• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,414
  • Total Topics: 5,707
  • Online today: 104
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 101
  • Total: 101
  • Google
millets
Microphone Arm,Aokeo AK-4...Sennheiser Profile USB Mi...Temu £100 Coupon bundle o...Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...

What annoyed you today?

Started by greypoint, August 13, 2009, 07:52:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jinky

Sounds good Andrew. I decided this morning that I stop shooting weddings and the like and fold photographybypauldishman for weddings etc at the end of March 2015. At that point i`ll probably sell all my dslr gear and be looking for something just like this one - or it`s updated equivalent. Cannot see any references to it on Fuji site though

Andrew

official announcement on the 28th January - pop over to www.FujiRumors.com to get the low down and all the trolling  :knuppel2:

And better still, with the 35mm lens on the front, it will still fit on my coat pocket so no need to carry a bag around etc, like currently done with the X-Pro 1.
Though rarely pressing the shutter button - the camera pretty much goes every where when I'm wearing a coat - because it's no more an inconvenience than my iPhone or wallet!

Last time i went to London for a day with a fellow tog, he thought I'd turned up without kit until he realised how compact the X-Pro 1 with 35mm lens is. I did have a tripod that reduced to just 14inches as well - but for a day out, hardly back breaking stuff
1 body, 1 lens, 1 flash gun, 1 tripod, 1 cable release & 1 filter. Keeping it simple!
(I lied, just got a second lens!)

Hinfrance

Gosh, it looks like a 'proper' camera. I also looks to be about the same price as a decent used car, so a bit too rich for me. I'll have to stick with my Pentax DSLRs, not least because they are all weather sealed (one of the reasons I got them in the first place). And to be fair, if I was going to spend that much money on myself I'd buy a pukka Les Paul.
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

Graham

Quote from: Hinfrance on January 23, 2014, 01:46:52 PM
And to be fair, if I was going to spend that much money on myself I'd buy a pukka Les Paul.

I know just the place!   :tup:

Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. 

My Gallery
My Flickr Pics

Hinfrance

A little more than I had in mind Graham  :o . Not a fan of the gold tops, and certainly would want to age the damned thing myself, not buy it with bits already knocked off of it.

My friend's one is a 1971 sunburst model, and that looks really old; all the abelone has yellowed - the neck looks like a mouthful of bad teeth! I was reading the other day that only the Epiphone versions have rosewood fretboards these days because of some 'endangered' wood rules in the USA. Anyway, for now I am happy with my LP Prophesy, it's better than I am.
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

Andrew

Quote from: Hinfrance on January 23, 2014, 01:46:52 PM
Gosh, it looks like a 'proper' camera. I also looks to be about the same price as a decent used car, so a bit too rich for me. I'll have to stick with my Pentax DSLRs, not least because they are all weather sealed (one of the reasons I got them in the first place). And to be fair, if I was going to spend that much money on myself I'd buy a pukka Les Paul.

I think the price quoted is camera and lens kit - but even so, that price in the UK would not get you a 'decent used car' - in fact - at that price i would be suspicious of what would go wrong first  :-\

Given its place in the Fuji line up - i would be somewhat disappointed if the body came in at £800, or a fraction above - given the X-Pro 1 is still being deemed as the 'premium camera' in their line up
1 body, 1 lens, 1 flash gun, 1 tripod, 1 cable release & 1 filter. Keeping it simple!
(I lied, just got a second lens!)

ABERS

Listening to an MP boasting how the cost of living has been held down by the freezing of the council tax, without mentioning that councils are allowed to raise it annually by not more than 2% without holding a referendum of council tax payers.

For the third year running Surrey CC are to raise the tax by 1.99 %. Some freeze, some neck! >:(

Jediboy

Leaving both tripods in my car, which the wife is using today. And I need a tripod! >:(
May the Force be with you.

Chris

Hinfrance

Meh - you need another car . .
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr

Jediboy

I've got the wife's car today and shes got mine. I need hers for the child seats. But I agree, a new car would be nice.  :D

Chris

Jediboy

Chris

Graham

Quote from: Jediboy on January 31, 2014, 06:09:19 PM
Playdoh!
Hate the stuff!!
>:( :'(
Love the smell. Though I'm sure the new stuff is to a different recipe.

My Gallery
My Flickr Pics

donoreo

The snow plough driver.  First at 3:30AM when they came around and woke me and I had a hard time getting back to sleep.  The second was when I did get up and found the pile of snow they left at the end of the driveway.   I should not get that as in our area they have an extra "arm" that they put down to scoop the end of driveways.  This guy must have been new. 

I shovelled snow twice yesterday and once this morning.  Not a great welcome back after a week in Mexico. 

On a side note, my wife corrupted a nice British couple by introducing them to margaritas.  That tequila will get you!   

Graham

Quote from: donoreo on February 02, 2014, 03:43:10 PM

I shovelled snow twice yesterday and once this morning. 

Think yourself lucky!
   I've just spent a happy afternoon unblocking a sewer pipe so you can guess what I've been shoveling!  :yikes:

Anyway How does the man that drives the snow plough get to work in the morning?

My Gallery
My Flickr Pics

donoreo

I shovelled (snow) at 6:30, 8:00 and 10:30.  Between 8 and 10 there was about 5 cm alone.  I will have to shovel again at least once more, right now there another 5-7cm out there. 

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.