• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,411
  • Total Topics: 5,704
  • Online today: 178
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 140
  • Total: 140
  • Bingbot
parkcameras
Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning ResourcesPhotography and Time of D...

Is it that Time of Year again, already!

Started by ABERS, November 06, 2012, 02:35:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Beaux Reflets

It will be interesting to see what happens in the Courts of Law regarding the images, breach in Privacy of the Royal couple a few weeks ago.

In respect to Tourism, my guess is that folk should respect the Laws of the country they visit, or face the consequences!

In regard to sites like Facebook, the picture sharing is usually "friend based" so any breach of Privacy should be traceable; Folk get taken to Court for posting "bad things"on Twitter etc., and as things are all about money these days, I guess it will not be long before the Privacy Law suits start where both Legal Eagles and victims may benefit financially, after all the Internet is part and parcel of "Civistreet".
:beer: Andy

"Light anchors things in place and gives perspective meaning."

The choices we make are rooted in reflection.

http://beauxreflets.blogspot.com/

Hinfrance

Just found another exception - group of people where the focus is not on one specifically - ie bunch of mates on Facebook.

Also it looks like following a 2009 ruling the if you have created a public profile somewhere on the web then you can't complain if pictures of you are added to the web - but that ruling was a bit vague and hasn't been further tested.

But for all the rhetoric it still looks like most 'issues' are resolved with the equivalent of take down notices.
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

Beaux Reflets

Quote from: Hinfrance on November 08, 2012, 10:59:14 AM
Also it looks like following a 2009 ruling the if you have created a public profile somewhere on the web then you can't complain if pictures of you are added to the web - but that ruling was a bit vague and hasn't been further tested.

I think that maybe in respect to, just the pictures you have uploaded being duplicated by others, rather than new photographs or altered imagess of you taken or edited by others being up loaded or re- posted (in the case of re-edited images) by other's without your permission.
:beer: Andy

"Light anchors things in place and gives perspective meaning."

The choices we make are rooted in reflection.

http://beauxreflets.blogspot.com/

ABERS

Hinfrance

That's what happens with conversations . . I guess we all quickly lost interest in the aforementioned portraits. ???
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

jinky

This link seems helpful for photography in France and some wonderful images too  ;)
http://photothisandthat.co.uk/2012/02/15/the-french-privacy-law/

I must admit I seem to have breached their rules regularly and act same as here -  for close up shots I always ask, always concur if they say no and try to show them the results and offer a copy if they give me an email address if they like it. More distant crowd shots are another matter and I suppose it depends on whether people see it and take action. The laws here too do not necessarily mean you can take a picture of someone in a public place and do what you want with it. If you use it to defame or insult in some way you are open to a law suit too.

TW images - everything I have come to expect and limited talent on show there I fear. Reminds me of the shots another person did in that last exhibition I did - all words describing the scenario with no real substance or meaning in the image.

Hinfrance

You've got it there jinky - the TW list was mostly space around portraits, not your actual portraits.

As I said in my first post on the French droit a l'image stuff, most people like having their picture taken anyway, so it's only the odd barrack room lawyer who gets narky.
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.