• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,414
  • Total Topics: 5,707
  • Online today: 132
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 78
  • Total: 78
wex
Microphone Arm,Aokeo AK-4...Sennheiser Profile USB Mi...Temu £100 Coupon bundle o...Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...

What bemused you today?

Started by greypoint, August 24, 2009, 07:51:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hinfrance

Interesting. The French (as always) have a unique approach to retailing. Mulit-packs are almost without exception more expensive than the same number of items purchased separately, and they have a wonderful sense of humour (at least that's what I think it is) when it comes to the winter sales:

and

Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

Oldboy

Quote from: deetus on January 25, 2010, 01:13:57 PM
Visited a well known supermarket and noticed that they had Tropicana Orange Juice for sale at £1.66, or 3 for £5.00.
Well they do say that every little helps  ::)

Yesterday paper had exampes like Cumberland Sausages £1 or 2 for £3 and Corned beef ready meal at £1.50 or 3 for £5.  :o

Darren1978

What Bemused Me Today??

Well, it was yesterday actually, but thats a small issue!  My laptop has suddenly decided it wants to throw a bit of a tantrum for know apparent reason.  Switched it off Sunday night and it was working fine.  Switch it on again on Monday when I got home from work and it throws up an error message..

"Application has generated an exception that could not be handled.

Process ID = 0x844 (2116), Thread ID = 0x848 (2120)

Click OK to terminate the application
click CANCEL to debug application"

Whatever option I choose I then get the following error message

"Registered JIT de-bugger is not available. An attempt to launch a JIT de-bu gger with the following command resulted in an error code of 9x2 (2).

cordbg.exe !a 0x844

Click on Retry to have the process wait while attaching a de-bu gger manually
Click on Cancel to abort the JIT debug request."

It still does nothing.

The laptop works fine, except for the fact I cannot connect to the internet!  I've tried repairing the connection, reinstalling the Sky broadband software...I get nothing.  It won't even dipslay any wireless networks  :(  My iPhone and PS3 all connect fine.

Why?  Why, does IT/technology do this?  Nothing, and I mean nothing was done to the laptop from when I switched it off on Sunday to switching in on again on Monday!  Arrrrggggghhhhhh  >:(

Oldboy

Try doing a restore as this usually fixes the problem. You could also look in the event log to see what application is causing the problem.  ;D

Darren1978

System restore sounds a bit serious and I'd probably make a mess of things  :D

And 'Event Log'?  Where would I find that??  I know nothing about computers or the terminology used ;)

oRGie

Darren, did a google and found this info about .net framwork problems after this error

"registered JIT debugger is not available.
an attempt to launch a JIT debugger with the following command resulted
in an error code of 0x2(2).

have a read below or check the microsoft knowledge base to update the .net framwork, that may be simpler ;)

Based on my experience, this can be caused by a corrupted installation of
the .NET Framework 1.1. Manually removing the .NET Framework (steps in
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=320112 should suffice) then using
best-practice techniques to reinstall it (selective startup using
MSCONFIG.EXE including only the Windows Installer service) should allow the
installation of .NET framework to succeed without error.

Best-practice reinstallation steps are:

**If you're on a Novell Network proceed with caution... you will need the
local Administrator account to successfully log on to the machine. If you
proceed without knowing the local administrator's password, you will lock
yourself out of your machine**

1. Download and extract the contents of attached MSCONFIG.ZIP (msconfig.exe)
2. Run it to launch the System Configuration Utility
3. Under the General tab, choose Diagnostic Startup
4. Under the Services tab, find and add a check to Windows Installer
5. Click Apply then Close
6. Reboot when prompted

NOTE: the settings in the System Configuration Utility will persist from
boot up to boot up. To get back to a normal startup, you must choose
"Normal Startup" in the utility and reboot. Failing to do so will result
in an inability to ¡®see?network resources, which can include your internet
connection.

7. Once rebooted, go to Start | Run... type "%temp%" then click OK to get
into your Temp directory
8. Delete all contents of %temp%
9. Run the program dotnetfx.exe which can be found in the DotNetFramework
folder on the WCU CD or in the WCU\DotNetFramework folder if you're using
the DVD... this will manually kick off the Framework installation.

magicrhodes

A "debugger" sounds like sometyhing you should be sent to public school with...  :D :legit:

Oldboy

Quote from: magicrhodes on January 26, 2010, 04:10:48 PM
A "debugger" sounds like sometyhing you should be sent to public school with...  :D :legit:

No, that's a Old Bugger!  :2funny:

Oldboy

Quote from: Darren1978 on January 26, 2010, 12:17:38 PM
System restore sounds a bit serious and I'd probably make a mess of things  :D

And 'Event Log'?  Where would I find that??  I know nothing about computers or the terminology used ;)
Click Start, Control Panel, Administrative Tools and click on Event Viewer in the right-hand pane. When the window opens, click on Applications and move down the list until you find the error. Click on the error and it will show details about what caused it.

As to restore, click Start, Control Panel and click on Backup & Restore. When the window opens click on Use System Restore, at the bottom of the screen and it will restore your system to the point before the error occurred. Usually this is all that's required and reboot after it's done should mean this error doesn't appear again.  :tup:

greypoint

.....Jobcentre refuses advert which stipulates 'reliable' person wanted on the grounds it might hold them open to being sued for discrimination against unreliable people......... :doh:

deetus

Quote from: greypoint on January 27, 2010, 07:20:56 AM
.....Jobcentre refuses advert which stipulates 'reliable' person wanted on the grounds it might hold them open to being sued for discrimination against unreliable people......... :doh:
The world's gone mad - well at least Britain. What happens if you want someone with, say, experience with Microsoft Office, would that be turned down on the same grounds?   ???

Oldboy

Quote from: greypoint on January 27, 2010, 07:20:56 AM

They might be reliably unreliable!  ::)

greypoint

....the ipad.....what's it for? apart from making money from those 'must have the latest gadget brigade'....

ABERS

...and those strangely ridiculous clingy garments that cyclists wear trying to look like Le Tour participants. What's wrong with cycle clips, can you still buy those? ::)

Jonathan

Quote from: greypoint on January 29, 2010, 08:14:33 AM
....the ipad.....what's it for? apart from making money from those 'must have the latest gadget brigade'....

Best summary I saw was "to do everything you can with a laptop.  Except anything to do with work."

And yes.  Of course I'm getting one.  I followed the Keynote blow by blow and was happy when I thought they were going to be $999/£999.
It's Guest's round

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.