• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,411
  • Total Topics: 5,704
  • Online today: 136
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 135
  • Total: 135
  • Google
wex
Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning ResourcesPhotography and Time of D...

DISTANCE: CHAT: Weekly Comp 23/10 to 30/10/2016

Started by Hinfrance, October 23, 2016, 03:05:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hinfrance

DISTANCE:

CHAT THREAD

The Entries thread is HERE

This week's theme is DISTANCE: a photograph to show distance either literally as in far away (like the moon or the view into a distant valley) or figuratively as in the distance between cultures, attitudes, wealth etc. Take your pick.

Pictures to be taken preferably between now and Sunday 30th October 2016, 23:59, or enter one from your Personal / Camera Cranium Archives if you prefer. Pictures to be posted in the entries thread no later than 23:59pm Monday 31st October 2016. Poll will be up Tuesday 1st November 2016.

Winner to be announced Saturday 5th November 2016.

The Rules for the weekly competition are...

By entering you agree to take responsibility to

Post a topic on the Sunday (or sooner) following your declared win
Create an entries thread
Create a chat thread
Create a poll for that weeks comp and declare the winner on the Saturday
(if for any reason there is a problem and no subject is posted by the winner by Monday night admin will advise second place winner to post the topic asap, do the poll etc)

In case of a tie, the first entry posted (or earliest archive shot if applicable) wins.
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

jinky

Plans to head off to wetherby races to shoot have been scuppered for today so I`m in with an old  racing themed shot re-worked. One furlong to go. If I get the chance to go to Wetherby tomorrow I may aim for a better shot.

David Blandford

I am not going to have a lot of time over the weekend, so I took this shot quickly this week, I am in with a Long Way across.

still trying to paint with light!!

Hinfrance

Still trying to get the shot I finally decided on as my 'big idea'. I have a back up if that comes to nought (as is looking increasingly likely).
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

Reinardina

I found it very difficult to get 'what I wanted,' and have posted three entries. (Two removed.)

Today, for the first time in months, I felt like taking my camera for a walk, to see what I could get. The weather was far from enticing (anticyclonic gloom), but hey, I was out again, and looking for victims/targets.

Not many people about, so I thought to shoot some distant runners for the competition. Not sure if this one is distant enough, so I decided she is a long distance runner, to cover all eventualities.

Editing, surrounded by Beethoven's 5th piano concerto, followed by his 5th symphony; great rousing, humpty tumpty music! Very uplifting, just what I need.

I am now in with my Runner (Long Distance).

Beauty is bought by judgment of the eye.
Shakespeare. (Love's Labours Lost.)

Hinfrance

I managed to get the kind of shot that I was after, although not exactly as well done as I would have liked. The trouble was I waited for nearly half an hour and this was the only truck that went past:

Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr

Reinardina

Well, at least you had the weather. I was hanging around to catch a runner in the grey murk. But it was not cold, so not too bad.

Beauty is bought by judgment of the eye.
Shakespeare. (Love's Labours Lost.)

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.