• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,414
  • Total Topics: 5,707
  • Online today: 92
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 80
  • Total: 80
millets
Microphone Arm,Aokeo AK-4...Sennheiser Profile USB Mi...Temu £100 Coupon bundle o...Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...

What annoyed you today?

Started by greypoint, August 13, 2009, 07:52:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oldboy

We had a bit of watery sunshine today but the Kingfisher didn't appear.  :'(

spinner

Win7. Tried to delete a file folder left over from my Vista install. Win7 has asked me 5 times if I want to delete the folder and it's still trying after 10 mins. Admittedly it was a large folder but still 10 mins for a simple delete? >:(
And more, much more than this, I did it my way
Ol' blue eyes

http://ddsdigita4.wix.com/ddsdigital
https://www.flickr.com/photos/spin498/

chris@seary.com

Tony Blair.

Tony sodding Blair.

No regrets, eh? How could you not have regrets, even if he had the best intentions at the outset (which he didn't).

I'm staggered that he keeps coming out with reasons for invading Iraq that were absolutely not present at the time. Talking about what Saddam would be like if he'd been left there and oil prices were where they are now, so he'd have more resources. That certainly wasn't on the table in 2003. Tony simply thought he was at the Oxford Union yesterday, trying to defend the indefensible. Then bringing up Sep 11 2001, which was NOTHING TO DO WITH SADDAM HUSSEIN.

Did you notice how he slipped 'sciencey' type words into his interview, to make it sound like his decision making was really complex and above the ordinary person? Non-scientific arty people do this, to make them sound a bit cleverer than they are. Very post-modern. For instance, we now have the phrase 'binary distinction'. Binary simply means using base 2 for the numbering system. I kinda think he means boolean, yeah, as in something either is or it isn't? So he shouldn't use maths terms. Then there's the 'calculus of risk'. Blimey, do they use integration and differentiation when deciding whether to illegally bomb another country? Nope, he means CALCULATION of risk. Putting these terms into his phrases is done to make it sound like what he does is more complex than it is, so maybe Joe Public thinks it was a harder choice, involving things that the ordinary man knows nothing about.

I'm just sick of the whole thing, and I kinda think slimey Blair will wriggle out of this again.

greypoint

Of course Blair will wriggle out of it -that's what he does [pleased to say I never voted for him - he always struck me as having the sincerity of Jeffrey Archer!]. It will be interesting to hear Brown's take though.

oRGie

Blairs not in a trial (and the others), he doesnt have to wriggle out of anything, its just a committee looking at what happened and why isnt it ?

Alfonso_Frisk

WAMT?
Snow. Its back again. Only about 2 inches, but its back, grrrrrrrrrr
http://www.fluidr.com/photos/nosmo_king2007
http://www.seateamimages.com/search.php
Wine improves with age, The older I get the more I like it.

greypoint

Quote from: oRGie on January 30, 2010, 12:16:46 PM
Blairs not in a trial (and the others), he doesnt have to wriggle out of anything, its just a committee looking at what happened and why isnt it ?

No it's not a trial - just another monumental waste of money - nothing will be gained - no-one's opinion changed - but the government can say they kept their word [for once] and held an 'open' enquiry.

anglefire

I know someone that was in the armed forces (TA actualy) and was in Iraq. The general opinion as far as I can tell was that there are WMD in Iraq. But there is a lot of sand that can hide them. And yes I know they have done a lot of digging and found nothing of any great consequence, but still thought to be there somewhere.

As for the enquiry, I think it will prove nothing - mostly because opinions amongst the general populus has already been made up anyway and if the result is not what they want to hear, then it will be a white wash.
----------------------------------
Mark
* A HISTORY OF THE UNIVERSE - THE SHORT STORY* 'Hydrogen is a light, odourless gas, which, given enough time, turns into people.'

CPS Gold Member
My Website

Current Bodies:
Canon 1Dx
Canon R3
Canon R5

Sold Bodies:
Canon 350D
Canon 1DMk3
Canon 5D
Canon 1Dx Mk3

Alfonso_Frisk

My son was there from 2003 -2008.
The yanks and us dangled millions of dollars at the captured Iraq forces and public as a sweetener to reveal where these so called WMD were hidden.
Now as we all know money talks and did we find any ??
http://www.fluidr.com/photos/nosmo_king2007
http://www.seateamimages.com/search.php
Wine improves with age, The older I get the more I like it.

chris@seary.com

Quote from: anglefire on January 30, 2010, 01:10:01 PM
I know someone that was in the armed forces (TA actualy) and was in Iraq. The general opinion as far as I can tell was that there are WMD in Iraq. But there is a lot of sand that can hide them. And yes I know they have done a lot of digging and found nothing of any great consequence, but still thought to be there somewhere.

It's been thorughly investigated. There are no weapons of mass destruction in Iraq. An inspection team spent a year there trying to find them. All 'evidence' from before the invasion suggesting WMDs exist has been discredited.

I know your mate in the army has an opinion, but it's just hearsay, and not based on anything.

picsfor

What always puzzled me about Iraq was why we then didn't go after Mugabe?

What was different apart from Oil and the fact that George W Bush hadn't heard of or knew where Zimbabwe was or what Mugabe's relationship to Zimbabwe was?

anglefire

Quote from: chris@seary.com on January 30, 2010, 07:49:51 PM
Quote from: anglefire on January 30, 2010, 01:10:01 PM

It's been thorughly investigated. There are no weapons of mass destruction in Iraq. An inspection team spent a year there trying to find them. All 'evidence' from before the invasion suggesting WMDs exist has been discredited.

I know your mate in the army has an opinion, but it's just hearsay, and not based on anything.

Chris, Like I say, opinion has already been fixed so is not worth any further debate!
What ever the rights and wrongs of the legal basis for going into Iraq, personally I think that ultimately getting rid of the Sadam will be a good thing in the end. Only time though will tell. May even take 2 or 3 generations to really find out.
----------------------------------
Mark
* A HISTORY OF THE UNIVERSE - THE SHORT STORY* 'Hydrogen is a light, odourless gas, which, given enough time, turns into people.'

CPS Gold Member
My Website

Current Bodies:
Canon 1Dx
Canon R3
Canon R5

Sold Bodies:
Canon 350D
Canon 1DMk3
Canon 5D
Canon 1Dx Mk3

picsfor

WAMT?

The bloody health service - in particular my local surgery, who up until now have always been at the top of my praise list.

Why?

I have been fortunate enough to grow a skin tag (little lumps of skin tissue about 2 ml wide and up to 5ml long) at the top of one of my legs. It would require my 100mmm macro lens plus extension tubes to photograph it.
It has caused problems with walking and have had to have it covered in plasters and so on to retain normal mobility.

I've popped to my GP to have it removed and was told i would get a call with an appointment. This was chased up again on Friday. The GP was available to perform the procedure but the person required to officially enter the appointment wasn't there - so no procedure.

Today i have had to go to A&E to get said skin tag removed because it has turned black and is almost as painful as a kidney stone.
Consultant at A&E berated me for covering with plasters - as this will cause the exact effect i have. My GP should not only have warned off pursuing such behaviour - but should have whipped me through to the room next door and apparently removed it there and then - with our without the correct person to enter procedure into the correct appointment book!.

I am now stuck at home immobile for 3 days on anti biotics just to get me to a point where i can go and see my GP to see when the correct receptionist is going to be on duty to make me an appointment to have the bloody thing removed. Annoyed - livid would be a more accurate description. It makes PCSO's, Section 44 of the Terrorism Act look decidely organised.

As for picture of the day challenge - i'll take on of the medication today, one of the skin tag tomorrow, and one of me ramming the appointment pad donw sad receptionist throat on Tuesday. The picture from the paper of me being led away from the surgry will do for Wednesday  :-X :spam:

spinner

Barely out of my bed and my other half has taken two shots at me. Some how it's my fault she wakes up at 4:30 am. I think I'll go back to bed. :(
And more, much more than this, I did it my way
Ol' blue eyes

http://ddsdigita4.wix.com/ddsdigital
https://www.flickr.com/photos/spin498/

Oldboy

Quote from: spinner on January 31, 2010, 01:43:21 PM
Barely out of my bed and my other half has taken two shots at me. Some how it's my fault she wakes up at 4:30 am. I think I'll go back to bed. :(

I assume the first shot missed due to her tiredness and unable to focus here eyes!  :2funny:  :legit:

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.