• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,414
  • Total Topics: 5,707
  • Online today: 104
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 117
  • Total: 117
  • Google (2)
7ds
Microphone Arm,Aokeo AK-4...Sennheiser Profile USB Mi...Temu £100 Coupon bundle o...Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...

What annoyed you today?

Started by greypoint, August 13, 2009, 07:52:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

anglefire

I had a problem with my MKIII - happened after being soaked at Alton towers last year - the shutter stopped working - though I suspect it wasn't weather related - it cost about £100 to fix - most was labour the part was about 4p.

Came back spotless as well as fully working and the focus checked and adjustment made. Also cleaned the sensor - which on it's own is £50 or so.
----------------------------------
Mark
* A HISTORY OF THE UNIVERSE - THE SHORT STORY* 'Hydrogen is a light, odourless gas, which, given enough time, turns into people.'

CPS Gold Member
My Website

Current Bodies:
Canon 1Dx
Canon R3
Canon R5

Sold Bodies:
Canon 350D
Canon 1DMk3
Canon 5D
Canon 1Dx Mk3

Oldboy

Quote from: anglefire on May 01, 2013, 08:04:11 PM
I had a problem with my MKIII - happened after being soaked at Alton towers last year - the shutter stopped working - though I suspect it wasn't weather related - it cost about £100 to fix - most was labour the part was about 4p.

Came back spotless as well as fully working and the focus checked and adjustment made. Also cleaned the sensor - which on it's own is £50 or so.

It could sill be weather related. What gets me is they are sold as weather protected when they aren't. As I said before, the D200 was soaked many time but never caused a problem therefore, one must conclude it's a design fault with the other cameras.  :(

Double5

Today, just about everything annoyed me   :legit:

anglefire

Possibly Oldboy, though the part replaced was a washer on the shutter mechanism - so it probably wore out!
----------------------------------
Mark
* A HISTORY OF THE UNIVERSE - THE SHORT STORY* 'Hydrogen is a light, odourless gas, which, given enough time, turns into people.'

CPS Gold Member
My Website

Current Bodies:
Canon 1Dx
Canon R3
Canon R5

Sold Bodies:
Canon 350D
Canon 1DMk3
Canon 5D
Canon 1Dx Mk3

Oldboy

Quote from: anglefire on May 03, 2013, 11:33:23 PM
Possibly Oldboy, though the part replaced was a washer on the shutter mechanism - so it probably wore out!

Or it could have been rust!  :P

jinky

Air traffic control strikes!!!!!
After getting up at 3am to drive to Liverpool and getting there at 6 for a 7.30 am departure we were fairly relaxed. We had not seen the news! Told of a half hour delay in boarding we waited expectantly to then get a text saying the earliest we would leave would be at 10.35 am. Ryanair staff claimed to know nothing. After 40 minutes we got on the plane to be told of the strike meaning that we had a slot at 11.10am. After sitting on there for nearly 2 hours when they managed to make a tour for paying drinks we were then told the flight was cancelled. I assumed a full refund of the flights and quickly cancelled my hotel booking with a full refund promised so only the 4 days parking and petrol to Liverpool lost. No say Serviceair - you won`t get your return flight refunded as it might not be cancelled. You could get there by car / ferry or another airline. " But who will be getting there with a 3 day strike I say and why would I drive there (taking a day, abandon my car and fly back on a £35 flight!!!!!". Anyway I see an argument ahead as I have submitted application for a full refund both ways as it was only a 4 night stay. I expect aggro from Ryanair with their usual lack of customer service.

Now I must admit I do have qualms about the EU putting out Air Traffic Control to the lowest bidder as a privatised entity but not when it spoils my trip! Sorry Carcassonne - I must visit another time. >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

Hinfrance

I'm sorry to hear that Jinky :( , but then everywhere down there was flooded last weekend so it would have smelled of mud anyway.

I'm not actually sure about the single EU airspace idea - it might be a recipe for disaster. The EU has, after all, a rather erratic record of administration at the best of times. And then there is the issue of sovereignty, which I actually think is quite important. But I don't know enough about the subject to make a valid judgment.

Hope you had a nice relaxing drink when you got home. :)
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

jinky

Quote from: Hinfrance on June 11, 2013, 01:44:24 PM
I'm sorry to hear that Jinky :( , but then everywhere down there was flooded last weekend so it would have smelled of mud anyway.

I'm not actually sure about the single EU airspace idea - it might be a recipe for disaster. The EU has, after all, a rather erratic record of administration at the best of times. And then there is the issue of sovereignty, which I actually think is quite important. But I don't know enough about the subject to make a valid judgment.

Hope you had a nice relaxing drink when you got home. :)

Had special haddock and chips for lunch. Shame - we had a booking at a 2 Michelin star restaurant for lunch today so at least we saved about £85 by the time we would have added more wine  ;).

Just relieved that we only look like being £26 out of pocket for the car parking. Hotels.com have already refunded us in full - within an hour (now that is customer service!). Ryanair have no Liverpool / Carcassonne flights out until our return so are forced to give us both flights as a refund - you`d have to think.

Oldboy

Quote from: jinky on June 11, 2013, 01:08:34 PM
Air traffic control strikes!!!!!
After getting up at 3am to drive to Liverpool and getting there at 6 for a 7.30 am departure we were fairly relaxed. We had not seen the news! Told of a half hour delay in boarding we waited expectantly to then get a text saying the earliest we would leave would be at 10.35 am. Ryanair staff claimed to know nothing. After 40 minutes we got on the plane to be told of the strike meaning that we had a slot at 11.10am. After sitting on there for nearly 2 hours when they managed to make a tour for paying drinks we were then told the flight was cancelled. I assumed a full refund of the flights and quickly cancelled my hotel booking with a full refund promised so only the 4 days parking and petrol to Liverpool lost. No say Serviceair - you won`t get your return flight refunded as it might not be cancelled. You could get there by car / ferry or another airline. " But who will be getting there with a 3 day strike I say and why would I drive there (taking a day, abandon my car and fly back on a £35 flight!!!!!". Anyway I see an argument ahead as I have submitted application for a full refund both ways as it was only a 4 night stay. I expect aggro from Ryanair with their usual lack of customer service.

Now I must admit I do have qualms about the EU putting out Air Traffic Control to the lowest bidder as a privatised entity but not when it spoils my trip! Sorry Carcassonne - I must visit another time. >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

See this: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/personalfinance/consumertips/10054434/Martin-Lewis-how-to-get-compensation-for-flight-delays.html

And this: http://europa.eu/youreurope/citizens/travel/passenger-rights/air/

This means it's not just the costs that are refunded regardless of airline.  ;D

jinky

Yes I`m aware of that oldboy. Got to be within the airlines control though and ATC strike may not be. I`m not that much out of pocket if they pay up for the return flight too- cannot see they haver an option as there are no flights available from Liverpool or Stanstead to Carcassonne before our flight back. Assuming I get that I`ll also be seeking to claim back parking fees, some petrol and the srinks they sold us whilst standing on the tarmac - just for the hell of it  ;). My argument will be that they boarded us with a optional slot of 11.10 am and then chose to cancel that. My daughter works for Jet 2 at Leeds Bradford and they got all their flights out on time - even Paris. Seems only Ryanair was cancelling in such nmbers as a bigger concern worried about where their planes would get to.

Hinfrance

Having finally decided on the replacement eReader to replace my Kindle (broke at 12 months a a few days, Amazon's customer service response was 'you can just go away and stop bothering us; just buy a new one you loser'. Not in so many words you understand, but that was the gist of it), I set upon a Sony T2. Went to the big book shop in town and bought one.

Or so I thought. Because when I get home and open the box there is a T1 reader in there. Marked 'demo model' which seems appropriate as it was scratched to hell as well as being the wrong model.

So now I've got to make an extra trip into town and get it changed. I'm pretty sure it was a genuine error as the box is for a T2. Still annoying though.

And then there are Belgians. They must be the worst drivers in Europe. This morning there was a Belgian camper van just stopped in the middle of a junction - literally right in the middle, occupying both of the crossing lanes and on both sides of the road in the direction in which it was facing. The driver was looking at a map. But given where he had stopped it seemed to me that he had all bases covered anyway.

And then later on, turning left at a set of traffic lights I was nearly T-boned by another Belgian car that had jumped the lights, doing more than the speed limit to boot. Ijits the lot of 'em.
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

Reinardina

What annoyed me yesterday: my (relatively) brand new Lenovo laptop developed a fault that the John Lewis techies couldn't cure, so I had to leave it there. And my spare one isn't up to the job anymore, so I am rather stumped.
And thousands of photos still to sort out!

Beauty is bought by judgment of the eye.
Shakespeare. (Love's Labours Lost.)

Reinardina

What has really annoyed me over the past few months, is the total lack of customer service from Nederlandse Spoorwegen (Dutch Rail).

Special reduction tickets I get with my Dutch rail card, and which I pay for, should have arrived at the beginning of April.

No email address of course, and their 'web help' is useless because you need a Dutch postcode and phone number, so I have written a series of letters. No result.

Then I found the Dutch Rail 'business' site, which does give an email address. As that site is partially in English and my plain Dutch letters did not render any tickets, I fired off a polite mail in English. Got an immediate reply (a first!) with the promise that I would hear from them within three working days.

As I had been waiting long enough, I sent off another email three hours after the three days expired.

This produced the following result:

Thank you for your e-mail of the 21st of June 2013. Your e-mail concerns
your so called "keuzedagen." I will answer your questions.

We can only notice that you've send an e-mail at the very moment we read
your e-mail. That is the reason why we could not react sooner. My apologies
for the inconvenience.

Because you did not receive your keuzedagen, we have decided to send you
another set of keuzedagen. These have been already made for you and send to
you round the second of June 2013. It is however not possible to send a
copy of these keuzedagen to you or to the airport.

I hope I have informed you entirely.

Opening and closing lines were in Dutch, the rest translated by computer I guess.

Since then I made two phone calls and I am still waiting!

I have now reached the stage, I can laugh about it all, and if I find myself in the mood, I may even try to write a comedy sketch.

Beauty is bought by judgment of the eye.
Shakespeare. (Love's Labours Lost.)

Hinfrance

Having my new car (well new to me) twatted by a moron in a 4x4. He lost control of it on a straight piece of road and ripped the side off of my pride and joy. I wonder if the bluetooth earpiece he was wearing was a clue?

Still, Ford reckon they'll have the car back to me in less than 10 days.
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr

Oldboy

Quote from: Hinfrance on July 15, 2013, 08:59:16 PM
Having my new car (well new to me) twatted by a moron in a 4x4. He lost control of it on a straight piece of road and ripped the side off of my pride and joy. I wonder if the bluetooth earpiece he was wearing was a clue?

Still, Ford reckon they'll have the car back to me in less than 10 days.

That's a new term on me or was he a drunken moron?  ???

Hope you claim for whiplash as well.  :P

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.