• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,414
  • Total Topics: 5,707
  • Online today: 104
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 87
  • Total: 87
  • Baidu
wex
Microphone Arm,Aokeo AK-4...Sennheiser Profile USB Mi...Temu £100 Coupon bundle o...Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...

What annoyed you today?

Started by greypoint, August 13, 2009, 07:52:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mick

Quote from: Reinardina on January 01, 2013, 06:36:45 PM
Wouldn't call it annoying, but the green used for the moderators names is difficult to see. For me anyway, with my nearly blind eyes.
Is it possible to add some  contrast? Dark(er) green would be easier.

Sorry about that R.  Had to adjust it so it could be read in this theme http://cameracraniums.com/forum/index.php?theme=11  The original dark blue couldn't be see either. 

I've darkened the green a bit now, any better?
Thank You, "Guest" For Reading This Post.

My Gallery
Tinyportal.net Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0
Guitarist Guild Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0
The Garden Machinery Forum Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0

OpenSea

Reinardina

Quote from: Mick on January 01, 2013, 06:57:07 PM
Quote from: Reinardina on January 01, 2013, 06:36:45 PM
Wouldn't call it annoying, but the green used for the moderators names is difficult to see. For me anyway, with my nearly blind eyes.
Is it possible to add some  contrast? Dark(er) green would be easier.

Sorry about that R.  Had to adjust it so it could be read in this theme http://cameracraniums.com/forum/index.php?theme=11  The original dark blue couldn't be see either. 

I've darkened the green a bit now, any better?

It's slightly better, but on the darker background of the theme in your link, it is easily readable for me. Maybe I should change to that theme.
Thanks for adjusting it!

Beauty is bought by judgment of the eye.
Shakespeare. (Love's Labours Lost.)

Mick

Quote from: Reinardina on January 01, 2013, 10:41:09 PM

Maybe I should change to that theme.

You could indeed.  Nothing to lose if you can't get on with it, you can change back at any time.  If you do like it, there's a matching gallery theme too.  ;)

That said, there is a few hard to read text issues on that theme as well.  It's a bit of a work in progress.  :)

My Gallery

OpenSea

anglefire

Just noticed that you have changed from Admin to Mick, Mick :)
----------------------------------
Mark
* A HISTORY OF THE UNIVERSE - THE SHORT STORY* 'Hydrogen is a light, odourless gas, which, given enough time, turns into people.'

CPS Gold Member
My Website

Current Bodies:
Canon 1Dx
Canon R3
Canon R5

Sold Bodies:
Canon 350D
Canon 1DMk3
Canon 5D
Canon 1Dx Mk3

Mick

Quote from: anglefire on January 02, 2013, 09:03:13 PM
Just noticed that you have changed from Admin to Mick, Mick :)

Mark,  I thought it was time for a change.  :D

My Gallery

OpenSea

Reinardina

My struggle with Windows 8 keeps me annoyed and busy.

To use the calendar, I had to sign up to Microsoft Live, or Windows Live (can't remember what it was). Had to supply an email address, and supplied the Gmail address I use for all my photo contacts. Just discovered that there's a 'Mail' box on the opening page of Windows 8 where I can go straight into that email address without having to sign in.

I don't like the privacy implications of the situation. Both my husband and my daughter occasionally use my laptop, and even though there are no 'secrets' in that account, I'd like to change this 'sign in email address' to one that does not contain personal emails.
However, I cannot find out where to go and how to do it.
Can anyone put me on the right track?

Alfonso_Frisk

I could not find a sign out button either so as you I became concerned about the security implications so I deleted the tile altogether.
Strangely though on next log in the tile is back but without the opening of my mail box.
I will stick to the conventional desktop foe accessing my mail.
http://www.fluidr.com/photos/nosmo_king2007
http://www.seateamimages.com/search.php
Wine improves with age, The older I get the more I like it.

Oldboy

Quote from: Reinardina on January 02, 2013, 09:40:06 PM

I don't like the privacy implications of the situation. Both my husband and my daughter occasionally use my laptop, and even though there are no 'secrets' in that account, I'd like to change this 'sign in email address' to one that does not contain personal emails.

As you have to provide a password to log onto Windows from Visa upwards, this would stop anyone from seeing your emails unless they have your password or Admin password.  :doh:

Reinardina

Quote from: Alfonso_Frisk on January 02, 2013, 10:52:46 PM
I could not find a sign out button either so as you I became concerned about the security implications so I deleted the tile altogether.
Strangely though on next log in the tile is back but without the opening of my mail box.
I will stick to the conventional desktop foe accessing my mail.

How did you delete it? Don't know how to do that either!

Quote from: Oldboy on January 02, 2013, 11:58:03 PM
Quote from: Reinardina on January 02, 2013, 09:40:06 PM

As you have to provide a password to log onto Windows from Visa upwards, this would stop anyone from seeing your emails unless they have your password or Admin password.  :doh:

My laptop is not password protected, that has never been necessary. To use some of the apps on Windows 8, you have to sign up for Windows and once you've done that, the email address you provide, is the one that appears when you click the 'Mail' tile on the start up menu. And it appears open, with all content accessible to whoever is working on the laptop.

Alfonso_Frisk

If you right click on the tile it will bring up a task bar and offer a few options such as delete or unpin
http://www.fluidr.com/photos/nosmo_king2007
http://www.seateamimages.com/search.php
Wine improves with age, The older I get the more I like it.

Oldboy

You need to set up user accounts in Control Panel so, when they log on to the computer, they will not see your files or internet access. If you allow them to log on using your account then, they will have access to all your files including internet access.  :tup:

Reinardina

Quote from: Alfonso_Frisk on January 03, 2013, 09:29:20 AM
If you right click on the tile it will bring up a task bar and offer a few options such as delete or unpin

I have now unpinned it, and hope it will stay away!

Quote from: Oldboy on January 03, 2013, 09:32:29 AM
You need to set up user accounts in Control Panel so, when they log on to the computer, they will not see your files or internet access. If you allow them to log on using your account then, they will have access to all your files including internet access.  :tup:

Have now added a password. Wanted to add my husband as a second user, but I'm sure he wouldn't be happy if I did supply his email address!

Oldboy

Quote from: Reinardina on January 03, 2013, 07:39:59 PM

Have now added a password. Wanted to add my husband as a second user, but I'm sure he wouldn't be happy if I did supply his email address!

If you add him as a second user then, when he wants to access the internet, he would have to set himself up.  :tup:

michaelb104

The new trend of driving around in the dark with sidelights and fog lights on but no headlights, I nearly had a head on crash this morning because some a**hole thinks it 'cool' to drive with no headlights on at 06:05am   >:( >:( >:( :knuppel2: :knuppel2:

I'm still seething..................
Mike

My Flickr   .   My Fluidr

donoreo

Quote from: michaelb104 on January 09, 2013, 10:05:26 AM
The new trend of driving around in the dark with sidelights and fog lights on but no headlights, I nearly had a head on crash this morning because some a**hole thinks it 'cool' to drive with no headlights on at 06:05am   >:( >:( >:( :knuppel2: :knuppel2:

I'm still seething..................
Is that not illegal?  Rule here is headlights 30 minutes before sunset to 30 minutes after sunrise.   Of course you need the police around to enforce the rules and that is a separate issue. 

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.