• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,412
  • Total Topics: 5,705
  • Online today: 249
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 50
  • Total: 50
If you would like to make a donation to help with the running costs of the site, then a donation button has been added to the bottom of the page.  Thanks.
Temu £100 Coupon bundle o...Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning Resources

Poll for Little Bit of History

Started by jinky, May 30, 2017, 06:06:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which is your favourite on brief?

1940`s Haworth

1 (8.3%)
The Dying Gladiator

0 (0%)
History of Sunderland

4 (33.3%)
Chateau Bridoire

4 (33.3%)
The Age of Steam

1 (8.3%)
Farm worker's cottage

1 (8.3%)
Guildhall

1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 12

Voting closed: June 03, 2017, 06:06:49 PM

jinky

Oldboy

A draw between DD and Hinfrance. Well done both.  :tup:

As you posted first DigiDiva the choice of topic is yours.  :)

Reinardina

My vote went to Howard's picture, as I am sure I voted for the Sunderland sunset in the past. I think it won then too.

Beauty is bought by judgment of the eye.
Shakespeare. (Love's Labours Lost.)

kerbside

Can you enter the same picture on more than one occasion in the competition thread?????? I thought not but please advise.

You have to be in to win but winning is not everything, it's participating that counts.
http://www.fluidr.com/photos/kerbside

jinky

:legit:I don't remember it in a comp before but there's never been stated a rule against entering it twice. Before we were allowed to use old shots it was never an issue and nothing was prescribed against it. I'd have problems remembering if I'd entered one before :D. My vote went to H with DD 's a close runner up. I didn't think it summed up Sunderland 's history fully as there was no indication of relegation from the Premier League  ;D  :legit:. We'll done both and honours to DD for posting first

kerbside

Ok, great, that answered that. Don't get on here enough to really worry about it just good for reference.

You have to be in to win but winning is not everything, it's participating that counts.
http://www.fluidr.com/photos/kerbside

DigiDiva

Thanks for the votes and also well done to  Howard too. I don't keep a list of photos previously entered so apologies if I broke any rules.

Will get on to a new theme later today as I'm tidy g up the house after a little party last night!
Please visit my website @ www.sunderlandwallart.com

Hinfrance

Quote from: kerbside on June 03, 2017, 09:14:48 PM
Can you enter the same picture on more than one occasion in the competition thread?????? I thought not but please advise.

No reason why not, I don't think anyone has posed the question before. I can't see that it matters if it fits the brief.
And well done DD for pipping me at the post there. Looking forward to seeing what you come up for next week. In the meantime I need to edit my 'Modern' picture - I just missed getting a photo of a Renault Zoe this morning - that would have been better than what I've got.
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

jinky

Quote from: Hinfrance on June 04, 2017, 12:20:14 PM
Quote from: kerbside on June 03, 2017, 09:14:48 PM

No reason why not, I don't think anyone has posed the question before. I can't see that it matters if it fits the brief.
And well done DD for pipping me at the post there. Looking forward to seeing what you come up for next week. In the meantime I need to edit my 'Modern' picture - I just missed getting a photo of a Renault Zoe this morning - that would have been better than what I've got.

A Renault Zoe - where do they come up with these names for car models! :uglystupid2: This woman didn`t like the idea:
http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/weird-news/woman-called-zoe-renault-protests-223171

She`s not thought of the statement "It goes like a Zoe".

Hinfrance

Zoe is a contraction of 'zero emission'. So now you know. :)
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

Oldboy

Quote from: Hinfrance on June 04, 2017, 03:10:53 PM
Zoe is a contraction of 'zero emission'. So now you know. :)

You mean she doesn't fart!  :2funny:

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.