• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,414
  • Total Topics: 5,707
  • Online today: 132
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 57
  • Total: 57
7ds
Microphone Arm,Aokeo AK-4...Sennheiser Profile USB Mi...Temu £100 Coupon bundle o...Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...

What annoyed you today?

Started by greypoint, August 13, 2009, 07:52:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paul Montgomery

Quote from: Hinfrance on August 14, 2013, 07:52:51 AM
Apple.

To be fair I live in an almost permanent state of rage about bl**dy Apple. Last evening I tried to have a video chat with a mate who has a Macbook Pro. Earlier we'd had a lovely Google Hangouts 3 way video natter with a couple of other friends'; PC based, simple, effective - 'it 'just works'. But will anything other than the walled garden facetime work with his stupid overweight overpriced heap of Cupertino junk? No, it won't. Not even Skype. So I called him on the land line instead.

Owning an Apple product is like paying to deliberately lock yourself into a prison - I have no idea why anyone would want to do that.

Why doesn't skype work? I've had no problems with that on my mac pro...

Hinfrance

It doesn't work because he's got a Macbook Pro. Can't be any other reason, it works on everything else.  ;)
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

spinner

Tracked down the old Poloroid Dust and Scratch Remover software. The Mac version doesn't work with anything newer than PPC architecture. Had to drag all my weekend shots to a thumbdrive and find a PC to work with. Have an old one dedicated to running Netfix and BBC iPlayer on my tv. It's awkward to work without a desk. >:(
And more, much more than this, I did it my way
Ol' blue eyes

http://ddsdigita4.wix.com/ddsdigital
https://www.flickr.com/photos/spin498/

jinky

Had a bit of a run on wedding bookings lately - or thought I had! For the 2nd time people I have gone out of my way to meet / wow with products enough for them to coo" Oh yes we want to book you" - have failed to deliver booking form and deposit. First couple suddenly have a budget crisis and using a family member to shoot "though they won`t be as good " ( Thanks! ) and the 2nd say they cannot afford 10% deposit until end of September. Funny thing is they`ve both booked venues that cost an arm and a leg. No-one heard of budget planning??? Hopefully tomorrow morning`s couple  meet will be a little more straightforward. >:(

Reinardina

Quote from: jinky on August 16, 2013, 08:35:06 PM
Had a bit of a run on wedding bookings lately - or thought I had! For the 2nd time people I have gone out of my way to meet / wow with products enough for them to coo" Oh yes we want to book you" - have failed to deliver booking form and deposit. First couple suddenly have a budget crisis and using a family member to shoot "though they won`t be as good " ( Thanks! ) and the 2nd say they cannot afford 10% deposit until end of September. Funny thing is they`ve both booked venues that cost an arm and a leg. No-one heard of budget planning??? Hopefully tomorrow morning`s couple  meet will be a little more straightforward. >:(

Budget Planning? How old fashioned! It's all 'buy now, pay later,' or 'X months free credit' these days.
Maybe they suddenly found they've run out of credit!

I'll keep my fingers crossed that 'tomorrow's couple' will be okay and happy to pay.

Beauty is bought by judgment of the eye.
Shakespeare. (Love's Labours Lost.)

Jediboy

I could be wrong, but is this not just a case of people thinking they can save a few quid by knocking down the price of the photographer??
May the Force be with you.

Chris

jinky

Quote from: Jediboy on August 16, 2013, 09:39:42 PM

I could be wrong, but is this not just a case of people thinking they can save a few quid by knocking down the price of the photographer??
No not in these cases. One is using family member and not paying out anything. The other has been in touch again to say they will get deposit by end of September with a warnign of reversion to full rpice and £125 more if they don`t! Good news is that this morning`s couple have booked and paid deposit so brighter now.

Matthew

Just got that Compare the Market ditti that those a Meercats sing out of my head.....guess what advert just came on and put it back into my head again...... :uglystupid2:
Never argue with a stupid person, they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Jediboy

Quote from: jinky on August 17, 2013, 03:05:40 PM
Quote from: Jediboy on August 16, 2013, 09:39:42 PM

No not in these cases. One is using family member and not paying out anything. The other has been in touch again to say they will get deposit by end of September with a warnign of reversion to full rpice and £125 more if they don`t! Good news is that this morning`s couple have booked and paid deposit so brighter now.

Glad things looking up a bit now.  ;)

Chris

Jediboy

Quote from: Matthew on August 17, 2013, 03:32:18 PM
Just got that Compare the Market ditti that those a Meercats sing out of my head.....guess what advert just came on and put it back into my head again...... :uglystupid2:

I've got an annoying ear worm too = Paul Mcartney - we all stand together.
No idea where tat came from but it's outstayed it's welcome now!!  :(

Chris

Hinfrance

Lightroom 4 64 bit.

Locked up big time and when I managed to get the PC restarted (it needed a hard boot, ie unplugging) LR had lost all of its settings and customisations and although I managed to restore the weekly backup catalogue I still didn't get most of the personal preferences and presets back.

Hey ho!
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

donoreo

Being at work.  It annoyed me yesterday too.  After two weeks vacation it is annoying. 

Oldboy

Quote from: donoreo on August 21, 2013, 02:25:02 PM
Being at work.  It annoyed me yesterday too.  After two weeks vacation it is annoying.

Still better than the dole.  ::)

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.