• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,414
  • Total Topics: 5,707
  • Online today: 41
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 33
  • Total: 33
parkcameras
Microphone Arm,Aokeo AK-4...Sennheiser Profile USB Mi...Temu £100 Coupon bundle o...Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...

What annoyed you today?

Started by greypoint, August 13, 2009, 07:52:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

greypoint

On a wider note it's something worth remembering for everyone. It's easy to get so engrossed in trying to take a picture you blot out what's happening around you and could become an easy target for an opportunistic thief or mugger. No need to be paranoid  8) but just take care.

spinner

Quote from: bones615 on August 03, 2011, 05:54:47 PM
OUCH, just took a swig of my beer and was stung on the lip by wasp i didnt notice practising his breast stroke. The wasp is no more and there is beer all over the floor.

Ouch, I got stung on the arm once, felt like someone had hit me with a sledgehammer.  The swelling didn't go down for a week.

Self portrait time? :legit:
And more, much more than this, I did it my way
Ol' blue eyes

http://ddsdigita4.wix.com/ddsdigital
https://www.flickr.com/photos/spin498/

spinner

Quote from: Reinardina on August 05, 2011, 08:42:57 AM
Quote from: Oldboy on August 04, 2011, 10:46:03 PM
Quote from: Reinardina on August 04, 2011, 10:41:45 PM
What annoys me, is that I did not take a photograph of him cycling away! There have been attacks on our local Common and I did not feel happy with the situation at all, and I did not 'shoot' him!

You were better not taking a photo, as you couldn't take the chance on his reactions.  ???

He was cycling away from me, at rather high speed. I don't think he would have noticed.
He was wearing rather distinctive clothing, I did notice that, but with my poor eyesight, it would be difficult to give a proper description, if it became necessary. (Hope not, as in that case, I'll be forever wondering why I did not tell the police. But you cannot really report someone for just being awkward, can you?)

Certainly you can. Particularly if there have been prior incidents.
And more, much more than this, I did it my way
Ol' blue eyes

http://ddsdigita4.wix.com/ddsdigital
https://www.flickr.com/photos/spin498/

Reinardina

Quote from: beauxreflets on August 05, 2011, 11:18:42 AM
Quote from: Reinardina on August 05, 2011, 11:12:49 AM
Quote from: beauxreflets on August 05, 2011, 10:16:39 AM
Quote from: Reinardina on August 05, 2011, 08:42:57 AM
Quote from: Oldboy on August 04, 2011, 10:46:03 PM
Quote from: Reinardina on August 04, 2011, 10:41:45 PM
What annoys me, is that I did not take a photograph of him cycling away! There have been attacks on our local Common and I did not feel happy with the situation at all, and I did not 'shoot' him!

You were better not taking a photo, as you couldn't take the chance on his reactions.  ???

He was cycling away from me, at rather high speed. I don't think he would have noticed.
He was wearing rather distinctive clothing, I did notice that, but with my poor eyesight, it would be difficult to give a proper description, if it became necessary. (Hope not, as in that case, I'll be forever wondering why I did not tell the police. But you cannot really report someone for just being awkward, can you?)

Interestingly, the fact that something in the situation made you uncomfortable enough to respond in writing about it here.

As you mention that there have been attacks on the Common previously, you may find that the police are interested or not depending upon their attitude, workload, and situation if they are still investigating or looking at certain behavioural patterns. Looking at the big picture if you like; The most important thing is to act in a responsible way that you will feel comfortable about in the future.

The more I think about it, the more suspicious it seems. I'm going to town later, and will be more or less walking past the police station. I'll pop in and see if they're interested.

Also looking into personal alarms at the moment, as the Common is one of my favourite hunting grounds. Especially the quieter parts.

Visit the Suzy Lamplugh website Reinardina. They offer lots of advice and may even recommend the better personal alarms available.

Above all have a good weekend and stay safe  :tup:

Spinner and Greypoint, and all of you mentioned above. Thanks for your comments and moral support.

The police wasn't interested, as 'no offence occured.'
Well, at least it is off my mind now and having had this discussion has 'locked' the memory in my mind, for future reference. I hope it won't be necessary.

I'll have a look at that website Andy. Thank you for that.

Have a good weekend all of you!

Beauty is bought by judgment of the eye.
Shakespeare. (Love's Labours Lost.)

Beaux Reflets

Quote from: Reinardina on August 05, 2011, 02:58:35 PM

The police wasn't interested, as 'no offence occured.'
Well, at least it is off my mind now and having had this discussion has 'locked' the memory in my mind, for future reference. I hope it won't be necessary.

I'll have a look at that website Andy. Thank you for that.

Have a good weekend all of you!

Not much has changed in the UK.,   :uglystupid2: , especially when you think about 'home grown terrorism' etc.

Having 'locked' the memory, I sincerely hope you will not see a 'for future reference' situation cropping up in the future too; At least you have done the right thing sufficient for your own peace of mind.  :tup:

:beer: Andy

"Light anchors things in place and gives perspective meaning."

The choices we make are rooted in reflection.

http://beauxreflets.blogspot.com/

Oldboy

More on the gravy train!!!!!  >:(

Another day, another quango golden goodbye. This one's slightly unusual because Tony Cooper, ex-boss of the Rural Payments Agency, 'failed to deliver'. So he gets £311,000 on top of a £15,000 bonus, £243,803 in early retirement benefits AND a £1.3m pension pot. Taxpayer cash is being sprayed at quango bosses, it seems, everywhere.

The Rural Payments Agency might not sound the most glamorous place to work, but there's clearly money in muck. Not for the farmers who experienced a great deal of hardship due to the late payment of a range of subsidies in Cooper's time though.

While many farmers waited for their Single Farm Payment, an agricultural subsidy paid to farmers across the EU, extravagant bonuses were being paid out to some RPA staff for processing basic Common Agricultural Policy (CAP) work.

Then there was the £75m fine handed down by Brussels, picked up by UK taxpayers, as a consequence of the late payments to farmers (a surprising number now live close to the poverty line).

You can't make it up!  >:( >:( >:(

Alfonso_Frisk

WAMT ?
Me. IM annoyed with myself :uglystupid2:
Went out with 2 cams today and filled 2 sd cards and 2 cf cards.
Got home and put pics on pc to discover all shots were taken at an ISO of 1600 and WB set for cloud  :-[
Weather been great here today with nice sun and odd clould so used grads etc. Even checked histogram regulary as well and all looked ok
Id forgot to change settings after playing around in low light the other day so I have all shots very noisy and will probably have to ditch them all. :'( :'( :'(
http://www.fluidr.com/photos/nosmo_king2007
http://www.seateamimages.com/search.php
Wine improves with age, The older I get the more I like it.

Beryl

What anoyed me today was the rain  :knuppel2: it won't stop and my camera doesn't like it  :'(
A true friend is the best possession

My Web site
http://berylladd.com/
Oh . And thanks for looking in

Oldboy

Quote from: Alfonso_Frisk on August 18, 2011, 04:52:37 PM
WAMT ?
Me. IM annoyed with myself :uglystupid2:
Went out with 2 cams today and filled 2 sd cards and 2 cf cards.
Got home and put pics on pc to discover all shots were taken at an ISO of 1600 and WB set for cloud  :-[
Weather been great here today with nice sun and odd clould so used grads etc. Even checked histogram regulary as well and all looked ok
Id forgot to change settings after playing around in low light the other day so I have all shots very noisy and will probably have to ditch them all. :'( :'( :'(

:'(

greypoint

AAAAARRRRRGGGGGHHHH!!!!
HSBC have upgraded their on line banking security by providing a 'secure key' reader - I have just wasted half an hour activating it...put in all the details and was diverted to a white screen ...started again and all the questions had to be re-set...got diverted to a white screen again... finally managed it on the third attempt but don't hold out much hope for getting all the answers right when I try to log on again....now where did I put that bit of paper??? :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Oldboy

Quote from: greypoint on August 19, 2011, 07:01:13 PM
AAAAARRRRRGGGGGHHHH!!!!
HSBC have upgraded their on line banking security by providing a 'secure key' reader - I have just wasted half an hour activating it...put in all the details and was diverted to a white screen ...started again and all the questions had to be re-set...got diverted to a white screen again... finally managed it on the third attempt but don't hold out much hope for getting all the answers right when I try to log on again....now where did I put that bit of paper??? :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Been using that for two months. Problems at first but no problem now.  :tup:

skellum

Sold a camera on ebay tonight then got a e.mail fron the winning bidder telling me he was sorry but he ' Unwittingly' placed a bid.
I have e.mailed him back for an explanation as when someone bids they firstly have to enter the amount they wish to bid then secondly press the 'Comfirm Bid' button.  So how can someone 'unwittingly' do something twice ?.. :knuppel2:

Beaux Reflets

Quote from: Dave on August 20, 2011, 12:23:03 AM
Sold a camera on ebay tonight then got a e.mail fron the winning bidder telling me he was sorry but he ' Unwittingly' placed a bid.
I have e.mailed him back for an explanation as when someone bids they firstly have to enter the amount they wish to bid then secondly press the 'Comfirm Bid' button.  So how can someone 'unwittingly' do something twice ?.. :knuppel2:

Sounds a bit like an "out of character" excuse (after someone uploaded another's © image they had copied as a jibe on PR)  :uglystupid2: - My guess is they thought quite genuinely that they had more funds available at the time.  :legit:
:beer: Andy

"Light anchors things in place and gives perspective meaning."

The choices we make are rooted in reflection.

http://beauxreflets.blogspot.com/

Hinfrance

Was it a film camera? He might have thought it was a digital one  ::)
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

skellum

Yes it was a film camera and it was listed in the ' Film Photography Section ' I even wrote CANON SLR on the picture. The most annoying thing is he was the first bidder then when he was out bid he kept bidding until he won.

Free listing weekend on ebay so I will have another go.. >:(

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.