• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,414
  • Total Topics: 5,707
  • Online today: 129
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 130
  • Total: 130
millets
Microphone Arm,Aokeo AK-4...Sennheiser Profile USB Mi...Temu £100 Coupon bundle o...Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...

What annoyed you today?

Started by greypoint, August 13, 2009, 07:52:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

spinner

Nothing photographic or even computerish. I have an espresso machine with a built in grinder. It has stopped grinding. I found several web sites that recommend the same solution. Run uncooked white rice through it. Did that ended up with a spotless grinder & a cup or more of sandlike ground rice. So the grindy bit works & the extrusion chute isnt plugged. But it still WON'T GRIND COFFEE. I'm annoyed, beffudled and extremely frustrated. I suspect the beans, but i've had this machine for years & used the same brand of beans for years.
And more, much more than this, I did it my way
Ol' blue eyes

http://ddsdigita4.wix.com/ddsdigital
https://www.flickr.com/photos/spin498/

Jediboy

That's strange spinner.
I use a variety of beans in my machine and some won't grind (usually ones that have a greasy coating) but it's strange that your regular beans won't grind.
If you're like me you need good coffee in the morning. Good luck with it.
May the Force be with you.

Chris

Graham

Quote from: anglefire on January 17, 2015, 08:01:30 PM
Graham, I guess it depends. And this is only as I understand!

If you have upgraded from one to the other, then only the last one could be sold as long as you are no longer using it and is properly uninstalled as I think even the outright version phones home and checks the license.
That's the way I would imagine it to be. I'd probably hang on to them as some sort of back up/safety net.
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. 

My Gallery
My Flickr Pics

Oldboy

Quote from: Graham on January 18, 2015, 08:29:40 AM

If you have upgraded from one to the other, then only the last one could be sold as long as you are no longer using it and is properly uninstalled as I think even the outright version phones home and checks the license.
That's the way I would imagine it to be. I'd probably hang on to them as some sort of back up/safety net.

If you have upgraded from each version then you need each, to prove you had a full commercial copy to start with. If you have brought full priced copies then you have the right to sell them separately.  :tup:

Graham

Quote from: Oldboy on January 18, 2015, 08:44:05 AM

If you have upgraded from each version then you need each, to prove you had a full commercial copy to start with. If you have brought full priced copies then you have the right to sell them separately.  :tup:

Bought CS2 and LR2 and upgraded. Do Adobe take any account of this If I go to CC or do I pay the same as a first timer? I can't find anything on Adobe's site.
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. 

My Gallery
My Flickr Pics

StephenBatey

Quote from: anglefire on January 16, 2015, 08:08:12 PM
Are there any differences to CS6 and the rental version?

Not that I plan to go to monthly subscriptions (Office or Photoshop) just curious.

This link takes you to a post on another forum that lists differences.

http://www.photoanswers.co.uk/Community-Landing/Forum-Landing/Forum-Categories/Topic/?&topic-id=506748

I'm still on CS2...
Both income tax and lockdowns were introduced as temporary measures by the government.

donoreo

Quote from: Graham on January 18, 2015, 09:26:03 AM
Quote from: Oldboy on January 18, 2015, 08:44:05 AM

Bought CS2 and LR2 and upgraded. Do Adobe take any account of this If I go to CC or do I pay the same as a first timer? I can't find anything on Adobe's site.
Monthly is the same for everyone (depending on the sale they may have had on at the time but it seems to always be "on sale"). 

ABERS

HSBC weasling out of misdoings by stating we don't do it anymore.

It's akin to Harold Shipman saying he had given up killing O.A.P so it's all right now, or the Mafia or the IRA stating their new stance on murder and extortion obviates them from prosecution.

Mmmmm.... come to think of it hasn't that happened in one case?

Hinfrance

I don't have a problem with tax avoidance - that's just playing the tax man at his own game - but tax evasion, if it proves to have taken place, is criminal, like paying someone cash in hand.

And true to form the legal efforts so far have been directed towards trying to jail the whistle blower for breach of confidentiality. Got to love those Swiss bankers.
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

Oldboy

Cloud, cloud and more cloud. When we have a low sitting over us we have cloud. This week we have a high sitting over us but we still have cloud! When  don't we have cloud? Went out today and walked all over Sandwell Valley but because of the bloody cloud, didn't get the camera out once.  :'( :'( >:(

donoreo

Quote from: Oldboy on February 10, 2015, 09:47:32 PM
Cloud, cloud and more cloud. When we have a low sitting over us we have cloud. This week we have a high sitting over us but we still have cloud! When  don't we have cloud? Went out today and walked all over Sandwell Valley but because of the bloody cloud, didn't get the camera out once.  :'( :'( >:(
Cloudy days are good for moody monos! 

spinner

APPLE, Yosemite and iTunes, in that order. After being nagged for weeks by the App Store to download and install Yosemite, I did.  Immediately on booting into Yosemite, it told me to update iTunes, which I did. ALL my music was gone. All my playlists were gone. What happened to this "it just works" mantra. None of my website credentials patched over, I've spent the last couple of days using the "I forgot my password" options on several of my bookmarked sites. Okay, so the software upgrade was free but the transition hasn't been very smooth.  :(
Ol' blue eyes

donoreo

Quote from: spinner on February 12, 2015, 01:30:26 PM
APPLE, Yosemite and iTunes, in that order. After being nagged for weeks by the App Store to download and install Yosemite, I did.  Immediately on booting into Yosemite, it told me to update iTunes, which I did. ALL my music was gone. All my playlists were gone. What happened to this "it just works" mantra. None of my website credentials patched over, I've spent the last couple of days using the "I forgot my password" options on several of my bookmarked sites. Okay, so the software upgrade was free but the transition hasn't been very smooth.  :(
I have heard of the "lost" music problem before.  I am sure there is a simple fix for it.  On the flipside I upgraded to Yosemite without issue last fall on the day it was released. 

spinner

Quote from: donoreo on February 12, 2015, 02:13:16 PM
Quote from: spinner on February 12, 2015, 01:30:26 PM
I have heard of the "lost" music problem before.  I am sure there is a simple fix for it.  On the flipside I upgraded to Yosemite without issue last fall on the day it was released.

I just rescanned for media and let it run overnight and got everything back, but I still have to rebuild my playlists. So, it's annoying none the less.
Ol' blue eyes

donoreo

You will probably want to run disc utility and rebuild permissions as well. 

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.