• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,411
  • Total Topics: 5,704
  • Online today: 297
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 174
  • Total: 174
parkcameras
Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning ResourcesPhotography and Time of D...

CHAT: "Photograph a Photograph" Feb 3 - 9

Started by spikeyjen, February 01, 2014, 09:37:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

spikeyjen

This week's theme  is "Photograph a Photograph"

Any interpretation of the theme. No restrictions on Post Processing. As long as there is evidence that another photo has been used in this photo!

Think: using a photograph as a background
Think: Holding a photo of an area/ building and showing what it looks like now

Pictures to be taken between 00.01am Monday 3rd Feb to 23:59 Sunday 9th Feb, 2014.
Pictures to be posted in the entries thread no later than 23.59pm Monday 10th  Feb 2014.
Poll will be up Tuesday 11 th Feb, 2014.
Winner to be announced Saturday 15th Feb, 2014.

The Rules for the weekly competition are...

By entering you agree to take responsibility to
Post a topic on the Sunday following your declared win
Create an entries thread
Create a chat thread
Create a poll for that weeks comp and declare the winner on the Saturday
(if for any reason there is a problem and no subject is posted by the winner by Monday night admin will advise second place winner to post the topic asap, do the poll etc.)

In case of a tie, the first entry posted wins.

Photos to be taken during the specified dates, ie Monday xx to Sunday xx

Pictures to be posted in the entries thread no later than 23.59 Monday night.

Jediboy

Interesting. Good opportunities here.
Good theme.
May the Force be with you.

Chris

Andrew

Does that mean i need an 'actual print'? - you know, those things from the days of film?
Think I might have one or two laying around in the loft  :2funny:
1 body, 1 lens, 1 flash gun, 1 tripod, 1 cable release & 1 filter. Keeping it simple!
(I lied, just got a second lens!)

DigiDiva

Im not sure I can understand the spirit of this theme...*scratches her head*
Please visit my website @ www.sunderlandwallart.com

DigiDiva

Just had a light bulb moment.............I know exactly what I want to do... whoooooo

Kerry Holt

ok so does the photograph in our photograph need to be taken by us too?
:doh:

Beaux Reflets

Quote from: kerry holt on February 02, 2014, 05:49:44 PM
ok so does the photograph in our photograph need to be taken by us too?
:doh:

Depends what you feel about © Copyrights I guess  :2funny:
:beer: Andy

"Light anchors things in place and gives perspective meaning."

The choices we make are rooted in reflection.

http://beauxreflets.blogspot.com/

spikeyjen

OK, I've had a good laugh at your responses (esp the 1 or 2 photos in the loft!)
No, the photo does not have to be taken by you
Copyright aside, if you choose to make money from someone else's photo, that's your choice.

spikeyjen

I've had fun with this, it's so hot you can't go outside so I've played inside. Yes, my inspiration has come from the link I posted last week. Not sure if this is my entry yet, might play some more

My 'photo' is of the cat's face. it's titled 'That's my dinner!'

DigiDiva

Beaux Reflets

Quote from: spikeyjen on February 02, 2014, 09:06:27 PM
OK, I've had a good laugh at your responses (esp the 1 or 2 photos in the loft!)
Copyright aside, if you choose to make money from someone else's photo, that's your choice.

While I raised the point upon Copyright, it has nothing to do with money! Works created by someone are a creative extension of that person, and for me it is simply a matter of Respect for one another's property!  ;)

SimonW

I missed last week when I found my best idea wouldn't work, by which time others had used my back-up ideas. So this week I've got in first.

I did take both the photos though the one in the shot is (cough) years old.
Simon Warren
(in Dunning, Scotland)

spikeyjen

Quote from: Beaux Reflets on February 03, 2014, 10:11:06 AM

While I raised the point upon Copyright, it has nothing to do with money! Works created by someone are a creative extension of that person, and for me it is simply a matter of Respect for one another's property!  ;)

I couldn't agree more Andy, it is about respect for another person's photograph,and all too often we hear about photographers who take other images and alter them and mark then as their own work and get away with it - That's sad
But I don't see it as copyright to use another image as a background or a prop for a challenge like this where no-one makes any money, no-one is selling it, and we can all get a little pleasure in seeing what we come up with. If someone wants to take that a step further and promote it as their own, then they have to take the consequences. The fact is that some people will do just that (hopefully no one here!!).

Beaux Reflets

Quote from: spikeyjen on February 07, 2014, 07:34:17 AM
Quote from: Beaux Reflets on February 03, 2014, 10:11:06 AM

I couldn't agree more Andy, it is about respect for another person's photograph,and all too often we hear about photographers who take other images and alter them and mark then as their own work and get away with it - That's sad
But I don't see it as copyright to use another image as a background or a prop for a challenge like this where no-one makes any money, no-one is selling it, and we can all get a little pleasure in seeing what we come up with. If someone wants to take that a step further and promote it as their own, then they have to take the consequences. The fact is that some people will do just that (hopefully no one here!!).

It is a matter of where to draw the line and ethics Jen.

I recently saw a compilation image of HRH Prince Charles edited into a shot of a submerged car, with a speech bubble quoting boll..ks. Satirical? Highly offensive? Dry humour? The reference was to the flooding in the Somerset Levels following his visit and a donation from the Prince's funds. The point being, if you open up loose on the basis of no aspect in money, or let the thin edge of the wedge in, things can become dire or taken in the wrong way! - For satirical humour effect a cartoon drawing perhaps, expressing a point of view or intention in purpose. I can only assume the composer owned copyright of both components ?  :-\

A street shot taken of a bill board is fine while "borrowing" others work without consent is sick.

kerbside

Well I have been playing around with an old picture that I took of Bath weir along with a hand double that I have borrowed from the internet and have come up with this.
It is a picture of a picture of a picture it may fit this weeks theme.

You have to be in to win but winning is not everything, it's participating that counts.
http://www.fluidr.com/photos/kerbside

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.