• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,414
  • Total Topics: 5,707
  • Online today: 132
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 83
  • Total: 83
  • Google
parkcameras
Microphone Arm,Aokeo AK-4...Sennheiser Profile USB Mi...Temu £100 Coupon bundle o...Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...

What annoyed you today?

Started by greypoint, August 13, 2009, 07:52:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oldboy

The weather forecasters said it would be sunny today - it wasn't!  >:(

They have also forcast the rest of the month as rubbish and to be the coldest for 350 years!  :o

Alfonso_Frisk

Quote from: Oldboy on May 10, 2012, 07:02:27 PM
coldest for 350 years!  :o
Which camera did you have then OB ? :2funny: :2funny: :legit:
http://www.fluidr.com/photos/nosmo_king2007
http://www.seateamimages.com/search.php
Wine improves with age, The older I get the more I like it.

Oldboy

Quote from: Alfonso_Frisk on May 10, 2012, 10:28:45 PM
Quote from: Oldboy on May 10, 2012, 07:02:27 PM
coldest for 350 years!  :o
Which camera did you have then OB ? :2funny: :2funny: :legit:

Why, a camera obscura of course.  :2funny: :2funny: :2funny:

ABERS

Oldboy

ABERS

More disappointed than annoyed. :'(

A parcel delivered Saturday morning containing four prints with a nice little note saying, "Thank you for entering prints for the London Salon, but unfortunately you have been unsuccessful in getting an acceptance for this year's exhibition" :-[

I was hoping for a fourth acceptance in a row, it's all downhill from here. :o

Hinfrance

My lawn mower/tractor has packed up. Won't start. Not looking forward to mowing over an acre with a 14" push along.
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

Graham

Quote from: Hinfrance on May 13, 2012, 09:21:46 AM
My lawn mower/tractor has packed up. Won't start. Not looking forward to mowing over an acre with a 14" push along.
I feel your pain. I'm having the same problem with my petrol strimmer! Wifey has a double allotment which is in dire need of a trim (!).
  Have you drained the fuel and replaced with fresh? Aparently it goes off if left for long periods.
                     Graham. ???

Or you could get one of these. :tup:

Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. 

My Gallery
My Flickr Pics

Mick

Quote from: Graham on May 13, 2012, 11:08:25 AM
Quote from: Hinfrance on May 13, 2012, 09:21:46 AM

Have you drained the fuel and replaced with fresh? Aparently it goes off if left for long periods.
                     Graham. ???

Correct Graham, these modern fuels do go off very quickly nowadays.   

Make sure the choke is going on fully, you might have a sticky cable.  Make sure all safety circuit switches are working, cutters, seat switch, gear shift etc, are in neutral.

Make sure oil level hasn't gone up as a result of the carb flooding. It normally fills sump with fuel.

Change spark plug.
Thank You, "Guest" For Reading This Post.

My Gallery
Tinyportal.net Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0
Guitarist Guild Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0
The Garden Machinery Forum Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0

OpenSea

Hinfrance

I don't think it's the fuel, I used some from the same can in the motor on the push along and that started second tug.

The trouble with sit on mowers is all the health and safety b*ll*cks. It did this once before and it was traced to an interlock somewhere on the cutting deck. I've had a look, but I can't see where the switch is  :( >:(

I've got sparks to both cylinders (new plugs) and the fuel is getting at least as far as the carburettor, time for someone with a workshop manual to have a gander at it.

I've got a strimmer that won't start when it's warm. The old one had a broken cord starter, so I took that off and started it with a cordless drill straight on the end of the crankshaft. Worked really well until the end broke off that too  :2funny:

Mick replies crossed: I checked the throttle and choke cables and made sure all the requisite bits were moving at the carburettor end. My money is on the cutter interlock.
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

Mick

Quote from: Hinfrance on May 13, 2012, 11:32:26 AM

The trouble with sit on mowers is all the health and safety b*ll*cks. It did this once before and it was traced to an interlock somewhere on the cutting deck. I've had a look, but I can't see where the switch is  :( >:(

My money is on the cutter interlock.

It can't be anything to do with the safety switches if you have a spark at each plug though.  That's what they do, they kill the spark, and stop the engine from starting.  ;)

If it's a twin, then you'll probably find a fuel shut off solenoid on the side of the carb, check the wire hasn't come of this, and check any fuses which might relate to it.
Thank You, "Guest" For Reading This Post.

My Gallery
Tinyportal.net Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0
Guitarist Guild Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0
The Garden Machinery Forum Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0

OpenSea

Hinfrance

Thanks Mick - I'll have a look at that and get back to you. Busy typing an article at the moment ;)
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr

Oldboy

Quote from: Graham on May 13, 2012, 11:08:25 AM

Or you could get one of these. :tup:

How's the wifey to use that with a crossbar?  :uglystupid2: :2funny: :2funny:

Matthew

Well, in my family my Roast Potatoes are famous for being very tasty (I'm a modest guy). Today I thought I'd try to raise the bar on potato perfection by adding chicken stock cubes to the roast oil. I put the oil in the roasting tray along with three stock cubes......placed it in a 200c oven until the cubes started to melt. Took the tray out of the oven and mixed the melted cubes into the oil, forming an oiley sea of herbs and chicken based granules....perfect! Added the already par boiled potatoes and placed back into the oven. Set the timer for 40 minutes and took the rolled chicken/bacon joint out the fridge, ready for cooking. Now, I'm sure the Missus' said it only takes 20 minutes to cook, however when I looked at the cooking instructions it said 75 minutes!!!.....I had to take my tatties out the oven to prevent a major overcooking disaster.....that annoyed me.......but it did turn out OK in the end as I bunged them back in after 20 minutes had passed......Potatoes were a success and possibly my best.
Never argue with a stupid person, they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Matthew

My Roasties.............
Never argue with a stupid person, they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.