• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,414
  • Total Topics: 5,707
  • Online today: 132
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 71
  • Total: 71
bhphotovideo
Microphone Arm,Aokeo AK-4...Sennheiser Profile USB Mi...Temu £100 Coupon bundle o...Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...

What annoyed you today?

Started by greypoint, August 13, 2009, 07:52:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

spinner

Quote from: Hinfrance on August 26, 2013, 02:51:20 PM
Don, I think you meant to say 'if you are using it with Windows then stop that right now' iTunes for Windows is the worst application ever written in the history of computing. A friend, who thought no doubt that they were being kind, bought my daughter an iPod. It took me 4 hours to get one album on it, and then only after using 3rd party software.

Needless to say daughter went back to using her Sandisk mp3 player without further delay.:) Rip CD, drag, drop. Simple.

Howard I agree itunes, period is the worst software out there, unfortunately only itunes can restore an ipod, unless you want to go Linux on it. My Media Monkey program on my win7 machine did recognize the ipod, but only for brief seconds and only intermittently, and unfortunately Media Monkey has no way to restore, just add music.
And more, much more than this, I did it my way
Ol' blue eyes

http://ddsdigita4.wix.com/ddsdigital
https://www.flickr.com/photos/spin498/

spinner

Quote from: anglefire on August 26, 2013, 06:34:41 PM
I've been using iTunes on Windows for years - no problem at all. RIP, drag, drop simple - just as you say!

I too have been using itunes for years on both Mac and PC, yes it will do exactly what you say, but though I'm quite comfortable with it now, it's not
user friendly nor is it intuitive and I absolutely hate the way it sprinkles my mp3's all over the drive.  :'(
Ol' blue eyes

Hinfrance

I wish you all the best with it - it's awful when something you use every day decides to stop playing nicely.

I'm way behind with music players, I've got a 7 year old 40gb Creative that's about the size of a packet of cigarettes and heavy with it. It actually has a disk drive in it. But it sounds OK.
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

ABERS

"Oil prices rise amid Syria concerns" BBC headline.

Musn't let death and misery get in the way of maintaining profits. >:(

Let's send a few Cruise and Tomahawk missiles in and add to the already horrendous slaughter. :uglystupid2:

Hinfrance

Our governments have clearly decided that they are on the side of Al Qaeda now . . oh wait a minute . .
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

ABERS

Cameron must have his Falklands/Iraq moment.

donoreo

Quote from: ABERS on August 27, 2013, 06:34:02 PM

Let's send a few Cruise and Tomahawk missiles in and add to the already horrendous slaughter. :uglystupid2:
Better to send in Tom Cruise :)

spinner

Quote from: Hinfrance on August 27, 2013, 02:23:15 PM
I wish you all the best with it - it's awful when something you use every day decides to stop playing nicely.

I'm way behind with music players, I've got a 7 year old 40gb Creative that's about the size of a packet of cigarettes and heavy with it. It actually has a disk drive in it. But it sounds OK.

What's annoying is the damn think worked before I ordered a new battery and clickwheel. I was only trying to put in the CF card as I read of others doing it successfully. Now the frugal Scot in me won't give up the loss and I grew up in Canada far from my native land.  ::)
Ol' blue eyes

spinner

Annoyed and frightened me both. Many years ago I created a twitter account. I associated it to a throwaway email account so I wouldn't be bothered with junk mail. I used a pseudonym that I never used anywhere else and never associated to my real name or usual email address. I haven't used the account in a couple of years but logged onto it today to query something trending here in my home town. What has frightened and annoyed me is that they have linked me to two very real people who I do know. People are screaming about the govt watching us, I have maintained for a long time that Big Brother isn't the govt. it's private enterprise like Twitter, Facebook, Google etc. Even if you try to keep your footprint small and your private life private. 
Ol' blue eyes

SimonW

I joined Linkedin a couple of years ago, like you giving almost nothing of my real identity away. I only stayed a few weeks, then carefully deleted all my data, unsubscribed and deleted my account. Just recently I've started getting a lot of emails from Linkedin along the lines of "Click to confirm you know this person". I've tried ignoring them - they keep sending reminders. I've tried clicking the "click here to stop these emails" button - they still keep coming. I tried getting back in to my Linkedin account. I can't - it doesn't exist!
Simon Warren
(in Dunning, Scotland)

Graham

Quote from: ABERS on August 27, 2013, 06:34:02 PM

As the late Linda Smith once said, "The problem is that our oil is under their sand"
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. 

My Gallery
My Flickr Pics

wavemachine

Quote from: SimonW on August 28, 2013, 08:44:01 AM
I joined Linkedin a couple of years ago, like you giving almost nothing of my real identity away. I only stayed a few weeks, then carefully deleted all my data, unsubscribed and deleted my account. Just recently I've started getting a lot of emails from Linkedin along the lines of "Click to confirm you know this person". I've tried ignoring them - they keep sending reminders. I've tried clicking the "click here to stop these emails" button - they still keep coming. I tried getting back in to my Linkedin account. I can't - it doesn't exist!

I had that, you have to login to your account to switch the e-mails off but of course your account no longer exists. I contact there support dept who sorted it out for me although if you do decide as I did to give linked in another go you will have trouble re-creating your account and have to contact support again.

Oh and you may get an irritating e-mail such as "Thank you for reaching out to me!" ;)
My Flickr
366 Project

Dave

Turn to the dark side, we have tea and biscuits

spinner

I get those too and I've never had a Linkedin account. It claims they're from people who I guess have me in their contacts. What's bothersome for me is the fact that Twitter has taken it upon themselves to strip the data from my contacts list without permission and then linked them to an account I'd set up to be annonymous.
Ol' blue eyes

donoreo

Quote from: spinner on August 29, 2013, 12:43:30 PM

I get those too and I've never had a Linkedin account. It claims they're from people who I guess have me in their contacts.
That is most likely the case.  On LinkedIn a user can import their contacts directly from several mail systems so that would give them your email address. 

Paul Montgomery

Getting marginally annoyed by an Amazon seller. I ordered something which never showed up. I contacted them and they eventually decided it must have got lost in the post and refunded me. air enough, but why not just send me another - they're claiming to have them in stock and i still want it...

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.