• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,414
  • Total Topics: 5,707
  • Online today: 117
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 133
  • Total: 133
7ds
Microphone Arm,Aokeo AK-4...Sennheiser Profile USB Mi...Temu £100 Coupon bundle o...Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...

What annoyed you today?

Started by greypoint, August 13, 2009, 07:52:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hinfrance

. .  or I could just turn off the in camera CA and lens distortion functions . . and then it writes fast again  :uglystupid2:
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

greypoint

yes - I discovered that quite early on and so far have'nt felt the need to switch them back on  8)

greypoint

What annoyed me yesterday...when I had a Sigma 70-200mm f2.8 for my k-5 I did'nt do enough research and bought a Sigma tcon for it - unfortunately Sigma tcons won't allow af on HSM lenses in Pentax fit [got my money back!]. Now I have a Tamron 70-200mm f2.8 which has conventional screw driven af I thought I'd try again when I saw a reasonably priced as new Kenko tcon. Unfortunately, although this tcon works with all my other lenses , it won't af with the Tamron - and locks the mf too! Strangely it allows af with my Sigma 50-200mm HSM although it has a job to lock focus as the lens is too slow for a Tcon.  :'(

Markulous

Quote from: greypoint on June 08, 2011, 01:08:33 PM
What annoyed me yesterday...when I had a Sigma 70-200mm f2.8 for my k-5 I did'nt do enough research and bought a Sigma tcon for it - unfortunately Sigma tcons won't allow af on HSM lenses in Pentax fit [got my money back!]. Now I have a Tamron 70-200mm f2.8 which has conventional screw driven af I thought I'd try again when I saw a reasonably priced as new Kenko tcon. Unfortunately, although this tcon works with all my other lenses , it won't af with the Tamron - and locks the mf too! Strangely it allows af with my Sigma 50-200mm HSM although it has a job to lock focus as the lens is too slow for a Tcon.  :'(

Re. the Kenko - have you tried taping the contacts to get AF working (don't know if it works with Pentax but works well with Canon)?
Whatever and ever. Amen
http://smg.photobucket.com/home/Markulous/index
Mark @ Photobucket

Reinardina

What annoyed me today, were travellers travelling.
On Wednesdays, I work as a volunteer ranger for the 'Countryside Service' of a local authority. Today travellers were evicted from a nearby site and were on the move.
Fingers crossed the measures taken by 'my' country park were enough to keep them out. We've had them on site before, and they are definitely not good for the country side. And it takes time to get them evicted.

Beauty is bought by judgment of the eye.
Shakespeare. (Love's Labours Lost.)

Graham

Quote from: Reinardina on June 08, 2011, 04:27:16 PM
On Wednesdays, I work as a volunteer ranger for the 'Countryside Service' of a local authority. Today travellers were evicted from a nearby site and were on the move.
Fingers crossed the measures taken by 'my' country park were enough to keep them out. We've had them on site before, and they are definitely not good for the country side. And it takes time to get them evicted.

Everyone knows that I'm the most easy going, mild mannerd, peace loving chap you could wish to meet. (Anyone dissagreeing can expect a swift and possibly violent response! :knuppel2:)
  But really these traveller chaps (Decline to call them "Gypsies".) They don't do themselves any favours do they.
                 Graham.
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. 

My Gallery
My Flickr Pics

greypoint

Quote from: Markulous on June 08, 2011, 01:25:43 PM
Quote from: greypoint on June 08, 2011, 01:08:33 PM

Re. the Kenko - have you tried taping the contacts to get AF working (don't know if it works with Pentax but works well with Canon)?
Yes -i've seen lots of people talking about doing that on Birdforum but not sure exactly what to do and am iffy about messing anything up.

top totty

Quote from: Graham on June 08, 2011, 06:09:37 PM
Quote from: Reinardina on June 08, 2011, 04:27:16 PM

Everyone knows that I'm the most easy going, mild mannerd, peace loving chap you could wish to meet. (Anyone dissagreeing can expect a swift and possibly violent response! :knuppel2:)
  But really these traveller chaps (Decline to call them "Gypsies".) They don't do themselves any favours do they.
                 Graham.

Speaking of travellers, I have been in hospital all last week and they brought one in to the respiritory failaure ward, we (4) were all on ventilators and the nurses let the whole tribe in tho I don't suppose they could really stop them when they were in the numbers they were. They were effin and blinding I could smell the booze and the wackybaccy from my bed. The first thing he asked for when he woke up, yep a fag, well anyway they can't get him off ventilator and it says no resusitation on his notes, daughter saw it in nurses hand over paper she left on my bed.

Reinardina

Sorry to hear you were in hospital. To come across them in such a situation, where you cannot even walk away, must be horrible.

Beauty is bought by judgment of the eye.
Shakespeare. (Love's Labours Lost.)

anglefire

Had my car broken into at about 4am this morning.

----------------------------------
Mark
* A HISTORY OF THE UNIVERSE - THE SHORT STORY* 'Hydrogen is a light, odourless gas, which, given enough time, turns into people.'

CPS Gold Member
My Website

Current Bodies:
Canon 1Dx
Canon R3
Canon R5

Sold Bodies:
Canon 350D
Canon 1DMk3
Canon 5D
Canon 1Dx Mk3

ABERS

NHS proposals. Make them initially to see what you can get away with. Realise that what you've proposed is far beyond any manifesto and a complete balls-up and then draw back and appear as a government that is listening to the peoples' concerns.

The privatisation lobby will have to wait a little longer until they can get their money grubbing snouts in the trough by inserting their thin end of the wedge into it, but believe me they will eventually! :(

Hinfrance

Quote from: ABERS on June 13, 2011, 06:38:44 PM

The privatisation lobby will have to wait a little longer until they can get their money grubbing snouts in the trough by inserting their thin end of the wedge into it, but believe me they will eventually! :(

Too right: that trough is for doctors only  >:( And they'll fight just as hard to keep it for their exclusive use as they did to stop the NHS being created in the first place.
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

spinner

Was shopping at my local grocery store when I noticed 3 firemen in uniform, walking around shopping. Seen it before so didn't really pay them any mind. When we get to the check out counter we pay for our purchases and are just starting to bag them up when the 3 show up behind us they only have a few things that get rung through quickly at which point they start crowding us out of the way. So I'm miffed at their sense of 'entitlement', then realize it took 3 of them to buy one bag of items. Then I get out in the car park and noticed they've driven to the store in a Aerial Ladder truck. The ((&(&(Y*& firehall is just across the &^^$^%&^%&^ !! Street. Email my Mayor's office asking if they could give me an estimate of the cost of that little venture, to me a taxpayer. ARBRRGHH >:(
And more, much more than this, I did it my way
Ol' blue eyes

http://ddsdigita4.wix.com/ddsdigital
https://www.flickr.com/photos/spin498/

Cathus

I'm currently having a debate on an american football photography suggesting that if players are given free copies of photos by photographers who cover the game, the least they can do is say thanks.

someone posted:

"These days with modern photography equipment it is not that difficult to produce good photographs without any particular skill or knowledge of photography."

basically saying that anyone can take photos so why be grateful for good quality shots

Beaux Reflets

Well you still have to learn how to take good shots (once you have mastered the basics) and then process them for use. Of course for close up action shots, the players could hold the cameras themselves  :2funny: - Saving the long lens arm ache - Oh just tell them they are talking bull whatsit  :beer: The only thing thats changed is the medium and that change has made it a more accessible and affordable. Giving a monkey a paint brush will not provide prize art the like of Constable or Turner unless its one exceptional ape!  :knuppel2:  :2funny: :beer:
:beer: Andy

"Light anchors things in place and gives perspective meaning."

The choices we make are rooted in reflection.

http://beauxreflets.blogspot.com/

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.