• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,414
  • Total Topics: 5,707
  • Online today: 92
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 111
  • Total: 111
wex
Microphone Arm,Aokeo AK-4...Sennheiser Profile USB Mi...Temu £100 Coupon bundle o...Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...

What annoyed you today?

Started by greypoint, August 13, 2009, 07:52:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Geoff

Getting Lady Bird to play ball while trying to take a macro shot of it   :) :knuppel2:

Geoff

Oldboy

Came back from Earlswood today on the train. Went to get off at Snow Hill but the people who wanted to board the train stood in front of the doors didn't want to move to let me off. A girl got off but had to squeeze past the on the side. As I had my Pro Trekker 600 AW with the two side pouch's on there was no way I could squeeze off like the girl did. It took them thirty seconds to give me enough room so I could alight. Whilst getting off I did suggest they allowed people room to alight before trying to board the train. Why have good manners cease to exist?  >:( >:( >:(

Jediboy

I'm with you on the issue of manners Oldboy.
All too often I'm left standing open mouthed at the rudeness of some people. It's it difficult say please pr thank you, or show some patience.  >:(
May the Force be with you.

Chris

Geoff

Manners do not exist any more, I was on a train  a  few years  ago, it was when I 1st got my wheel chair 
I only have one  hand so was    struggling to get  my  chair a and kit of  at llandudno station  there  was a lot 
of people on the  platform and they would not give me  any  room or  help me  and  before I  got  to  get my 
stuff  of the train  the doors closed leaving my chair on the platform and me on  the train  nightmare  I had   
to do a 15  mile round trip and  an  hour  and  a  half later I got  my chair  back

Geoff

anglefire

I had someone on the Motorway this morning - I was on the outside lane (of 2) as I was faster than the inside lot and behind someone else. I spotted this chap come down the inside lane, undertake and then pull out in front of me. Bearing in mind I was only 20' behind the car on the inside of me, I gave him a long flash to suggest he was a complete w****r and got a friendly one fingered wave in reply.
----------------------------------
Mark
* A HISTORY OF THE UNIVERSE - THE SHORT STORY* 'Hydrogen is a light, odourless gas, which, given enough time, turns into people.'

CPS Gold Member
My Website

Current Bodies:
Canon 1Dx
Canon R3
Canon R5

Sold Bodies:
Canon 350D
Canon 1DMk3
Canon 5D
Canon 1Dx Mk3

ABERS

To get home and find that a large Grey Heron had raided the fish pond and pinched a medium sized golden carp, weighing about a couple of pounds. My wife saw it through the kitchen window, on the patio struggling to swallow it, rushed out and chased it away, making it drop the fish.

Unfortunately it had been fatally speared. The funeral is tomorrow. No flowers please, donations can be made to  the Heron Taxidermy Society.   ;) :legit:

DigiDiva

I stuffed a salmon the other week, tasted delicious....
Please visit my website @ www.sunderlandwallart.com

Andrew

Quote from: Oldboy on April 10, 2014, 08:28:39 PM
Came back from Earlswood today on the train. Went to get off at Snow Hill but the people who wanted to board the train stood in front of the doors didn't want to move to let me off. A girl got off but had to squeeze past the on the side. As I had my Pro Trekker 600 AW with the two side pouch's on there was no way I could squeeze off like the girl did. It took them thirty seconds to give me enough room so I could alight. Whilst getting off I did suggest they allowed people room to alight before trying to board the train. Why have good manners cease to exist?  >:( >:( >:(

Believe it or not, such behaviour is encouraged by the station staff as they are 'pressured' to get passengers off and on asap - penalty fines and discippline depend on it.
An ever burgeoning managers have been recruited to examine such statistics and haggle over who to blame - at the expense of a reduction in guards and platfrom staff who could actually reduce such incidents. It is an industry wide thing that is totally down to railway privatisation. A unified passenger network would not have such issues.  :-\

1 body, 1 lens, 1 flash gun, 1 tripod, 1 cable release & 1 filter. Keeping it simple!
(I lied, just got a second lens!)

Andrew

Quote from: Geoff MW6GCN on April 10, 2014, 08:50:38 PM
Maners do not excist anymore, I had a  was on a train  a  few years  ago, it was when I 1st got my wheel chair 
I only have one  hand so was    struggling to get  my  chair a and kit of  at llandudno station  there  was a lot 
of people on the  platform and they would not give me  any  room or  help me  and  before I  got  to  get my 
stuff  of the train  the doors closed leaving my chair on the platform and me on  the train  nightmare  I had   
to do a 15  mile round trip and  an  hour  and  a  half later I got  my chair  back

Geoff

The issue of managing disabled passengers (that is how you are classified with a wheel chair) is still a thorny issue. Whilst legislation states you must be able to get on and off a train at any station, the reality is this is not a practicle exercise for all stations or trains providing the service. To give an example of how muddled the thinking is:

A railway company that operates express, semi stopping and stopping services over a particular route put forward an instruction that on Sundays & BH's when the service is reduced over weekday services, drivers of express services where supposed to stop a train doing 90-100mph to ask wheel chair user had they waited long, were they ok and where were they going. This information would then be passed onto the signaller who would route to the company's controllers who would then get a train specially stopped or a platform person out of their hut to deal with said wheelchair passenger. Now, before you start crying with laughter - consider this: a train doing 90-100mph requires over 1/2 mile to stop under best circumstances. I know of only a couple of stations in the UK that approach 1/4 mile in length, let alone 1/2 mile - so by the time the driver stopped they would be pass the station and not alone to set back and often driver would not see passenger until half way down platform. In some areas stations are not even a half mile apart!

I remember the drivers suggesting they should fit parachutes to the trains or retro rockets to help them with the task of stopping. Not sure of the rule still exists - but it does show the muddled thinking that exists... SWT do not even allow mobility scooters on their trains as they create a severe safety hazard by blocking all walkways from one end of a coach to the other and so splits the train in half!
1 body, 1 lens, 1 flash gun, 1 tripod, 1 cable release & 1 filter. Keeping it simple!
(I lied, just got a second lens!)

Reinardina

It took me 32 minutes to change the name on the electricity account In between answering questions, there was endless muzak and sales talk. They even invited me to follow them on facebook and Twitter.
Who follows a utility company on social websites? And why?

Beauty is bought by judgment of the eye.
Shakespeare. (Love's Labours Lost.)

Oldboy

Quote from: Reinardina on April 16, 2014, 05:21:00 PM

People who have no friends!  :'(

Jediboy

Quote from: Oldboy on April 16, 2014, 07:17:04 PM

It is a little bit weird!

Chris

Reinardina

Quote from: Jediboy on April 16, 2014, 07:21:34 PM
Quote from: Oldboy on April 16, 2014, 07:17:04 PM

It is a little bit weird!

You can also follow my local bus company on Twitter. Must be fun.

Beauty is bought by judgment of the eye.
Shakespeare. (Love's Labours Lost.)

Oldboy

Quote from: Reinardina on April 16, 2014, 08:19:30 PM

You can also follow my local bus company on Twitter. Must be fun.

The the last thing you need to get stuck behind a local bus!  :-* :2funny:

Jediboy

Cool. I NEED to follow that.  ;)

Chris

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.