• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,412
  • Total Topics: 5,705
  • Online today: 102
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 82
  • Total: 82
  • Google (AdSense) (3)
If you would like to make a donation to help with the running costs of the site, then a donation button has been added to the bottom of the page.  Thanks.
Temu £100 Coupon bundle o...Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning Resources

What bemused you today?

Started by greypoint, August 24, 2009, 07:51:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Graham

Quote from: spinner on November 26, 2009, 11:50:06 AM
My work situation, actually it's been bemusing me for weeks. Just after we managed to increase our office staff by 3 extra people our workload appears to have died off by a huge percentage. Now instead of three of us sitting around divying up a meager workload there's six of us sitting around most afternoons twiddling our thumbs. Makes for a really long day.  :'(

Hey Spinner, tell me about it!
                                               Perhaps you could try something like this.
                 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tp9bYVvQrMQ&feature=related
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. 

My Gallery
My Flickr Pics

anglefire

----------------------------------
Mark
* A HISTORY OF THE UNIVERSE - THE SHORT STORY* 'Hydrogen is a light, odourless gas, which, given enough time, turns into people.'

CPS Gold Member
My Website

Current Bodies:
Canon 1Dx
Canon R3
Canon R5

Sold Bodies:
Canon 350D
Canon 1DMk3
Canon 5D
Canon 1Dx Mk3

Hinfrance

Michael Mann.  http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/science/nature/8381317.stm

He's spent the best part of a decade trying to erase any trace of the Little Ice Age and the Medieval Warm Period from the climate records (AKA 'The Hockey Stick', see also anything you like under 'Climategate' - the best bit there is Trenberth, leading IPCC author admitting that he hasn't got a clue, actually, about how the climate works, but I digress), and now he claims to have suddenly found the reason he thinks they happened. Seems he finally read something Lindzen has published. And then copied it was inspired to recreate it.

You've got to admire the man's chutzpah.
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

CML-1591

Dreamweaver, files can't be managed, pfft.
Landscape photography is the supreme test of the photographer - and often the supreme disappointment. - Ansel Adams,

Hinfrance

Just read a BBC story about the Department for Energy and Climate Change; the ministries of Truth, Peace and Plenty surely cannot be far behind.
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

greypoint

Was'nt Mandelson going to be made Minister for Information - very 1984?  No-one was really sure if it was a case of Joseph Goebels or Comical Ali though ::)

magicrhodes

Quote from: Tringle WP on December 02, 2009, 06:14:44 PM
Just read a BBC story about the Department for Energy and Climate Change; the ministries of Truth, Peace and Plenty surely cannot be far behind.

We already have a Ministry for Justice... which makes me think of Judge Dread!

spinner

Was sitting in front of my office computer at lunch somewhat bored and started to peruse my rather long list of bookmarks built up over many bored lunches, when I cam apon the old DCM one. Clicked it out of curiosity and of course it took me to PR. Still bored I went to the forums and what do I find? A certain, pompous, nasty, blowhard is still there, still pompous and nasty and still defending himself under the guise of offering honest criticism. I guess for him it never gets old.  ;D
And more, much more than this, I did it my way
Ol' blue eyes

http://ddsdigita4.wix.com/ddsdigital
https://www.flickr.com/photos/spin498/

picsfor

Quote from: spinner on December 04, 2009, 12:36:11 AM
A certain, pompous, nasty, blowhard is still there, still pompous and nasty and still defending himself under the guise of offering honest criticism. I guess for him it never gets old.  ;D
And was he still awarding every ones picture just 1 star?

spinner

The thread that caught my eye had him whining that he planned to 1 star a POTD but knew he'd be attacked so gave it 2. Magnanimous to a fault.
And more, much more than this, I did it my way
Ol' blue eyes

http://ddsdigita4.wix.com/ddsdigital
https://www.flickr.com/photos/spin498/

Oldboy

Quote from: spinner on December 04, 2009, 12:36:11 AM
Was sitting in front of my office computer at lunch somewhat bored and started to peruse my rather long list of bookmarks built up over many bored lunches, when I cam apon the old DCM one. Clicked it out of curiosity and of course it took me to PR. Still bored I went to the forums and what do I find? A certain, pompous, nasty, blowhard is still there, still pompous and nasty and still defending himself under the guise of offering honest criticism. I guess for him it never gets old.  ;D

He hasn't changed, as he had a go at me a couple of times.  >:(

In another thread, which asks for advice about which DSLR to buy, he claims you don't need a DSLR just a compact!  ::)

hevans

Haven't been on that site for a month or so...just can't be bothered right now.

picsfor

Quote from: hevans on December 04, 2009, 07:16:47 PM

Not enough stars?  :2funny: :tup:

anglefire

Quote from: hevans on December 04, 2009, 07:16:47 PM

I keep looking in, but I really don't know why. Its rubbish! :spam:
----------------------------------
Mark
* A HISTORY OF THE UNIVERSE - THE SHORT STORY* 'Hydrogen is a light, odourless gas, which, given enough time, turns into people.'

CPS Gold Member
My Website

Current Bodies:
Canon 1Dx
Canon R3
Canon R5

Sold Bodies:
Canon 350D
Canon 1DMk3
Canon 5D
Canon 1Dx Mk3

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.