• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,414
  • Total Topics: 5,707
  • Online today: 132
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 75
  • Total: 75
  • Google
aliexpress
Microphone Arm,Aokeo AK-4...Sennheiser Profile USB Mi...Temu £100 Coupon bundle o...Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...

What annoyed you today?

Started by greypoint, August 13, 2009, 07:52:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hinfrance

1) I really ought to follow my own advice and NEVER install Windows updates. Last evening's auto update has completely shredded W7, such that no operating system is showing.
2) Failing that, I really ought to have bought a second internal hard drive big enough to keep a disk image on, instead of thinking I'd get one in the January sales.
3) Thank the geeks for Ubuntu live, which is what I am using now, while I try to figure out how to get my data backed up before I shred the hard drive installing W7 again. Head scratching is required, because the drive is completely encrypted with Truecrypt, so Ubuntu can't see any of the data. Rats!
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

jinky

Panicked me there H.Seemed to have updated the night before for me and no problems with my windows 7 but I must back up images now you`ve flagged it.Been really sloppy lately.

Hinfrance

Regular backing up is always a good idea. I only had about a week's worth not done.

Anyhow, it turns out not to have been the Windows update per se, but a disk decryption error. I ran the Truecrypt recovery disk and I am currently back in W7 finishing off the backups before I attempt a normal restart. So it could have been worse. :tup:

. . . and we're back!  :dance: :dance:
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

anglefire

My data is on separate drives to the OS on my desktop - and they are backed up to corresponding NAS drives. And I am currently uploading it all to a cloud based secure storage site. That is taking a bit of time though. About 1/5 is done so far.
----------------------------------
Mark
* A HISTORY OF THE UNIVERSE - THE SHORT STORY* 'Hydrogen is a light, odourless gas, which, given enough time, turns into people.'

CPS Gold Member
My Website

Current Bodies:
Canon 1Dx
Canon R3
Canon R5

Sold Bodies:
Canon 350D
Canon 1DMk3
Canon 5D
Canon 1Dx Mk3

Hinfrance

I need to get another physical drive. The data is on a different partition, but that's encrypted too. I back the data up regularly, so it was more annoying that I didn't have an image ready to reload. However, the Truecrypt recovery disk restarted the whole thing first go.
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr

Tripod

Hinfrance

The day is young, give it time . .
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr

donoreo

Only 9:17 AM here and many things have annoyed me so far.  I will not bore you with the details. 

Hinfrance

THIS.

George Orwell is not dead, after all.

Perhaps the expressions 'grotesquely blubberous', 'expansively corpulent', 'like a bloated whale' or just simply 'lardarse' could take its place.

Good grief.
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr

ABERS

Reading that my only chance of getting rich is to have money left me, no chance, unless some far distant relative suddenly comes out of the blue.

I always said that I would become rich if I won it or stole it, though I don't fancy doing stir at my age, and now Ronnie Biggs has popped his clogs there's no-one to turn to for advice anyway. ::)

ABERS

Quote from: Hinfrance on December 18, 2013, 02:51:41 PM
THIS.

Perhaps the expressions 'grotesquely blubberous', 'expansively corpulent', 'like a bloated whale' or just simply 'lardarse' could take its place.

Good grief.

It seems that homo sapiens has evolved at a faster rate than was originally thought, especially over the past decade. It has been found that skin has become exceedingly thin amongst a subspecies of people who spend their life on the lookout for things to be offended by. They have such a sad life that being offended is the highlight of their day and if everyone just ignored their plaintive whining they would be terribly offended even more, so they are doomed to die out eventually when they realise the overwhelming majority regard them as prats.

Anyone offended?

Hinfrance

Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr

Oldboy

Quote from: ABERS on December 20, 2013, 08:39:27 AM
Anyone offended?
Chagrined, piqued, galled, vexed, nettled, ruffled and outraged!  :P

Graham

Quote from: ABERS on December 20, 2013, 08:39:27 AM
Quote from: Hinfrance on December 18, 2013, 02:51:41 PM
THIS.

Good grief.

It seems that homo sapiens has evolved at a faster rate than was originally thought, especially over the past decade. It has been found that skin has become exceedingly thin amongst a subspecies of people who spend their life on the lookout for things to be offended by. They have such a sad life that being offended is the highlight of their day and if everyone just ignored their plaintive whining they would be terribly offended even more, so they are doomed to die out eventually when they realise the overwhelming majority regard them as prats.

Anyone offended?

You can consider our friendship at an end!  >:(

:D
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. 

My Gallery
My Flickr Pics

ABERS

You're just a load bullies, I'm so offended that I'm not going to eat my lentil burger this lunchtime.  :'(

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.