewhere not as much of a liberty as they do with their prices. This will have to be Sue`s easter egg I think - if it lasts that long.

Hinfrance

Miserable weather yet again, and I got covered in mud walking down the the fly fishing club's artificial lake. I've been rather busy this week trying to sort out a replacement pair of near field monitors* for my music workstation.

* or 'speakers' as Mrs H calls them. That's like calling an F1 car a hatchback ;)
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr

Reinardina

Reinardina

Good to see you back with your creative images Paul.

I went through the whole rigmarole: artificial flowers, but they were in a shop, so I could not really 'do' anything with them,
the artificial boating lake on the local Common, and an artificial (concrete) riverbank, but in both cases, the weather was dull, which resulted in rather dull shots, and I wanted something colourful.
So, I shot an artificial (mug) tree instead. Nice and dry and warm, in my own kitchen. (By the way the sun is blazing down at the moment, but too late for the competition.)

(mug)TREE

jinky

See from the poll that the ongoing votes are not showing. Don`t know if it is deliberate or not but I quite like the mystery involved.  Be interesting to see how it pans out on Saturday as a surprise.

Reinardina

I must admit, I do not like it! If I'm in with a chance of winning, I like to be prepared.

Hinfrance

Should be showing now - I clicked the wrong radio button. Having a bit of PC trouble at the moment - not with the PC. but with software licences - all the expensive ones (not Adobe though) have disappeared after my SSD had a funny five minutes  :o
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr

Oldboy

Sorry, but I missed this one due to a router problems.  :'(

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.