• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,412
  • Total Topics: 5,705
  • Online today: 158
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 57
  • Total: 57
photobox
Temu £100 Coupon bundle o...Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning Resources

question (s) for clikpic users

Started by Sarasocke, February 16, 2010, 09:42:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Forseti

Oh poor old Sara - from what I read she had a right battle through her life what with a bad heart, broken leg and otherwise pretty much down and out. At least it sounds as though you gave her a final good and happy two and half more years. Nice site so far - bright and clean. Well done,  :tup: I'll keep popping back from time to time.
Canon 7D,  Canon SX1 IS, EF100 f/2.8 USM Macro, EF70-200 f/4 L IS USM, EF17-40 f/4 L USM, Sigma 50mm f/1.4 EX DG HSM, Canon Speedlite 580EX MkII

"Everyone can take a great picture with digital, the knack is to take two" - David Bailey

Sarasocke

Thanks !
I have the good fortune that a friend of mine is a retired German teacher - she's checking all my texts for me.
If any of you German speakers should find any howlers, do let me know :)

Any other crits or suggestions welcome :)
Carol aka Sarasocke 
My Gallery

ABERS

Looks good Carol. The fact that the title and the list of sections overlap is because you have the sections wording fonts too large.
I had this trouble and had two choices, reduce the font size or reduce the wording in the sections. E.G. Kontakt minus the impressum.

Try it to see if it makes a difference,

Viel Gluck!

Forseti

Quote from: ABERS on February 18, 2010, 06:39:09 PM
The fact that the title and the list of sections overlap is because you have the sections wording fonts too large.

How strange - they don't overlap when viewed on my monitor.
Canon 7D,  Canon SX1 IS, EF100 f/2.8 USM Macro, EF70-200 f/4 L IS USM, EF17-40 f/4 L USM, Sigma 50mm f/1.4 EX DG HSM, Canon Speedlite 580EX MkII

"Everyone can take a great picture with digital, the knack is to take two" - David Bailey

Sarasocke

Carol aka Sarasocke 
My Gallery

picsfor

the issue i think is back to template size and screen size.

If i view my site on the iMac i don't have to perform any scrolling.
If i view it on the 13.3 inch laptop it has loads of scrolling.
If the site template occupies a minimum width of 1400 pixels and the screen is set to 1080x760 or similar - scrolling must take place or a work around must occur.
This is one of the great debates with the WWC3 standards - how to code a site to cover all platforms, browsers and screen sizes.
The reality is - it can't be done. What you do have to do is make sure that you comply with an regulatory requirements for the country with which it is based and targeted (eg. .co.uk means it has to meet UK requirements)

Clikpic templates cover most options and the occasional bit of scrolling is nothing to worry about - but text overlap is something that can be resolved as suggested by Alan if you get enough comments.
Not all of us in the UK speak or German so it is no big deal.
I have no cramping of your screen on the Mac but do get severe scroll on the laptop with no text overlap. I think that is down to how Firefox on my laptop handles it.
Still a lovely site and stick with it.

Sarasocke

So, changed it a bit now - does it fit better ?
Carol aka Sarasocke 
My Gallery

ABERS

Perfectly Carol. :tup:

My German is very rusty and I enjoyed trying to translate your copy! :-\

Sarasocke

OK, I've heard from clikpic - it's not possible to move the "next" and "previous" buttons in the gallery  >:(

I'll have to try something completely different, slide shows or something. As it is it looks really silly with the buttons in the middle of the text.

Back to the drawing board  :legit:
Carol aka Sarasocke 
My Gallery

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.